test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ebon Void's self-heal now no longer working against non-human targets

thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 192 Arc User
edited July 2023 in Gameplay Bugs
Exactly what the title says: up until recently (I want to say a patch or two ago) Ebon Void's self-heal procced against all incoming damage. Recently, however, this has changed, and it appears to no longer proc its self-heal off any damage, direct or indirect, that isn't constituted as "human" in origin... or rather, anything tagged as robotic or undead. This includes the following:

All instances of Destroids, which are tagged as robots.
Cyberlord and his robots in Whiteout part 3 and FATAL ERROR part 2, which are tagged as robots.
All instances of New Shadows, excluding Shamballah Vampires (which in turn are immune to U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle's bonus damage on undead, which means they're erroneously NOT tagged as undead.)
Portal Guardians in the QWZ, both the OM boss and the miniatures which Eidolon summons, which (dunno why since the other Q-Zone horrors aren't) are tagged as undead.

The damaging portion of Ebon Void still works on these enemies, but they no longer proc the self-heal. Either I'm blind or there's no mention of this change in any patch notes in the last few weeks, so I'd assume this is a recent-ish bug? I haven't bothered testing other non-human tagged entities like Madam Mayhem's robot mooks or the "robot" selection of Nemesis minions (which are tagged as robots) or the "undead" section of Nemesis minions (of which the Ranged Henchmen are tagged as undead but all the others are not for some reason) but I'd assume it'd function/bug as expected there as well.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?
Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    I cannot repro this.​​
  • Options
    thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I cannot repro this.​​

Casually repro'd after fiddling with screen recorder and subjecting the resulting videos to a crusty, frame-eating gif converter. I'm more curious how it's physically possible not to repro this, as this is an issue on all ranks of Ebon Void, and with or without Voracious Darkness. Edit: can upload the short clips to youtube on request if the abysmal framerate and tiny size makes these unviewable. Also, quick update, the New Shadows bat clouds specifically still successfully proc Ebon Void and do NOT proc Ghost Gun's extra-damage-on-undead, which means both them and the Shamballah Vampires are not correctly tagged as undead.

GyDMaxu.gif
    Seen: working as intended against a Sovereign Son.

VOjqlrK.gif
    Seen: NOT working as intended against a New Shadow.

7xbT4Jn.gif
    Seen: NOT working as intended against several Destroids.

EDIT 2: fixed broken links.
    Post edited by thisiscraftaaa on
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    d9lo09t1b3av.gif
    Ebon void's block heal also not working for me vs destroids. Worked fine vs the fire demons nearby though.
This discussion has been closed.