test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 8/15/2023

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,100 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2023 in Release Notes
Cosmics
Starting Thursday, 8am, Cosmic Week will be active.
Teleiosaurus
  • Added schtick attack tells to charge abilities that did not have them.
  • Increased activation time of Bite to 1.5 sec (from 1), but Bite will now be used consecutively.
  • The hatchling will now wander off when Teleiosaurus is defeated instead of instantly vanishing.
  • If the fight resets, the scoreboard will now also reset.
  • Fixed a bug where Teleiosaurus would instantly vanish upon defeat.
  • Tail Swipe now has a charge time.
  • Fixed a bug where Teleiosaurus would use her tailswipe ability even if there were no targets behind her.
  • Updated attack visuals have also been applied to Monster Island Crisis and Teleios Tower versions of Teleiosaurus.

Qwyjibo
  • Added schtick attack tells to charge abilities that did not have them.
  • If Qwyjibo leaves his open mission area (ex: falls off the cliffside), he will now reset to his starting position.
  • If the fight resets, the scoreboard will now also reset.
  • Fixed a bug where Qwyjibo would instantly vanish upon defeat.

Gear
  • Added new Cosmic gear to the Recognition store.
  • Added new Cosmic gear as possible drops from Teleiosaurus, Qwyijibo, Eidolon and Kigatilik.

Cosmic Strike
  • Directly damaging with a ranged or melee attack will grant you 20 offense for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds. Once you hit 10 stacks, the next attack will grant a guaranteed chance to critically strike for 5 seconds, set your critical severity to 150%, and will expire once you deal direct damage.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Ambition
  • After holding block for at least 2 sec, applies Cosmic Ambition which applies the 'blocking' flag on you, and increases your Knock resistance by 100% and your damage resistance by 50%. This effect lasts up to 10 secs, or until you are directly damaged. You cannot trigger this effect again for 10 seconds. Once expired, increases your threat generation by 10% and your resistance to hold effects by 100% for 10 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Presence
  • Increases the effectiveness of heals against targets below 50% health by 10%. If they are below 10% health, the amount is increased by 100%. If the heal is a maintain, increases a single tick of that heal by 950%. This effect cannot trigger again for 10 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Cosmic Wonder
  • Reduces the cooldown time of your crowd control and pet summon powers by 1 second every time you directly damage or heal a target. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
  • +20 to all superstats.

Perks
  • Added new perks for defeating Cosmics.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Anvil of Dawn wasn't following targets.
  • Moved Mental Storm, Gas Arrow, Wall of Ice, Snow Storm, Smoke Bomb to the Crowd Control category.
  • Moved Mental Leech, Shadow of Doubt, Frag Grenade, Caltrops, Gas Pellets, Hex of Suffering, Ego Sprites to the Debuff category.
  • Moved Ball Lightning and Dust Devil to the Summon category.
  • Flagged various devices that apply Paralyze to be considered a Crowd Control power.
​​

Comments

• Options
    hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Bug
    The new Cosmic perks seem to only be taking the number of Qwyjibo defeats into account, and not counting victories over Kigatilk, Teleiosaurus, or the Eidolon of Destruction.

Edit: Or maybe it's not that simple- on one character, I have 34 Cosmics, 38 Dinos, and 34 Apes. But another has 2 Cosmic credits with 2 Dinos and 1 Ape.

2nd Edit: And I have a character with 3 points in the Cosmic perk line who hasn't even DONE any of the four cosmic bosses.

3rd Edit, probable conclusion: It seems to be counting only Ape, but my guess is that partial credit in the mission is enough for the Cosmic perk, even if it isn't for the Ape perk itself. So, if you score fewer than 100k points at Ape, you'll get a point in the Cosmic Threat perk line, but NOT the Ferocious perk line.

4th Edit, another mystery: Strangely, low-levels characters are at 3 Cosmic kills before they've finished Westside. When creating a fresh character today and starting in the tutorial, I was at 3 points in the Cosmic perk line without so much as interacting with Headmistress Rowan or stepping foot into the Qularr invasion, after the ~13 minutes of perk spam had ended. So... I don't know?
    Post edited by hallsofwalls on
  • Options
    ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 53 Arc User
    Aggro range on Qwyjibo and Dino seems to have changed as well, they walk into range now, instead of stopping.

