What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So that is the super awesome 1k Vet Rewards they took 46 days to get together?

Let's analyze:

- increased refine limit to 16k (basically a multiplier or a hardcoded change -_-) -> not impressed but OK

- Glowy Thights (highly skeptical on how awfull this will be)

- A flight TP? (seriously? this better be the most awesome and highly customizable Flight TP out of them all, will multiple posese OR ELSE!!!)

- A title (-_- not the most inspired one but oh well)

THAT'S IT!!!! This is the 1k vet reward?? Cryptic are you kidding me? Considering you could not even get this on time that's all? You hyped it up saying it will be great and that's why it takes more time to make but that is it?

We don't even get a new forum title for the 1k Vet Reward....seriously? How hard is that to code into the website. You just make another text/database entry with the desired title and utilize the subscirbed time as in if($subscirbed>1000) (PHP) then you enable the option.

You dropped the SOAP on this one CRYPTIC AGAIN :rolleyes:
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So... it begins...

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    dimitrikdimitrik Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just tossing this out...

With the CP thing being done away with, everything (on a numbers basis) costing more in the C-Store, and emphasis being on how things aren't changing on a ratio scale...

...Are we going to see questionite rewards increase to scale/compensate for what translates into a price inflation, or are those of us who are specifically using the Questionite Exchange for CP (Zen now, I guess) just kind'a gettin' screwed? Even just raising the refine limit to an even 10k would seem an appropriate adjustment.
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, great. Devana Hawke. Wheee.

*polishes the *ss-kicking boots*

Bring it!
  • Options
    florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    If you noticed in the notes some people have been posting, we're getting 6 new bosses in the alerts.

Oh yay.... more alerts.. because we woulsn't want cryptic to produce any meaningful content

I honestly don't understand how people can be so complacent about this.

New bosses in Alerts is NOT new content and it never will be.

I am extremely BORED of alerts. And the way people go on with this, i'ma write a pretend release notes/commentary

"This just in: the people are bored of Alert Boss #404,324,746,234,234,567,986 SO let's give them something new, something they have NEVER seen before, let's release.... Alert Boss #404,324,746,234,234,567,987 And they will be none the wiser about the the fact it's still the exact same alert backgrounds."

If you're goign to do this, at least make Adventure packs more exciting, remake Resistance and replace Shadow Destoyer with Grond, because at least then it will be somethign new from constant Alert switcheroo's and people will TOTALLY be surprised at how random it is.

Also, if the Villain contest bosses are still the same costumes from the actual desgins of players. i predict cryptic has now just removed those pieces from being unlocked. and now you have to farm them for 500 Hours to get one piece. Hope none of them use Therakiel's Sword, because i had to do 136 Runs in order to have gotten mine
  • Options
    thesprawlerthesprawler Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    florghhh wrote: »
    Oh yay.... more alerts.. because we woulsn't want cryptic to produce any meaningful content

I honestly don't understand how people can be so complacent about this.

New bosses in Alerts is NOT new content and it never will be.

I am extremely BORED of alerts. And the way people go on with this, i'ma write a pretend release notes/commentary

"This just in: the people are bored of Alert Boss #404,324,746,234,234,567,986 SO let's give them something new, something they have NEVER seen before, let's release.... Alert Boss #404,324,746,234,234,567,987 And they will be none the wiser about the the fact it's still the exact same alert backgrounds."

If you're goign to do this, at least make Adventure packs more exciting, remake Resistance and replace Shadow Destoyer with Grond, because at least then it will be somethign new from constant Alert switcheroo's and people will TOTALLY be surprised at how random it is.

Also, if the Villain contest bosses are still the same costumes from the actual desgins of players. i predict cryptic has now just removed those pieces from being unlocked. and now you have to farm them for 500 Hours to get one piece. Hope none of them use Therakiel's Sword, because i had to do 136 Runs in order to have gotten mine

This entire post is rife with vast exaggerations. Let's go through it in order.

1. Cryptic is currently working on a Nighthawk "event" which, I believe, will be similar in set up to how the Lemurian and Monster Island crises are currently implemented, through queuable instances. This will most likely be on the same scale as the crises.

2. Alerts never were meant to be meaningful content, but they are meant to be random things you do if you have a few minutes spare. By not creating new scenarios for these new bosses, they are thus not giving alerts undue attention. They don't NEED new scenarios.

