test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/27/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2021 in Release Notes
Power Changes
All players have received a free respec. This respec does not stack with previous respecs.

Archery

Straight Shot
  • No longer applies the effect that increases archery damage for the next 2 hits.
  • Now has a chance of applying Root based on charge time.
  • Split the Arrow advantage: Changed to apply Armor Piercing when fully charging the power.
  • New Advantage (1): Applies Download to you.
  • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Disorient to target.

Taser Arrow
  • Moved to Crowd Control.
  • Must now be fully charged.
  • Removed energy reduction effect.
  • New Advantage (2): Creates a Static Field on the target.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Superconductor to the target.

Sonic Arrow
  • Added 10 second cooldown.
  • Increased target cap to 5.
  • Stuns targets if not fully charged.
  • Paralyzes targets if fully charged.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Deafening to your primary target. Applies to additional targets when fully charged.

Gas Arrow
  • Fixed an issue where the Noxious Fumes advantage wasn't counting the Stun as your own.
  • Noxious Fumes Advantage: Stun chance is increased if the target is Disoriented.

Torrent of Arrows
  • Now has an innate chance to Knockdown targets.
  • Removed cooldown.
  • This power was using an outdated damage/cost calculation, and its cost has gone up dramatically.
  • Relentless Recurve Advantage: changes the Knockdown to Knockback.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Armor Piercing to primary target. If other targets are affected by Disorient, applies Armor Piercing to them as well.

Storm of Arrows
  • Fixed an issue with the animation looping improperly.
  • Fixed an issue where the arrows were using the wrong texture.
  • Removed cooldown.
  • Achilles Heel Advantage: Fixed an issue where the root was not being refreshed every hit.
  • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply Disorient to targets.

Focused Shot
  • Successfully using this power reduces the charge time of the power. Stacks up to 3 times. The effect is removed when you take damage. Does not stack with other Chargespeed reduction effects.

Hunter's Instinct
  • Scaling changed from Ego to Intelligence.
  • Now restores energy over time.

Explosive Arrow
  • Now has a chance to Knock targets.
  • This power was using an outdated damage/cost calculation, and its cost has gone up dramatically.
  • New Advantage (2): Leaves behind a Pyre Patch.
  • New Advantage (1): Changes the Fire damage portion of this attack to crushing. This also applies to the Where's the Kaboom? advantage.
  • Where's the Kaboom? Advantage: Damage for this was originally fixed despite power rank and diminished with additional targets. The damage now scales with charge time and no longer diminishes with additional targets.
  • Where's the Kaboom? advantage: Increased Fire damage amount and lowered the Piercing damage amount.

Quarry
  • Removed Fair Game advantage.
  • Added passive icon.

Snap Shot
  • Moved to T0.
  • Now a combo power.
  • Damage and cost adjusted for being a T0 combo power.
  • Applies Disorient when finishing the combo.
  • Finish Him Advantage: Changed to apply bonus damage to all Archery powers when the target is at low health.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Floating Lotus Blossom to you.
  • New Advantage (2): Refreshes Armor Piercing.

Arrow Assault
  • New Advantage (1): Changes the Fire damage portion of this attack to Crushing.

New Power: Fair Game
  • Tier 2 Archery
  • Applies a heal over time when you defeat a target. Stacks up to 5 times.
  • Scales with Intelligence and Dexterity.
  • Advantage (2): Applies the Lithe buff to you when you defeat a target.

New Power: Rapid Shots
  • Tier 3 Archery
  • Maintained single target damage.
  • Chance to snare targets.
  • Advantage (2): Increases base damage of power, but you can no longer move while using.

New Power: Caltrops
  • Tier 2 Archery
  • Area damage over time
  • Places Caltrops in front of you, dealing Piercing damage and snaring enemies.
  • Advantage (2): Chance to cause targets in the Caltrops to starting Bleeding.

