test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 3/3/2022

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2022 in Release Notes
Defender's National Training Program
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running!
  • To participate, you must get a brand new character - it cannot be an existing character on your account - to level 40 within the event dates.
  • It doesn't matter how you get to level 40.
  • Upon reaching level 40, you will be given 3 event tokens on your character to spend at Stallion Williams store as well as the account title: Driven.
  • You can earn additional tokens for each character you get to 40.
  • Added Situps and Squats emotes to the event store.
  • Added Sneakers costume to the event store.

Dev Store
  • Added Ominous Fire V2 Auras to the Dev Store.

Powers
New Power: Shadow Scheme
  • Available in the Champion Recognition Store
  • Darkness Framework
  • 30 Second Recharge
  • Creates a sigil every 2 seconds at a random location within 20ft of your target's initial location until 5 have been created. They explode a second after being created.
  • Each Sigil can either Knock Back, Up, Towards or Down a target.
  • Additionally, targets can also either be Rooted, Stunned, Paralyzed, Confused or debuffed with Devoid.
​​

Comments

• Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

Powers
    New Power: Shadow Scheme
    • Available in the Champion Recognition Store
    • Darkness Framework
    • 30 Second Recharge
    • Creates a sigil every 2 seconds at a random location within 20ft of your target's initial location until 5 have been created. They explode a second after being created.
    • Each Sigil can either Knock Back, Up, Towards or Down a target.
    • Additionally, targets can also either be Rooted, Stunned, Paralyzed, Confused or debuffed with Devoid.
    ​​

Yay!!!
  • Options
    I like the new sneakers too!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    But still no FUSION WEEK!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    The new sigils can miss stationary targets. The powerhouse dummies will sometimes not be hit by the sigils.

I am specifically talking about the dummies that can't be knocked and can't move. I've seen this happen on Alert bosses too without them moving at all. I understand that supposedly with the spawn being at 20ft and the explosion at 20ft, it should hit and it should miss if the target moves out of the range, but my observations and tests have been showing the first part to not be true.
  • Options
    lunnylunny wrote: »
    The new sigils can miss stationary targets. The powerhouse dummies will sometimes not be hit by the sigils.

I am specifically talking about the dummies that can't be knocked and can't move. I've seen this happen on Alert bosses too without them moving at all. I understand that supposedly with the spawn being at 20ft and the explosion at 20ft, it should hit and it should miss if the target moves out of the range, but my observations and tests have been showing the first part to not be true.

The patch notes state the sigils will spawn within 20ft of the target's initial location but not what the explosion radius is. It could be 20 ft as well but I'm wondering if it may be smaller?
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Please add a skintight version of the swimsuit top, in the Skin>Pattern category?
    Sorta like:
    do9FeCc.png
    TY
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Alright. Very nice.

Paid my way to 40 and intends to do a second the hard way but I lack motivation.

Any chance of getting pilates yoga like that sit up emote in future?
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    ​​

If it runs for 2 weeks, shouldn't it be from 3/3-3/17? The news article shows 3/3-3/15 which implies an unusual tuesday maint.
  • Options
    h4forums wrote: »
    ​​

If it runs for 2 weeks, shouldn't it be from 3/3-3/17? The news article shows 3/3-3/15 which implies an unusual tuesday maint.

Hmm, if it really does end on 3/15 there will probably be a fair number of people who will be thinking that 2 weeks means a full 2 weeks and won't finish their leveling in time (i.e. by 3/15 since they are expecting it to go to 3?17), and then be quite angry that CO messaging messed up again. Probably the devs should do some editing in this post, in the News section and make an announcement on Discord to clarify this ASAP.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    Hmm, the official announcement from Ambassador Kael at https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11510273-defender's-national-training-program!
    still says "Create a new character after 9 AM PT on 3/3, and get that character to level 40 before 9:00 AM PT on 3/15". Since those are offically posted precise dates that have not been changed to reflect the "two weeks" posted above it seems that it's going to end on the 15th, not the 17th. There will be some howls of dismay when some people count on the 17th and are disappointed that the CO staff could not better corrdinate announcements.
    JwLmWoa.png