3. A new alert scenario will be coming in the shape of the winner of the Design a Villain contest, which is currently going through testing on the PTS. This will have the same set up as Gravitar, but will feature different combat mechanics that, from what I've read, are actually quite interesting.

4. There has never been an occasion where a new boss has REMOVED a costume item that we previously had access to. Ever.

So stop jumping to unprecedented conclusions and getting in a panic over something you've cooked up in your head.
    Yes, right now is a bit of a slow period in development... but there's a very good reason for that.

Champions Online is not a popular or very successful MMO. It does not make much money. When not much money is made, not much money can be spent.

It's as simple as that. Content like adventure packs and comic series are expensive, especially at the rate that they were churning them out last year. I know PWE can seem like money grabbers but, when you think about it, they have to try and get money where they can. If they don't, they literally CANNOT make anything new. Devs don't work for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh wow, i need my Co fix....

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All of this conspiracy talk is making me miss 'Paranoia'....now THAT would be a fun MMO.....

the computer is your friend
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012

1. Cryptic is currently working on a Nighthawk "event" which, I believe, will be similar in set up to how the Lemurian and Monster Island crises are currently implemented, through queuable instances. This will most likely be on the same scale as the crises.

2. Alerts never were meant to be meaningful content, but they are meant to be random things you do if you have a few minutes spare. By not creating new scenarios for these new bosses, they are thus not giving alerts undue attention. They don't NEED new scenarios.

3. A new alert scenario will be coming in the shape of the winner of the Design a Villain contest, which is currently going through testing on the PTS. This will have the same set up as Gravitar, but will feature different combat mechanics that, from what I've read, are actually quite interesting.

4. There has never been an occasion where a new boss has REMOVED a costume item that we previously had access to. Ever.

So stop jumping to unprecedented conclusions and getting in a panic over something you've cooked up in your head.
    Yes, right now is a bit of a slow period in development... but there's a very good reason for that.

Champions Online is not a popular or very successful MMO. It does not make much money. When not much money is made, not much money can be spent.

It's as simple as that. Content like adventure packs and comic series are expensive, especially at the rate that they were churning them out last year. I know PWE can seem like money grabbers but, when you think about it, they have to try and get money where they can. If they don't, they literally CANNOT make anything new. Devs don't work for free.

Is equating the size of a possible Nighthawk event with that of the Monster Island and Lemurian crises, without any information whatsoever to support that assumption, any less jumping to conclusion than what you take florghhh to task for ?

Or are you the only one allowed to, "cook something up in your head ?"

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    thesprawlerthesprawler Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Is equating the size of a possible Nighthawk event with that of the Monster Island and Lemurian crises, without any information whatsoever to support that assumption, any less jumping to conclusion than what you take florghhh to task for ?

Or are you the only one allowed to, "cook something up in your head ?"

Ok, I'll give you that. It is me assuming, mostly because... well, I'd like to at least believe something good's coming, don't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eyesofthedragonxeyesofthedragonx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rowan79 wrote: »

I second that!! :eek:
  • Options
    mrbeatzeromrbeatzero Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I need my fix man...I -need- it.. getting all jittery..But in all seriousness the rewards look good and I'm curious to see what -millenium flight- actually is.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know, we never really got to test the new Alert bosses at length on PTS...

I hope they won't be buggy, since it's our only new content.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rowan79 wrote: »

Tell me about the down time means I actually have to TALK to customers in my shop.

And I really dont want to talk to some of em :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    polaoa1polaoa1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But me im Qc its 10:42 o'clock how time the game can Play:biggrin::biggrin:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mrbeatzero wrote: »
    I need my fix man...I -need- it.. getting all jittery..But in all seriousness the rewards look good and I'm curious to see what -millenium flight- actually is.

Are you serious? Those rewards are a joke. This vet reward is probably the most worthless of them all.:mad:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Are we there yet?

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    Are you serious? Those rewards are a joke. This vet reward is probably the most worthless of them all.:mad:

I'd point out that value is subjective, but past data suggests you're disinclined to listen to such statements in a serious fashion. :U

However, just because you're unhappy with something is a poor reason to balk at others that are happy with it and specifically in the rude manner in which you're doing so.

TLDR; Chill, bro. Deep breaths! Relax.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    florghhhflorghhh Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Okay.. you're right. Clearly Nighthawk will be the best content added since... the most recent alert boss. It's like a 1000% increase in content size all at once
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Mom are we there yet...
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stop pulling your sister's hair!
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Why? WHY!? Today I got the Spartan set for the 300 days as gold. And I cannot try it out!!

