test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20220422.25 - Cybermind

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2022 in PTS - The Archive
Cybermind
  • Added Power Cycle and Denial of Service Variant Devices as possible drops.

Powers
Download
  • Increased duration to 12 seconds.
  • Now has a minor boost to energy effectiveness.

Power Conversion
  • Fixed an issue where the penalty stacked.

Relentless Pursuit
  • Lunge range increased to 25ft.

Forms
  • Some under the hood changes were made to these powers. It has no effect on their effectiveness, but please check to make sure tooltips and stat scaling are correct.

Orbital Cannon
  • The damage on this power should no longer occasionally not trigger.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    More Variant Devices, Yes!! \o/
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    uhm. uh.
    unknown.png
    where did the mods go
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Why is Power Conversion nerfed from 5% to 10%? Barely anyone uses it.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    lunnylunny wrote: »

Yet another undocumented change. It comes off as borderline deceptive to nerf a power and call it a fix. Please properly document this change.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I cannot get into the PTS at the moment however, from previous screenshots of the Denial of Service device;

Suggestion #1: I'd recommend the following re-write to the description:

Denial of Service
    Ranged AoE Damage – Interrupt – Depleted
    [STATS]

This device has different values if you own the Force Cascade power.

Deals X,XXX Particle Damage to all targets.

Has a 100% chance to interrupt affected targets. This effect will only occur if you own the Force Cascade power.

**Applies Depleted to your primary target:**

Depleted removes -XXX energy, this amount scales with your ENDURANCE. Depleted also cancels all active energy gain effects and reduces their effectiveness by XXX% for 8 seconds, this amount scales with your RECOVERY.

**Applies [Insert debuff name] to you:**

[Insert debuff name] consumes all your energy, cancels all of your active energy gain effects and reduces their effectiveness by 200% for 8 seconds.

If you are affected by a Self Energy Gain power, this debuff will consume that effect instead and place the Self Energy Gain power on a cooldown.

If successfully used, this power goes on an 8 second cooldown.

--

Suggestion #2: The debuff that applies to player should be called "Energy Devoured" as this power should hopefully never be something that players really use and makes sense!

I only suggest this for clarity's sake when reading the power as there's plenty of interchanged language between "energy" "power" and "powers" and this can be confusing.

I think sticking to anything energy related is called "energy" and power or powers refer to the actual abilities themselves should help with this.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    lunnylunny wrote: »

Yet another undocumented change. It comes off as borderline deceptive to nerf a power and call it a fix. Please properly document this change.

Then again like 3 people in the game use Power Conversion so I suppose nobody is going to be complaining since nobody cares about the power. I'll just have to watch this power finally get fixed just to end up even worse than when it had the bug.
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    uhm. uh.
    unknown.png
    where did the mods go

okay but fr tho where are the mods, can't really test anything without them :|
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 102 Arc User
    Wheeeere are the mods on PTS..? Can this please be announced or fixed? That being said, guess Power Conversion is getting fixed and nerfed. Definitely had a significant perk to it as Power Armor build (even though they don't really need it if you build correctly). And Laser Sword for the advantage on Luminescent Slash I believe.

Please put the mods back onto PTS please
  • jschariot#3894 jschariot Posts: 23 Arc User
    Download needed that. The duration was too short.
This discussion has been closed.