test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QOL Suggestions Based on Low Population

Hi there!

This game still has some fun moments left in it but I do have a couple of Quality of Life improvements that would help support the small player base.

1. Mod conversion. Levelling up a character and equipping that character the way you want can be quite frustrating when you are unable to find enhancements and armoring mods to put into your new gear. Could you please give us the option of combining 2-3 mods of similar rank to fabricate a mod of our choosing of the same rank (ie: three r7 recovery mods to make one r7 dexterity mod.)

2. Remove team size requirements for alerts. One of the biggest annoyances in this game is the amount of waiting we have to do for alerts, rampages and missions (nemcon) to get enough people to play the game.

3. Remove daily currency limits. I know this one might be a stretch but it counters the current amount of waiting that takes place for Cosmic fights to begin when certain roles are required. If characters were not limited to how much resources they can collect each day then perhaps the players who like playing certain key roles (tank, heals, crowd control) could play them as much as they wanted without being penalized with a daily currency cap.

This game has a small, but dedicated player base. None of these suggestions would be needed in the height of games popularity but the waiting in this game is the worst aspect of it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    wizx269wizx269 Posts: 15 Arc User
    A rework of the leveling system couldn't hurt either.

Going from map to map, then back where you just came from is annoying to say the least. If you could do all of Canada while you're there, then move to the dessert and do all of that. In other words level by map area.

I still get confused as to where I should be leveling if I miss the indicator quest. And I've been playing for years.

level 20-25 in one area, then 25-30 in another ect, is much more player friendly and more likely to retain new players.
  • Options
    vald1406vald1406 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I think a good way would be do something more with the nemesis system, open it up at level 1, and just give off random story arcs so your character can be fighting a never-ending battle with their rogue galleries
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    vald1406 wrote: »
    I think a good way would be do something more with the nemesis system, open it up at level 1, and just give off random story arcs so your character can be fighting a never-ending battle with their rogue galleries

Would require way too much work for our very small dev team. So, not going to happen.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    Unfortunately, in my opinion, it is some of those "dedicated players" that have forced the Devs to make things bind on pickup or 10x to complete for one character, etc. When you see the new shiny (costume, PVD, etc) land in the Auction House at 10k asking price .... THAT is what I'm talking about.

There are several players that spend lots of real money and time in this game. Thankfully, they DO keep this game afloat. However, they seem to "trade" things amongst themselves because only they can afford them.

Players who do the current version of Therakiel's Temple post the rare shiny for prices out of the range of casuals. And, with that content being the only way to get those shinies, it's understandable. Sure, "we" all can play that content, but even if you have a group that can complete this one, you aren't guaranteed a shiny.

The newest PVD, Thundering Claws, is another example. Saw them in the AH for around 10k. Or 5k. At least the content to try for them is easy enough to do. And, luck is always a factor. I recently got 2 Thundering Claws on the same morning. I used 1 and gave away the second for free. Not tooting my horn, but I know how fickle RNG can be and I like to do what I can to help the economy, as it were.

Gold Sellers are long gone from this game. I don't think we'd get an influx if certain restrictions were removed. Such as the amount of Questionite you can refine in a day, or the amount of SCR per day, etc. Let those that want to play PLAY. More things need to be purchasable by tokens you can farm by just playing the game.

Lockboxes bring in money, no question about it. One way to reduce the cost of things is make the RNG on the newly minted shiny (PVD, etc) better. Costumes and such are always welcome. But, it gets tiresome to spend some of my hard-earned keys on 10-20 boxes and come away with very little to show for it. The guaranteed lockbox items are nigh worthless any more, mostly.

I have more, but feel I'm starting to "rant". So /rant off

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"