test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Costume Bugs

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Emperyean Construct's Chest of Recognition costume piece from the Silver Champion Recognition vendors replaces the Questionite Power Armor chest layer selection with Emperyean Power Armor. Visually there is no difference between the two costume pieces. Unlocking the costume piece simply renamed one to the other.

If you already had the Questionite Power Armor unlocked by being Gold, purchased a retail copy of the game from FNAC or purchased the Variety Pack in the C-Store and you bought this costume piece from the vendor you just wasted 20 Silver Champion recognition tokens.

Link to the Questionite Power Armor on the wiki: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Questionite_Power_Armor
    edited June 2012
    The Emperyean Construct's Chest of Recognition costume piece from the Silver Champion Recognition vendors replaces the Questionite Power Armor chest layer selection with Emperyean Power Armor. Visually there is no difference between the two costume pieces. Unlocking the costume piece simply renamed one to the other...

Link to the Questionite Power Armor on the wiki: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Questionite_Power_Armor
    Interesting. I'm not calling you wrong. I've not purchased the Emperyean myself (yet?), but according to this post, the Silver Champ piece looks like this, which even though it's on a female (vs. the male post in your wiki link) is entirely different.

Huh. :confused:

Sounds like another bug in there somewhere to me... :rolleyes:
    edited June 2012
    Actually, it renames the Questionite Power Armor and unlocks a new circuit pattern for it, so I don't think it's an actual bug.
    edited June 2012
    Actually, it renames the Questionite Power Armor and unlocks a new circuit pattern for it, so I don't think it's an actual bug.

That's fine if it's supposed to work that way. I still don't have said pattern though.
    edited June 2012
    That's fine if it's supposed to work that way. I still don't have said pattern though.
    That's definitely a bug then, I bought the unlock and can access it on characters that weren't the original purchaser, so it should work as an account-wide costume unlock.
    edited June 2012
    cabraxusb wrote:
    Hi.

I posted this before under the "Demonchest Missing" thread in the "Items and Crafting" forum, but figured I would repost it here.

What what I've seen, most people that have purchased the Demonchest & can't access it with their alts can still access it with the PC that purchased it. I can't even do that... I've tried it with the purchasing toon and several other alts, along with every different permutation of "chest" I can find. It's just not there, even though the Recog Vendor says I've already unlocked the piece.

I don't mean to sound redundant on this, I just figured I would post it since not even my purchasing PC can get it.

From what I can tell, this is what the item unlocks: http://www.jackalgallery.com/co_images/costume_unity_demonchest.jpg
    It's under integrated shoulders and is called arcane demon.
    edited June 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:
    From what I can tell, this is what the item unlocks: http://www.jackalgallery.com/co_images/costume_unity_demonchest.jpg
    It's under integrated shoulders and is called arcane demon.

Doesn't work on males
    edited June 2012
    AkorPanda wrote:
    don't know what kind of bug this is, but all my toons are having a graphic issue where the chest and leg tights are all out of focus, like they're 64 bit or something, but everyother peice is appearing just fine.

any ideas?

Check your visual option to see if the "Half Resolution" box is active or not, I had my graphical setups resset with some of those patch and this was usualy the thing making my game look ugly.
    edited June 2012
    is there a reason why the huge lemurian back spikes are only available to the hero who bought them? if it's not a bug, then I don't see any reason... just annoying.
    edited June 2012
    is there a reason why the huge lemurian back spikes are only available to the hero who bought them? if it's not a bug, then I don't see any reason... just annoying.

One of about a half dozen costume pieces that came out with On Alert that are self-unlocked only.
    edited June 2012
    The Superconductor Torso armor is not available to female characters, so I basically wasted Silver Champion recognition for a costume piece I can't use.

