test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sorcery pass suggestions

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't give up! We will simply revive them in the new forums! It's a shame to letthem simply die in a dark corner..
    edited June 2012
    Vincyre wrote:
    A shame this post and my extensive japan zone thread are going to die today.

Ah, well...it was fun while it lasted...

I'm going to save my suggestions from it for the repost. ;)
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to save my suggestions from it for the repost. ;)

Gonna do the same, myself.
    edited July 2012
    I know the details about changes to Arcane Clarity were removed from the first post, however, I had an idea while reading through the thread.

Arcane Clarity should be converted into an Energy Unlock, leave the effect as is but use it as an Energy Unlock. It would be a support character's Energy Unlock, rather than granting an energy over time buff when conditions are met, it grants an overall persistent cost reduction.
    edited July 2012
    Pandabutt wrote:
    I know the details about changes to Arcane Clarity were removed from the first post, however, I had an idea while reading through the thread.

Arcane Clarity should be converted into an Energy Unlock, leave the effect as is but use it as an Energy Unlock. It would be a support character's Energy Unlock, rather than granting an energy over time buff when conditions are met, it grants an overall persistent cost reduction.

Initially, I had the very same suggestion in the first post. Sorcery definitely needs it's own energy unlock, IMO.
    edited July 2012
    Vincyre wrote:
    Initially, I had the very same suggestion in the first post. Sorcery definitely needs it's own energy unlock, IMO.

How about Root Reverbration; gives you energy whenever you Root and enemy? ^^°
    edited July 2012
    How about Root Reverbration; gives you energy whenever you Root and enemy? ^^°

Personally I still like the idea of just converting Arcane Clarity in it's current form into an Energy Unlock that functions differently than the others... Though an standard energy unlock for Sorcery powers would be nice too, but Sorcery needs to have some more coherence within it's self first.

Honestly, the set is all over the place, Half the skills are designed for keeping a target within a defined area, typically close to the caster, while another half are designed to keep the enemy as far away as possible. Then you got the whole Root/Holy synergy that only exists between 3 skills then seems to be totally forgotten, nearly every Sorcery Skill is designed around the idea of the hero standing perfectly still as they are mostly circles, even the Sigils are in all honesty Circles, the most potent point in them is dead center too.

This set needs some serious review and something drastic needs to be done. No one really even uses Arcane Clarity, yes it has its uses in a very limited number of builds, but even those builds are likely to find more use from a different passive. It's best place is as an energy unlock, no changes to the skills effect needed even, it's a fair trade off to sacrifice the energy return to instead get an overall moderate cost/cooldown reduction that spreads to allies as well.
  • elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hex of Suffering. The DoT portion of this power is rather lackluster, I suggest increasing the duration and changing the damage ticks from once per second to once per half second to accommodate the cooldown, as well as granting the power the challenging strikes advantage.

Three point advantage: Debilitation. Reduces the defense, damage reduction, and dodge chance of the target while the hex persists.

For the briefest moment it looked as though this said Hex of Smurfing. lol
    I must need sleep..... :D
    `

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay, our Sorcery thread is still here.

As for Hex of Suffering...make it a T2/T1 power since for a T3 it simply sucks and make a new T3 power.