test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Playing both Sides OV mission progress erased.

Was this really necessary? I feel like this OV event punished me, rather than rewarded me. Almost all the value from OV grind comes from this mission, and I had progress erased on multiple toons.

I don't enjoy OV grind, but I decided to bite down and get through it on some tanks... but wow, this is really de-motivating.

Comments

• Options
    meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    The mission was changed to have an internal 20h since pickup timer instead of a global timer. Unfortunately that meant it had to be restarted on everyone.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Ok, so the reset wasn't related to the event?

I lost a ton of progress.. honestly it's bit much. Stuff like this makes my gaming experience feel like I'm the puppet of capricious gods.

Why not give people (who had the mission) credit for the mission instead of removing progress? If you wonder why people think you hate us.. well this is a good example.
  • Options
    relicthiefrelicthief Posts: 3 Arc User
    While it is a shame progress was reset, this just makes it so once you finish it you can grab it again, instead of having to wait 20h to pick up a new one.
  • Options
    deviskrahdeviskrah Posts: 8 Arc User
    Having 4/5 credit lost ,on playing both sides, on multiple characters, was frustrating, loosing it because of this change is in the realms of infuriating. If thought or care had been payed when doing this, perhaps folks that had the quest, would of been given credit for it, before it was auto dropped, but it seems to have been done on more of a whim, because apparently somebody didn't know how reset had worked for the last five plus years.
  • Options
    meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    That would depend on the game actually being able to read mission progress before resetting it, which I'm 99% sure it can't. While it's annoying to lose progress like that, I lost progress on a few characters as well, it's not as if that would happen every day. Sometimes it's just required to swallow the bitter pill for the sake of improving something.

Nevertheless, it would have been nice to get a little compensation for such a patch. That'S nothing our devs can decide on their own though.
  • Options
    I got unlucky with the timing, almost turn in time on several toons. But, that was going to happen to someone.. which the devs didn't seem to consider.

Just another example of high-handed behavior, and lack of consideration, by our dev team.

Also, anyone who looks at the OV mission system (and all the goodies locked behind it) and thinks "This just really needs some targeted timer adjustment" is an imbecile.
  • Options
    menesh wrote: »
    That would depend on the game actually being able to read mission progress before resetting it, which I'm 99% sure it can't.
    Then just complete the mission for everyone, instead of removing progress for everyone. It's a pretty simple choice between generosity and callousness.

• Options
    deviskrahdeviskrah Posts: 8 Arc User
    menesh wrote: »
    Sometimes it's just required to swallow the bitter pill for the sake of improving something.

Okay, but what was improved? Are you saying that being able to pick up playing both sides as soon as you finish it is the improvement, or am I missing some QoL upgrade this grants us?

Being able to pick up the quest again as soon as we finish it then, waiting another 20 hours after that to get progress doesn't seem like an improvement over what we had, honestly it feels like a punishment, but maybe i'm missing a vital piece of the puzzle?