New Power: Desperate Shot
  • Tier 1 Archery
  • Single target damage. Increased damage when a critical hit.
  • If used while under 50% health, deals double damage and stuns.
  • 10 second cooldown.
  • Advantage (2): Applies Restoration.

New Power: Precision
  • Tier 1 Archery
  • Form
  • Grants a stack of Analyze whenever you get a critical hit with a damaging Archery ability.
  • Scales with Intelligence

New Power: Medical Arrow
  • Tier 1 Archery
  • Creates a healing rune on the target.
  • Advantage (2): Disorients target.
  • Advantage (2): Applies Illuminated to target, and Illumination to allies near the target.
  • Advantage (1): Applies Download to you.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Other Power Changes

Mental Storm
    • Reduced cooldown to 12 seconds (from 15).
    • No longer innately applies Stress.
    • Power will now stun your primary target if not fully charged.
    • Power will now Paralyze affected targets when fully charged.
    • Paralyze strength has been normalized with other Paralyze powers.
    • New Advantage (2): Now has a chance to apply Stress every hit. Stress application is guaranteed when the damage effect expires. Refreshes at the start and end of the damage effect.

Tanglecoil Launcher
    • Now must be fully charged.
    • Increased DoT damage.

Bolas
    • Removed cooldown.

Binding Shot
    • Removed cooldown.

Gas Pellets
    • Updated tooltips to include area effect range.
    • Corrected costing. Cost has gone up.

Holdout Shot
    • Increased damage/cost.

Sonic Boom Generator
    • Sonic Suppression Enhancer Advantage: Now applies Deafening instead of an unnamed debuff to your primary target.

Gattling Gun
    • Fixed a bug where this power was refreshing Armor Piercing on tap.

Debuffs
    • Many resistance debuffs lasting 12 seconds have been increased to 15 seconds.

Shredded
    • No longer applies Physical damage reduction, Slashing damage reduction increased to compensate.

Demolish
    • No longer applies Physical damage reduction, Crushing damage reduction increased to compensate.

Serpentine Fire
    • No longer applies Elemental damage reduction, Fire damage reduction increased to compensate.
    • Fixed an issue where it would flicker between 2-3 stacks.

Debilitating Poison
    • No longer applies Elemental damage reduction, Toxic damage reduction increased to compensate.

Stress
    • Reduced duration to 15 seconds (from 20) to match other resistance debuffs.

Stagger
    • Now has a maximum cap of 9 on a target (player cap is still 3).
    ​​
    Archetypes
    The Marksman
    Corrected diminishing return values.

New Power Progression:
    • 1 Strafe
    • 1 Straight Shot
    • 6 Sonic Arrow OR Desperate Shot
    • 8 Quarry
    • 11 Torrent of Arrows
    • 14 Precision
    • 17 Rapid Shots
    • 21 Parry
    • 25 Hunter's Instinct
    • 30 Storm of Arrows OR Gas Arrow
    • 35 Evasive Maneuvers OR Fair Game
    • 40 Explosive Arrow OR Focused Shot
    ​​
    edited May 2021
    Double XP
    • For the next week Witchcraft will be available to give out Double XP.

Giant Monster Week
    • For the next week this event will be active.
    • As a note, new to this event Eidolon does not require completing open missions to open up his fight.

ZEN Store
    For the next week the Mach Key Pack will be available.
    Cost: 900 ZEN
    • 10x Cosmic Keys
    • 1x Mach Wings Costume

Powerhouse Theater
    • Added winners section area.
    • New instances of Powerhouse Theaters will now trigger with fewer players.

Questionite Store
    • Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
    • For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.