It's... really annoying
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    undocumented changes:
    • dino/ape can no longer be parked prefight
    • dino tail swipe has strong damage & knock even when blocked
    • dino new animations can be out of sync with actual attack
  • Options
    tomqqtomqq Posts: 20 Arc User
    - Cosmic kills for Perks as said above dont really much with actual kills we have or we get on Perks count kills.

- Teleiosaurus Dps check has been moved from a big tell to his head which tends to big a small icon and usually in the fight you can miss it , it would be nice to get his own icon (brooum/booum/zooum/dapoum etc) with some unique color on it.
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 200 Arc User
    I have characters that haven't done any Kigas, Apes or Dinos (or Eidos) getting some of these perks, including ones that aren't even level 40 yet, so I'm assuming those perks are counting something else, like any entity classified as Cosmic, potentially? But I have no real idea since I wasn't paying attention to every single individual mob and boss I've killed across all those characters to say for sure.

Also, the new Teleiosaurus DPS check is missing any sort of warning, which is even worse for new players and those not paying attention; it could stand to get some VFX or at least bring the old AoE warning icon back for the sake of making it clear when a check is about to happen.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sat in on 2 instances of Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo:
    • Saw the UI tell for her regen most times, only once was it not there. I'll look into that.
    • Attack animations and damage was in sync for every attack, and no animation was ever skipped, so I would need more information in regards to that. Keep in mind that Bite's activation time was changed to better match when the damage should hit (1 sec to 1.5 sec).
    • I didn't see anything unusual about their aggro range. Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo are using their standard aggro range, which is about 75~100ft. Would need more information in regards to any oddities with that.
    • Perks list isn't tracking all the cosmics properly, it'll be fixed next week.
  • Options
    ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 53 Arc User

• I didn't see anything unusual about their aggro range. Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo are using their standard aggro range, which is about 75~100ft. Would need more information in regards to any oddities with that.

Okay, maybe my wording was off. Before, what happened was this: Tank would stand in spot A, and wait for the cosmic to make their way to them. Once in range, the cosmic would stop and wait to be engaged before targetting someone.

What's happening now is this: Tank stands in spot A, and waits for the cosmic to make their way to them. Once in range, the cosmic will target that Tank, do their updated animations, and attack - without being attacked first or engaged in any way whatsoever.

• Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 200 Arc User

Okay, maybe my wording was off. Before, what happened was this: Tank would stand in spot A, and wait for the cosmic to make their way to them. Once in range, the cosmic would stop and wait to be engaged before targetting someone.

What's happening now is this: Tank stands in spot A, and waits for the cosmic to make their way to them. Once in range, the cosmic will target that Tank, do their updated animations, and attack - without being attacked first or engaged in any way whatsoever.

Unless I'm misinterpreting, that was a "working as intended" from Kaiserin, suggesting that their new intended "charge and attack the player" radius is meant to be identical to or bigger than their "stand and stare at the player" radius, which lines up with more schmancy endgame enemies and bosses, whereas leveling-content and casual-content mooks and bosses tend to have their "stand and stare" radius sliiightly larger than their "charge and attack" radius for the most part.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,440 Arc User
    Now, we just need to give Kiga a large aggro radius and have him come charging off his altar.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Okay, that's different from aggro range. Aggro range is the distance where an enemy will initiate combat. Some enemies have a 'stare down time' where they are in combat but won't engage immediately until damaged or a specific range requirement (usually running into them) is met. It sounds like their aggro range is normal, but the stare down time is different.

Under the hood Teleiosaurus and Qwyjibo had some changes to how their default combat actions are called, and their indefinite stare down time was a casualty of that change. They will do that for about ~10 seconds now, before engaging in combat if there is a valid target.
  • Options
    francois2teamfrancois2team Posts: 3 Arc User
    • Saw the UI tell for her regen most times, only once was it not there. I'll look into that.
    • Attack animations and damage was in sync for every attack, and no animation was ever skipped, so I would need more information in regards to that. Keep in mind that Bite's activation time was changed to better match when the damage should hit (1 sec to 1.5 sec).
    • Perks list isn't tracking all the cosmics properly, it'll be fixed next week.

Seems like cosmic force is linked to the number of times the character has defeated Qwyjibo.
    Will next week fix will be the number of times you defeated cosmic since the creation of the character ? Or since the new perks has been added ?
  • Options
    francois2teamfrancois2team Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    When in vehicule, Cosmic Strike, Cosmic Ambition, Cosmic Wonder and Cosmic Presence changed from +20 to all super stats to +61 secondary superstats
    Post edited by francois2team on