test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update Arcane Sorcery Visuals

Arcane Sorcery has a huge problem. It's not it's damage, as it honestly has really solid damage and can keep up with quite a few other range DPS specs. And while it's lacking the number of powers you can pick from, it's big issue comes from that it's visually really boring. While the set is mechanically does quite a bit of damage, visually it feel very limp and lackluster. Disappointingly bland even. Soul beam is probably one of the biggest offender of this. All three of it's ranks are just the same small beam made a tiny big bigger. Even the third rank is still incredibly small.

We have so many runes and circle patterns in the game that would easily make for a far more impressive display for the set than what we currently have. Magic should be flashy. More hand gestures that aren't just wave your hands in a horizontal circle with nondescript particle effect. I don't want to keep going to other powerset for my magic users to get the impact of and feel of being a mage.

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    giphy.gif

+1

We have a bunch of amazing runes and intricate patterns in game. It always confused me why they were not used as options for the Sorcery powers during the revamp.

I would also have hoped that we'd have a lot better and more rune options in the Tailor by now.
  • needsmoardakkaneedsmoardakka Posts: 11 Arc User
    Full agreement here. Sorcery is probably the most underwhelming powerset when it comes to audiovisual feedback. Stuff like Crashing Incantation lacking any punchy sound really sticks out and the lack of flair for stuff like Soul Beam or Hex of Suffering makes the set as a whole kind of a snoozefest to play. It's undoubtedly effective in content, but boring, which is the worst thing you could be in a game like this. Even if Sorcery is just given some recycled assets from various magic themed enemies throughout the game, that'd be a step in the right direction and probably not as resource intensive.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    More visuals would be appreciated, especially because of how much variety we could theoretically see for options on sorcery powers.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • dmiitridmiitri Posts: 5 Arc User
    Absolutely. The powerset has a lot of potential but we're really missing the same fun audiovisual energy as some of the other powersets have. If not outright making it all flashy from the start, at least give us the option of making it flashy, in a way like you've made for us being able to select summoned minion skins, or the "origin point" of the power [hand, chest, head etc].
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 932 Arc User
    100% agree. There's a saying when it comes to FPS games. A bad shotgun is bad, but a good shotgun that feels bad is even worse. That's was Sorcery is, a "good shotgun that feels bad".