Costumes
    • Increased texture resolution for Heavy Sword Broad weapon skin.
    • Added Heavy Sword Broad as a default Back costume.
    ​​
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    Just tested Heavy weapon display, worked fine on PTS, but doesn't do anything on Live
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Costumes
    • Added Heavy Sword Broad as a default Back costume.
    ​​

Female characters do not appear to have this costume available. It is there for male ones, though.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Just tested Heavy weapon display, worked fine on PTS, but doesn't do anything on Live
    Was your travel power turned off when you used the device? I'm seeing it work properly on Live.
  • ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 48 Arc User

It works fine for me. Make sure your travel powers aren't on, Display devices don't work then.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Questionite Store
    • Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
    • For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.

Literally the best part of this whole update.
    Can we get more of these? :O
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @championsrper said:
    > Questionite Store* Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
    > * For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.
    >
    >
    > Literally the best part of this whole update.
    > Can we get more of these? :O

Yes pls, this is the sort of stuff I love to see. Great for RP or just standing around looking cool. More stuff like this with weapons, or even with other stuff maybe, like holding a fireball or something.

More stuff like this please :3
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    man the trigger on that heal sucks... for current content that is, maybe it does not in lower levels <.<
    but man can that get a different or another trigger, like let's say, on kill or on crit with archery power?​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Cheers for the Archery Revamp! Even If I would like more synergies, tricks and set ups,
    I'm happy to see the so waited Archery Revamp for the powerframe to stand up it's ground after almost 1 and a half year
    Looking forward for Gadgets, Force, Earth, Celestial as well as Dual Blades and Fighting Claws to a lesser degree next
    9CSWeNf.gif
    man the trigger on that heal sucks... for current content that is, maybe it does not in lower levels <.<
    but man can that get a different or another trigger, like let's say, on kill or on crit with archery power?
    Despite everyone Feedback on PTS Thread, they seem to be adamant about changing it
    I simple never gonna use Fair Game since in Boss fights its useless, even if I spend the majority of my time Soloing QWZ Dailies Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
    Double XP
    For the next week Witchcraft will be available to give out Double XP.
    I'm not falling for this! tiger-37.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Double XP
    Defender's Training event starting in two weeks then?
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Woaw. What a surprise, I was not expecting the update this week. Double XP?! Well say no more!
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    but man can that get a different or another trigger, like let's say, on kill or on crit with archery power?​​

Absolutely useless trigger. Only helpful if you're soloing trash mobs. Useless on a team or on bosses.

What in the world makes you think this is a good idea, Kais? You KNOW the whole membership loathes "on kill" procs. Another power hardly anyone's going to take except by mistake. You might as well have not bothered.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Double XP
    Defender's Training event starting in two weeks then?

Bit early yet for that. It's during anniversary event which isn't until September. Next annual event should be the Patriot one.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Lately Defender's Training event tends to happen after a 2xXP week

Kind of surprised that the archery utility mod hasn't yet been added to the scr/gcr vendor? You'd think it would be there to go along with the revamp. Or, failing that, that it would at least be re-released in a key pack.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Well, yeah. They usually do one leading into the anniversary
  • waybig#3345 waybig Posts: 5 Arc User
    -Bug after this patch iniquity is bugged again
    > @aaronkorr said:
    > Well, yeah. They usually do one leading into the anniversary

Anniversary is over 3 months away dawg.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Where is the bleeds ( besides Caltrops) Forget arrows. when I prick a finger with a Thumb Tack I bleed. Get hit by 20 arrows. No bleeding. Are all arrow heads rubber tipped because a few Villains cried when they got hit by a flying stick?
    You don't bleed from most bullets/shrapnel, many blades or from big heavy axes either.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    You don't bleed from most bullets/shrapnel, many blades or from big heavy axes either.

Because you die.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2021
    Questionite Store
    Added Weapon Display: Heavy Weapon Shoulder item to the Questionite store.
    For the next week this item will cost 1 Questionite.
    Wait a minute! Is this actually a Tribute to BERSERK? It all makes sense now 😒

For anyone who is not aware the Creator of the most well known manga BERSERK, Kentaro Miura, passed away early this month, leaving his legacy behind

Final Fantasy 14 players paid tribute to him while standing in lines of heroic poses while in dark armours similar to the one the protagonist wears and having campfires
    https://youtu.be/E1bAbWnG5AQ
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Did the power update change anything about the two archer sidekicks?
    > @aaronkorr said:
    > Well, yeah. They usually do one leading into the anniversary

Anniversary is over 3 months away dawg.

