What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice

2»

Comments

• stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stjobe wrote: »
    This... will take a bit of getting used to.

EDIT: Oh frak me what did it do to my sig pic? Seems I have to make another one...

EDIT 2: WTF? Can't use alignment BBCode in sigs? WHY? What possible reason could there be for not allowing left/right/centre alignment?
    And why is the quoted text larger than the reply?!? What madness is this? Which has the more important information, the quoted post or the all new reply?

*sigh*

Not impressed.
    Looks like **** to me. Eat a **** PWE.
  • karika47karika47 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, I decided to take the plunge and link my account.

Several thoughts:

1. As I am typing this, I notice that the "message body" box is the wrong color (black on white instead of white on black).

2. Per the others in this thread, since STO got custom avvies back, I suspect we will as well here.

(EDIT: Found something like this in the C-Store: 2,500 XP, 5,000 Q [unrefined], 10 random rank 2–4 mods [erroneously referred to as "gems"], and 5 random C-Store consumables.)

(EDIT 2: The XP and Q are devices that are bound to account.)

3. STO is offering a reward for linking accounts. Do we get anything here?
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited July 2012
    karika47 wrote: »
    3. STO is offering a reward for linking accounts. Do we get anything here?
    Yes:
    http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=599111
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The XP and Q are an account bound item that can be put into your shared account bank.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • karika47karika47 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The STO forums had BBCode in sigs disabled after the revamp. I believe it's been fixed since.

If anyone from the NW forums knows how well this went over there a few days ago (or so I've been told), we'd like to hear from you.
  • darkdensitydarkdensity Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    not sure about the new layout
  • roundhousekittyroundhousekitty Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    not sure about the new layout

I don't like it. It's harder to read. Much. :(
    This... will take a bit of getting used to.

EDIT: Oh frak me what did it do to my sig pic? Seems I have to make another one...

EDIT 2: WTF? Can't use alignment BBCode in sigs? WHY? What possible reason could there be for not allowing left/right/centre alignment?
    From what I can see, no BBCode is allowed in sigs any more. I couldn't even put italics in the one I used, so I had to set the word in question off with asterisks.

On the other tentacle, let's see if it still wants to censor the name of my old WoD vampire superhero...

Nightwatch

Jon's post, supplemental: Hey, the censor isn't so overtuned as it used to be! :)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Would like to be able to actually edit my avatar like I can do in STO.

So much fail so far.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited July 2012
    I don't like it. It's harder to read. Much. :(

Yeah. It's actually kind of painful to even look at. The colour scheme makes the text kind of fuzzy and "floating". And there's WAY too much whitespace all over the place. Except where it's needed.

And the buttons seem to be from another website altogether, complete with white artefacts and all. Probably made for a white background.

This is amateurish.

Hire a web designer.

Edit: ******n this is making me angry. Did we lose our forums for this piece of amateurish crap?! Someone tell me they're joking. Please tell me they're joking.

Edit 2: I said G o d d a m n you lousy piece of filter software.
    honestly, they just changed it, is it really so hard to wait a bit...shees.
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know right.....
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I really hope they continue to iterate the design... this is going to take a lot of mental adjustment...

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    yougan wrote: »

It's not, but try telling that to the ones around here who get hysterical whenever any changes take place.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 2012
    yougan wrote: »
    They're a multinational corporation, not a fly-by-night basement operation.

This would be fine if it was made by a 13 year-old boy, but releasing this from a corporation like PWE is just flat out unacceptable.
    Well this just looks nasty. I don't know who half the posters are because their names have changed. We have lost functionality and gained an advert.

On the good side ..........................................................I will get back to you when I find one.

This is the forum user formerly known as Mandrake515 :frown:
    edited July 2012
    They're a multinational corporation, not a fly-by-night basement operation.

This would be fine if it was made by a 13 year-old boy, but releasing this from a corporation like PWE is just flat out unacceptable.

This multinational corporation specializes in online games, not website layout and design. Welcome to how they've been doing things for a few years now.
  • p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, this is pretty amateurish. On the bright side, Firefox + Adblock = big empty space.

:frown:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, im not much impressed.

Nothing like an unwanted or needed downgrade to rain on things.

And I REALLY miss the character pages. *shakes fist*

Dangit, too depressed to even do angry right :frown:
    edited July 2012
    This multinational corporation specializes in online games, not website layout and design. Welcome to how they've been doing things for a few years now.
    Online games and website layout and design go hand in hand. Official site, forums, you know the drill.
    At least we can use picture signatures, but how do you people have custom avatars?
    edit: nevermind, there's a topic for that already XD
    Online games and website layout and design go hand in hand. Official site, forums, you know the drill.

'tis pretty sad when an official game forum look like a pallette swap of a Hyperboards forum.
    To be honest when I first logged onto this new version I thought cat poo.

But that aside. I am more interested about the fate of the region blocked vets...well heres a surprise no news.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like this look it's good :)
    I'm so happy :D