Why???

Are we there yet??

Oh, wait. 300... Spartans... :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    No. We're not there yet.

And I swear, if you lot do not stop, we will never get there, because I will turn this car around and drive off a cliff!

:|

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Having great time in CoX! Waterrr Blaaassst!
    :tongue:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Having great time in CoX! Waterrr Blaaassst!
    :tongue:

The irony is, my machine can run CO without risking explody heat death, but CoH/V even at stupid low resolutions kills my card (to clarify - I have to work to get CO over 75C at this point; Four minutes of CoH/V pushes me past 80C and rising).

Can we say 'horrible optimization'? I know I can.

EDIT: Just an odd semi-topical quirk. It amuses and amazes me. The worst part is, that's not even the best optimization I've seen.

Diablo 3 runs only a little hotter then Minecraft does for me. That's crazy. To compare, I can stream video and get my machine warmer then Minecraft.

So bizarre.

• Options
    menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its not so bad
    i can wait........
    yes....wait *rocks in back and forth nervously*

• Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like how the release notes say "100 day vet reward"

I was like "wat"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    You know a down time has went on for to long when you find yourself watching Desperate Housewives.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Mike dies.
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    You know a down time has went on for to long when you find yourself watching Desperate Housewives.

Boredom brings out the worst in people. *hides the tabs with old Naruto episodes*
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nepht wrote: »

Get a hold of youself! -has a spaz attack- Well get out of this...maybe...-rocks back and forth.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Mike dies.

I will let Lord Vader reply for me :/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I&feature=related
  • Options
    nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boreddd:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • Options
    man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your worried about Desperate Housewives I have started to do things off the wife's to do list :eek:, you know the one even she knows will never get done. If the game doesn't come back up soon I will start to decorate the spare room.............................Help me please :frown:
    edited July 2012
    Your worried about Desperate Housewives I have started to do things off the wife's to do list :eek:, you know the one even she knows will never get done. If the game doesn't come back up soon I will start to decorate the spare room.............................Help me please :frown:

Stuff like getting that squeaky floor board fixed you know what my hubby is doing at the mo >.>

Sleeping and farting.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In other news minecraft seems to be a pretty easy way to pass time. Trying to recreate club caprice out of boredom...
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Posts: 51
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Oh, wait. 300... Spartans... :B

Wow. I can't believe I never noticed that. :tongue:
  • Options
    frost3511frost3511 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh god no.

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING NOW?!

Happy I have stuffs t'do.
    Or else I'd be complaining about how annoying this is.
  • Options
    frost3511frost3511 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I now fear for my life...

I may have to play.....

-dramaface-

....SOMETHING ELSE FOR NOW.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »

But... but... Millennial flight goes up to eleven!!!

Actually I have heard it goes to R4... but don't quote me on that...

:)

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...I actually think this is a pretty solid vet reward. Though I'm curious to see just what the glow tights are... if it's a costume set or if it's allowing us use of glow. I hope it's the latter.

The 16K Q cap is a pretty good idea for a vet reward, even though it won't do me personally much good.

Curious about the travel power, too.
    edited July 2012
    if the flight has a trailer that says "I am a 1000 day vet and this is my reward" similar to the flag speed it will be amusing.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...I actually think this is a pretty solid vet reward. Though I'm curious to see just what the glow tights are... if it's a costume set or if it's allowing us use of glow. I hope it's the latter.

The 16K Q cap is a pretty good idea for a vet reward, even though it won't do me personally much good.

Curious about the travel power, too.

Yeah... I'm hoping the glow tights use new patterns and aren't just a bunch of existing tights patterns w/ glow enabled...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I hope the Glow Tights USES the old patterns.
  • Options
    denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I checked my account and it said my sub was on day 0 inactive and I got the LTS
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I checked my account and it said my sub was on day 0 inactive and I got the LTS

Everyone is getting that same message I believe.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    astazia wrote: »
    Wow. I can't believe I never noticed that. :tongue:

Me neither. I feel speshial!

Are we there yet?

Oh, and where are my days? :c I Want my 300 days as gold, dang it!

*throws a kitty fist*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Were a little over half to answer everyone on time, I'd say another 2 hours max give or take a few mins.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    Me neither. I feel speshial!

Are we there yet?

Oh, and where are my days? :c I Want my 300 days as gold, dang it!

*throws a kitty fist*

300 days??? This is Madness!!