test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Vagueness in Forum Posts

rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 119 Arc User
You know something's wrong when someone has to make a discussion in suggestions about the vague nature of some of these forum posts. Logically speaking, we shouldn't have to ask questions like these that I posted recently:

1. What were these minor changes?

2. How many of the minor changes were put in place?

3. How is it related to the costume contest?

There needs to be a change because if the excuse is "well just join either the On Alert discord or the Champions Online discord in order to get more clarity", then there's a big underlying problem that likely needs to be addressed.

Lack of essential clarity in the posts that need it

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I just need to join a discord in order to actually get pertinent information. But I have a question for that:

"Why should we have to do that in the first place, can't we just get more clear information in the forum posts about updates to begin with?"

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    Is there anything useful on the Discord these days? It seems to have devolved into mostly blather and I don't see the dev posting much information there anymore.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 119 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Is there anything useful on the Discord these days? It seems to have devolved into mostly blather and I don't see the dev posting much information there anymore.

So I don't tune into the CO discords myself personally anymore because of some issues that happened behind the scenes, as well as unsubstantiated claims made back in February that inevitably forced me to step away from any of those discords (because I do not have time for pointless blather anymore). From the details I get however, there has been some form of information given, albeit there isn't as much communication then as there is now.

My whole point of my post however is regarding posts made on forums by the devs themselves, which I believe is more critical than posting information on discords which follow the same assumption as forums do with; (Not everyone is going to look at it)
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 119 Arc User
    Cryptic patch notes, cryptic game design decisions, cryptic etc. The inner machinations at Cryptic Studios is beyond mortal comprehension.

It is still an unacceptable thing when we have had much, much better patches in the past, which I will have to pester one of my friends to give me another sample of.