...no, really? It's not like I just pointed that out or anything
    edited May 2021
    No no no no no you have crossed the line CO. Im not happy that the aesthetic on Storm of Arrows were changed to ordinary ol plain ol dry wooden arrows. Before I had it the hollow green like in my quiver. Please turn the power FX back to the old plamatic skin. My heart can't take this, I just can't look at it now.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/KJPiBjS.png[/img]

Also Snap Shot says combo but looks pretty static to me. Desperate Shot could look more flexible to. Rick and Morty anyone?
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    As a player when big sweeping changes are made to hit a new target we players can make inferences of what you intend the set to do but we also are looking for ways it'll be 'meta' for freedoms.

Things I like from this update:

1) Standardized Debuff Length - love standardized things. Does this also mean the slot for debuffs is standardized (also for buff removal/Debuff removal a la Celestial Cleansing)

2) Single Damage type debuffs. Forcing players to choose the Damage they want to be most used for offense is a good change that will allow for diverse resistances in enemy choice.

3) Damage standardization overall. I'll trust the parsers to double check but it seems welcome.

4) Archery feels like it belongs with the Technology Tree now. But it brings other parts of Tech into real doubt. I hope it still feels run and gun to be players even with some new stationary casts.

- -

Some missed opportunities that I hope are coming:

1) Debuff and CC gameplay is still a Zero Sum mechanic. Allowing archers so many CC powers means ultimately all other CC players are currently going to have worse overall performance as past of a team. Additionally CC is not calculated in Open Missions (For those who like first place performance).

2) INT as a stat has been pretty gutted since COs launch. It was once the "Pets Stat" but pet gameplay has Changed Drastically. I would like to see some of the newer mechanics like Charge Time and some of the older mechanics like Proximity to target for efficacy to really play in the final calculated build. I need to re-check maths but DoTs (Multi-Hit from other games) still does not calculate for all the hits but only the first.

3) Threat values to all of these things is not really included. As CCer I've "FELT" much more targeted by NPCs but there's no way for me to verify that CC powers are now receiving more Threat per second. (Which I do think would be a good change). Players overall have no UI to watch their threat during combat.

Some general questions about this first redesign framework

1) Shouldn't Caltrops be a destructible pet like other Gadget pets? Maybe same with Healing Arrow? I mean if I'm Still Carrying around a Prototype Brain bomb with no clue what it's doing there besides making Particle mine look good. Or does this change note that pets overall are being moved to more of a device/trap gameplay (pets that aren't targetable or destructible)

2) Is click activating self heals being standardized? Fair Game, BCR, and Endorphin Rush seem to get it but should we look for the other self-heal powers attached to forms and passive to change too (Looking Squarely at Medical Nanites.. aka the sentinel aura)

3) Are 100ft Range powers going to have energy updates to standardize with what Telepathy and Archery can do with their high INT values? (Increased energy costs for longer range powers)
    Suggestion:. I Love the Weapon Display! What are the chances we make these AURAs and not devices?
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I thought I woudn't like the archery revamp but I tried it out and it's kinda fun, my only issues are the combo animations (which you said you will add and I'm excited for if they are proper), Explosive arrow being basically useless, and the fact that the rotation feels like a munitions copy cat.

Something that would be fun is if the combo worked like Ranged Telekinesis, or like Reaper's Embrace where you apply effects like bleeds for a burst (with moderate damage ofc since ranged). maybe use explosive arrow for that, who knows.

