test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release notes 10/27/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
Takofanes has been spotted by the Champions HQ!
  • Added Moth Cape, Moth Arm Accessory, and Moth Hands costumes to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete the Turakian Termination mission 5 times, rewards the Moth Head costume.

Vendors
  • Added Cauldron Fire Power Variant Device to the Recognition vendor. Requires defeating 50 trick-or-treat monsters to purchase.

Devices
Flaming Pumpkin
  • Lowered base damage of this device, but now gains bonus damage against Feared targets.
  • Reduced charge time to 1.33 sec (from 1.83).
  • Increased max area effect to 20ft.

Cauldron Fire
  • Flashfire Variant Device
  • Deals Magic damage to affected targets.
  • Snares targets.
  • Chance to apply Deadly Poison to targets.
  • Dealing Magic to targets standing in Cauldron Fire has a chance to apply Bane to targets.

Powers
Fireball
  • Slightly increased damage to primary target.

Flashfire/Pyre Patches
  • Fixed a bug where the damage on these effects was lower than intended.
​​

Comments

• Options
    Where's the Torso?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Last month I was thinking of the possibility of creating a Moth character, and Im really happy to see I have many choices to do so now! I'm very happy this inclusion!

Looking forward next year to see what CRYPTID we will get as costume now that we run out of classic horror movies, with the last one being the creature from the black lagoon! Loving those homages
    New Mission: Complete the Turakian Termination mission 5 times, rewards the Moth Head costume.
    8da2189668f0bb4a768858aa603911f71666820059.png

*CHEF KISS* 👌 Beautiful! An absolutely darling!
    FREAKING SUPERB, YOU FUNKY LITTLE MOTH!

I accept Mothman in my Heart!
    Powers
    Fireball

Slightly increased damage to primary target.
    As someone who really love his FIREBALL Warlock build and roots for FIREBALL in general! 🔥 THANK YOU~!! 🔥

Vendors

Added Cauldron Fire Power Variant Device to the Recognition vendor. Requires defeating 50 trick-or-treat monsters to purchase.

Cauldron Fire

Flashfire Variant Device
    Deals Magic damage to affected targets.
    Snares targets.
    Chance to apply Deadly Poison to targets.
    Dealing Magic to targets standing in Cauldron Fire has a chance to apply Bane to targets.
    Flashfire? Looking forward to experiment with it !

Just like Flaming Pumpkin & U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle its Bind on Equip, so get the Perk on character (multiple characters even) for futureproof building accessibility from characters who farm GCR
    Added Moth Cape,
    ALL MY YES! AMAZING! Cape costumes that with extremely unique designs that break the cliche default cape Deserve to be praised
    PW2IgPM.png

Can't say the same for the other costumeas that cost 300 tokens... like the Moth Shoulderpads! Really?
    Devices
    Flaming Pumpkin

Lowered base damage of this device, but now gains bonus damage against Feared targets.
    Reduced charge time to 1.33 sec (from 1.83).
    Increased max area effect to 20ft.
    Considered from my testing that Flaming Pumpkin's DPS was extremely under-performing (9k on critical... not counting the DoT) compared to my Fireball focus build (15k on critical)
    I will be happy for it to see start shining now

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Okay so all these variant devices are super cool, but here's my issue: WHY do the damage types never match with the effects in a way that makes them work without having to build your entire character around them? Why is Cauldron Fire MAGIC damage but applies POISON but its clearly intended for a MAGIC build since you need MAGIC damage to apply the Bane effect. Or Flaming Pumpkin: WHY is it TOXIC damage, but it applies Clinging Flames and Fire Patch for FIRE damage? Then there's Power Cycle which I really wish applied some kind of Radiation effect but it doesn't apply ANYTHING and only gets a damage boost if you're affected by Download? Like, these devices are REALLY cool and I want to use them but they just NEVER EVER pair well with ANYTHING, especially their Forms Toggles.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 634 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Can't say the same for the other costumes that cost 300 tokens... like the Moth Shoulderpads! Really?