Cryptic needs to get on the ball and fix these current issues instead of coming out with more costumes with more issues.
    edited June 2012
    They are so lazy, I'm sure it's as easy as to tick a box that says "allow on female characters", but they'd rather shove down craptastic grab bags down our throats till we forget about the thousand of costume bugs that they're not fixing, some that have been bugged for over a year. This game is going down the drain, with all the changes from PWE it's even worse. It will not last one more year.
    edited June 2012
    It would be nice if we could use content we unlock.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Why, why am I not surprised:

The Gravitar Boots can only be metal, while the Gravitar Gloves can be Metal or Leather.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • realsorceryrealsorcery Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bumping this thread again because many of the issues in the OP are still not resolved. Just today I noticed that the Demon costume pieces are still not account wide and the Irradiate jackets still have holes that go through the entire character.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I Really want this fixed. Then I can spend my recog on the costume parts and be a happy lizard.
    edited July 2012
    New bug:

The Ancient Armor chestpiece is available under Jackets, which causes you to have GIANT HOLES IN YOUR BODY on female characters (and assuming males, based on how the system renders your character once you've chosen Jackets).

Again, this continues to prove that Cryptic NEVER looks at costume bits before putting them up. At all. Ever.
  • ionstrikeionstrike Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yea this continued lack of fixes for any and all bugs has just been ridiculous these last few months. All we get are Alert fixes, and everyone knows those are just here to entertain the new players. It seems that like most companies, PWE just wants to focus on bringing new players in.

Basically I will not play CO until we get atleast one good round of bug fixes, and some of those being some of the more major costume bugs.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    New bug:

The Ancient Armor chestpiece is available under Jackets, which causes you to have GIANT HOLES IN YOUR BODY on female characters (and assuming males, based on how the system renders your character once you've chosen Jackets).

Again, this continues to prove that Cryptic NEVER looks at costume bits before putting them up. At all. Ever.

Reproduced on male body version.
    In a way though, I kinda hope it was intentional. With the right pieces otherwise, it gives the impression of a magically animated suit of armour.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    New bug:

Also, the Ancient armor is available as a "chest layer" option for the tights/skin torso - which allows you to use it with all kinds of neck pieces not available to the chestwear torso apparently due to clipping concerns. Why is clipping only a big issue sometimes?

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope that the Ancient Armor in Jackets stays at it is.
    Because this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/elementaltitan.jpg/
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited July 2012
    Why is clipping only a big issue sometimes?

That's a really, really good question. Yet another reason they just need to unlock everything everywhere and let the playerbase deal with it.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I hope that the Ancient Armor in Jackets stays at it is.
    Because this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/elementaltitan.jpg/

Oh man, that's beautiful. It's a bug, but it's so..beautiful.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Gravitar Boots are only showing up if you do a search for them, they do NOT show in the scroll down menu of parts under the feet category.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Making my stand HERE against the fix for Ancient Armor in Jackets.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • digitaltwistdigitaltwist Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's a really, really good question. Yet another reason they just need to unlock everything everywhere and let the playerbase deal with it.

This so hard, some of my teeth may have exploded.

• rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did they STILL not fix the Recognition costumes? Demon UNTIL pieces need to be account-unlocked as well as many others.
    edited August 2012
    I didn't want to do this.... but...

Bump
  • kselichkselich Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I noticed today that a costume part was missing, though I can't tell when this happened.

I had the helmet from the Hi Pan alert, the cool horned one (in half-helmets) and it's gone. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    More costume bugs - Droopy Antenna, Dual Droopy Antannae (Retro Sci Fi set) and Pulp Rockabilly Rolls (Pulp set) have lost their animation/physics. Those costume pieces completely disappeared with the August 24 patch, they are now back, I guess, but still not fully restored.
    edited September 2012
    DEMON, fire demon recognition costume pieces need to be account wide. When is our recognition costume bug fix patch coming? ;(
  • sedimenturiansedimenturian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There is a problem with the "Classic Falcon" tights, purchased from the C-Store, where the color on the falcon emblem "bleeds" into the rest of the tights, specifically when the tights are black and the falcon is a bright color like yellow.

Its even worse when the "outline" around the falcon is the same color as the tights. There are tiny streaks that leak out from the falcon to the tights.

I've tested, changed, and monkeyed around with ALL of the graphics/video/effects settings, and absolutely none of them had any effect on the problem at all.
  • variatasvariatas Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Camouflage pattern for upper-body tights is locked into the wrong detail setting, which appears to be that of the Camo Parka jacket piece, on both males and females.