I did try finish him adv with focused shot and it was fun to have another route but it's not worth the effort/time lost doing the whole thing, or not as satisfying I guess. Maybe a FX or Sound change to the focused shot when it lands on enemies could help.

Other than that it's pretty solid, desperation shot and the Medical Arrow rune heal are awesome.

Focused shot stacking up like that is amazing and the damage is nice.

Still not pleased about the physical debuffs but oh well.

Side note: The weapon display is AMAZING <3

please consider having this idle pose for other weapon types as well.

unknown.png

Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
    > @aaronkorr said:
    > ...no, really? It's not like I just pointed that out or anything

Oh whoops you're right, my bad.

Just used to people constantly think anniversary is just around the corner for some reason.

Is it bugged, or is this an otherwise undocumented "fix" to the power?
    JwLmWoa.png
    I think it's pretty obvious that the iniquity change is eventually going to be intentional, it just keeps getting "accidentally" released on Live. I imagine it will happen for real once some other adjustments come to support as a whole.
  • waybig#3345 waybig Posts: 5 Arc User

Is it bugged, or is this an otherwise undocumented "fix" to the power?

Yes it bugged nothing is stated in the PTS patch notes or else about the "iniquity" change.

• lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Uhhh... focused shot damage is super low. I don't remember if this got accidentally changed in one of the PTS patches (since to my memory, the damage was good), but right now on "perfect conditions" (not getting hit and already on 3 stacks) it's doing about same damage as/lower damage than Incinerate, Soul Beam, Rapid Shots(w/ adv), Assault Rifle, Two Gun mojo and such on.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, this shouldn't be the case. Even if the buff didn't expire on getting hit, the damage is currently too low.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
    edited May 2021
    Sidekicks seem to be set to 15 seconds cooldown bug.
    edited May 2021
    Sonic Arrow
    Moved to Crowd Control.
    Added 10 second cooldown.
    Increased target cap to 5.
    Stuns targets if not fully charged.
    Paralyzes targets if fully charged.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Deafening to your primary target. Applies to additional targets when fully charged
    Not mentioned here, but you actually gave Sonic Arrow a 2 Points Disoriented ADV, Dizzying Impact, and I'm happy :D
    Now I can combo it with Torrent of Arrows and give it more uses and interesting combinations! NICE​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There seems to be a new bug: the Shattering Strikes advantage on Burning Chi Fist doesn't recognize the new version of the Demolish debuff and thus doesn't increase damage.
    For anyone who is interested
    Here is the Facebook video Archieve for the Q&A steam for everyone who would like to watch
    Here is the Twitch VOD as well but they don't last long before getting deleted
    Honestly, Having Gadgeteering being the LAST to be revamped is completely understandable!
    It's not only massive as you said, It's also all over the place I may add​​
    Kael is the writer, but still doesn't know much about the lore/game because the company don't give him time to play the game.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • jackieboy#3897 jackieboy Posts: 46 Arc User
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Kael is the writer, but still doesn't know much about the lore/game because the company don't give him time to play the game.
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
    Terrible excuse to not know the game.
    I love seeing so many archers! Thanks devs!

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I'm sorry for the necro. But just wanted to say OMG thank you for archery. I've been playing it all weekend since I came back. Great job Kaizerin!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User

Sonic Arrow
    • Added 10 second cooldown.
    • Increased target cap to 5.
    • Stuns targets if not fully charged.
    • Paralyzes targets if fully charged.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Deafening to your primary target. Applies to additional targets when fully charged.

Well, this kills a few of my builds. Once again, fixing something that isn't broken. I'm all for new powers in existing powersets, but this wasn't exactly an OP ability, it was mainly single target with a small AOE if something happened to be close. It was the perfect power for a character that just needed one ranged ability that was more of a "techno archer" than an archer; but once again, I'm losing something for no real reason other than the devs don't understand the value of an existing power. Well it is your game, I just hope you never succeed in "fixing" my desire to play.