test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us back our Characters!

r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
Where are my charcters on the website?

yesterday i were able to look at my characters via webbrowser / champions website...now the option is not there anymore :/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ofarmerofarmer Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to see that feature returned. If for no other reason than the forum game we had going down in Fan Base Alpha.
  • Options
    meredyredleafmeredyredleaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would love that as well, please.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    /signed
    Please.
    Game is simply not the same without a place for showcasing our striperific outfits and badly written background stories. ;|
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I never really gave the feature much thought so removing it isn't a big personal deal to me.

If bringing it back stops all the complaining about it then I'm all for it.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I also want to have that, and of course to have it fixed for me and all other players
    for whom it didn't work since nearly a year now.

However .. the thing is that this feature need to give the website direct access to the
    Database of the game, so as a web-programmer i can understand that they maybe don't
    want that at all because of security reasons, or if they redo it, it will take time :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To help people have a better day or to feel better from this two guys playing cellos with star wars music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o
  • Options
    craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed
    Please.
    Game is simply not the same without a place for showcasing our striperific outfits and badly written background stories. ;|
    I agree 100% I hope we can get that back
    edited July 2012
    I'm not holding my breath on this one. Seemingly, since day one the functionality of this games' website has steadily diminished and removed features haven't exactly shown a great trend of returning. New features haven't been exactly forthcoming either.

Things I used to use that are now gone:

Supergroup management (invites, kicks, promotions, colors, insignias, messages, etc.)
    Friends list
    Game mail
    My characters pages
    iPhone Champions Companion
    Cryptic points counter
    etc.

Features added:

...can't really think of one useful thing we can do now that we couldn't do before.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Core Connect has the ability to display characters, would assume CO and STO will be added eventually.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

How else can we play the forum game of "pick the other poster's character"???

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wish we still had it. It would make visiting the website more interesting.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...Game is simply not the same without a place for showcasing our striperific outfits and badly written background stories. ;|
    /signed +one billion.

Please restore this functionality. I always love being able to look at peoples' toon collections, as well as showing off my own.

:redface:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    faunfaun Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And get the friends window back on the website while you are at it.
    I want to see if anyone interesting is online before I take the efforts to login and startup.
  • Options
    wheredmynamegowheredmynamego Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This whole switch over is awful. No character pages, no way to see which friends are in-game, no way to check messages--all of which were really useful.
  • Options
    mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This whole switch over is awful. No character pages, no way to see which friends are in-game, no way to check messages--all of which were really useful.
    Basically this. It was nice being able to see who was on/in game from the main page. I liked that I could see my in game mail from here.

And since I have a poor memory, I used my own character profile page more than I looked at those of other peeps. :tongue:
    When I retcon, I usually only change like 1 or 2 things (like the travel powers, since I never remember to put those in last for easy change-out later :eek:), which means I could have my character profile up on one screen, and be in game on the other and put everything back like I had it before except the tweaks.

I'd really love to have the character profile pages back.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • Options
    forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To showcase a game character, select a game character and drag it into the Showcase section. You can also sort their order by dragging them up or down.
    Taken from the Core Connect section of PWE website, at this time Champions Online is not part of this. If and when it does get attached to Core Connect maybe this will perform a similar function.
    Gosh now everybody knows how I felt. My Characters didn't work for me.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    Nope. CORE displays only your character name, level and generic icon for your combination of race+class+gender.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Apparently (swiping from something StormShade said on another topic yesterday) the PWE system doesn't speak clearly with the Cryptic database, so at the moment we can't have neat things like mail and characters on this website.

I hold out hope that one day these will be repaired. Then again, I also hold out hope that the Higgs boson actually exists and we can one day polarize them to modify gravity fields, so...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed.

This was a great feature and if PW have any nouse at all they'll be looking at the good features the old pages had and not only try ad restore them for this version but try and get the same for all their games.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    echozeeroechozeero Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pwe! Y U No Character Page?
  • Options
    vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah...would definitely be nice to get that feature back.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • Options
    kharma23kharma23 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I seriously doubt that this will be coming back, but I hope it will.

As an alt-o-holic and costume fanatic I always enjoyed seeing, and getting ideas, fron everyone's handiwork.:frown:

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

I also used the friends lists frequently, I could quickly check from my phone if necessary who was online and join them.. Really annoying not being able to check that out at all now without logging on..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

customise: avatar or signature
    (thanks to r9xchaos for the tip!)

>Profile options editor< (including timezones, posts-per-page, etc.) - thanks to jonsills
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    liphook2 wrote: »
    I also used the friends lists frequently, I could quickly check from my phone if necessary who was online and join them.. Really annoying not being able to check that out at all now without logging on..

If you pick up an XMPP chat client app and have a gold sub you can use that as a mobile friends list. I don't know of many and I haven't tried them out to see how reliable or snappy they are though.
  • Options
    liphook2liphook2 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Another perk to being gold eh? (I'm silver ATM)

Would be cool to get chat on mobile.. maybe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

customise: avatar or signature
    (thanks to r9xchaos for the tip!)

>Profile options editor< (including timezones, posts-per-page, etc.) - thanks to jonsills
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I've been playing with a few of them on my iPad to test some out since my last post. The best one I've seen so far is a free one called IMO.IM on iOS. It actually separates the list by their association, be it friends or Super Group mates, just like Pidgin does. It's also the most versatile I've seen so far in terms of other chat services included in one app, it's got XMPP, MSN, Google talk, aim and a few more. I still haven't figured out if it's possible to join a chat channel with any of them though.

Sadly, I don't have an android device to play with them on to try to find a good one there.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ofarmer wrote: »
    ...Sadly, I don't have an android device to play with them on to try to find a good one there.
    Find one that works for you, and i'll test it.
    I've got a "ASUS Transformer Prime" that's running the latest ver. of Android :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Then again, I also hold out hope that the Higgs boson actually exists and we can one day polarize them to modify gravity fields, so...

Higgs Boson? Isn't that what Gravitar calls her... um... anyway, yeah I miss the character list too.
  • Options
    hyan3hyan3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll sign this as well, with great enthusiasm. I can't add many more valid points that haven't been raised before in this thread so i'll settle for pointing out how someone should be racing to get back these few basic practical uses for the website to, if nothing else, stop us long time gamers from getting that sinking feeling.
  • Options
    cynlover01cynlover01 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Signed. Bring this back please.
    "Solomon Monday; Mage-for-Hire. Demons excorsised, curses lifted, lost things found; all at very reasonable rates.

Here's my card..."
  • Options
    a346zombraa346zombra Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No kidding. Why remove this great feature? Is it just me or does PWE seem to do everything **** backwards?