To be fair, the Moth Legs and Moth Cape are both gold tier costume pieces but only priced at 300 tokens vs 400. Should take some of the sting out of the prices for the purple Moth pieces, if you think they're a bit high.

• Options
    areeeareee Posts: 846 Arc User
    Dunno if this is usual behavior. I spent the better part of a Tako fight keeping 2 heroes alive on my healer that only has the spec healing aura. Just healing them on a long fight, 2 Mini Takos attacked one of them. Ended up with less than 10k score.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Okay so all these variant devices are super cool, but here's my issue: WHY do the damage types never match with the effects in a way that makes them work without having to build your entire character around them? Why is Cauldron Fire MAGIC damage but applies POISON but its clearly intended for a MAGIC build since you need MAGIC damage to apply the Bane effect. Or Flaming Pumpkin: WHY is it TOXIC damage, but it applies Clinging Flames and Fire Patch for FIRE damage? Then there's Power Cycle which I really wish applied some kind of Radiation effect but it doesn't apply ANYTHING and only gets a damage boost if you're affected by Download? Like, these devices are REALLY cool and I want to use them but they just NEVER EVER pair well with ANYTHING, especially their Forms Toggles.

This is why I don't even try to get these replacers. Just so poorly designed and generally under-performig. Just can't bother with them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

This is why I don't even try to get these replacers. Just so poorly designed and generally under-performig. Just can't bother with them.

"Under-performing" is a strong word. I've run several tests with many different power replacers, and the only ones that leave much to be desired are the AoE ones... which, of course they do, they're AoE, not supposed to be good for single target. "Poorly designed" I can only partially concede to; I look at these devices as a way to expand on powers and build dynamics, and while they do good at just such, some of the requirements for optimization are egregious. It took ages for me to get the Pulp Ray Guns to be good damage--but rest assured, it is good damage with certain combinations.

On note of the other quote, it seems a bit narrow to point at the damage type and it's secondary effects and think you have to build entirely around it. Especially to replacers that're meant to be compliments, not primaries. Deadly Poison is a DoT that doesn't need any debuff to do well, not even bearing in mind that Cauldron itself would do wonderfully with Enchanter; which, a Magic damage build is likely to have anyway. Pumpkin works entirely within the Elemental category of damage, Fiery or Ice Form would take care of it, but working outside of that puts the blame at the foot of how reliant Fire is on... well, Fire. That's a different can of worms.

Cauldron Fire is a wonderful addition and will make several magic builds that much better. I hope this will start a trend of more power variants that're this good.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Where's the Torso?

Good question, is there a torso?
  • Options
    Torso will be released as a 400 currency piece *after* the event is over and you've spent all your event currency ;). Remember the tako throne of a few years back?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,081 Arc User
    areee wrote: »
    Dunno if this is usual behavior. I spent the better part of a Tako fight keeping 2 heroes alive on my healer that only has the spec healing aura. Just healing them on a long fight, 2 Mini Takos attacked one of them. Ended up with less than 10k score.

I spent one Tako fight running around with my healer keeping many of the Undead heroes from bottoming out. This was happening to 4 or 5 at a time while a Turakian DeathLord was out.

Did major amounts of healing to all 13 of the Undead Heroes and prevented them from turning. At the end of the fight, I was 2nd to last on the scoreboard with about 20k.

Of course, I got rewarded, but it sure seems like healing the Undead Heroes counts for little in this fight. I feel I got that score mostly because of my Passives' Aura (Hearth) doing indirect heals to players.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    warcanch wrote: »
    areee wrote: »

I spent one Tako fight running around with my healer keeping many of the Undead heroes from bottoming out. This was happening to 4 or 5 at a time while a Turakian DeathLord was out.

Did major amounts of healing to all 13 of the Undead Heroes and prevented them from turning. At the end of the fight, I was 2nd to last on the scoreboard with about 20k.

Of course, I got rewarded, but it sure seems like healing the Undead Heroes counts for little in this fight. I feel I got that score mostly because of my Passives' Aura (Hearth) doing indirect heals to players.​​

But, just think of the absurdly glorious scores the devs give you for Red Winter! As Thanos would say, everything is perfectly balanced.
    JwLmWoa.png