test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release notes 4/1/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2021 in Release Notes
Foxbatcon
For the next 2 weeks Foxbatcon is in town!
Also Millennium City is underwater today. And there's a giant shark.
  • Added Shovel 2 and Toy Sword costumes to the event store.
  • Added F.R.E.N. H.A.M.M.E.R. device to the event store.
  • New Mission: Complete the Save the Swag! mission 5 times. Grants the Golf Club costume.

Powers
  • All players have been given a free respec. These do not stack with previously granted free respecs.
  • Reverted a change made to Iniquity.
  • Fixed an issue with numerous travel powers gaining too much speed when fully charged.
  • Fixed an issue where Indestructible's damage reduction wasn't scaling with rank.

Known issue: There is an issue where some costume items cannot be purchased in a store after purchasing something from the store. We are looking into a permanent fix but for now relogging/switching zones will fix it. ​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Thanks, I hate it! Megalodon is cool tho

All the Super Speed and Acrobatic powers are dragging underwater thanks to the Swimming Buff
    [Power Skating] + Swimming BUFF = Makes the Travel power's speed abyssmal
    Seems like out of nowhere while swimming, tt keeps forcing the character being in a Combat State, forcing the combat speed to get cut

In Lemuria the Travel's speed is normal (and the animation is spazzy)

In the Under the Sea costume content, the Swimming made the Power Skating users sinked on the bottom of the floor as well!

Thanks god this is 1 day only
    Fixed an issue with numerous travel powers gaining too much speed when fully charged.
    BOOOO! Justice for Rank 3 Flight! It was Perfect as it was! You should have kept it:angry:
    This was the only good thing that ever happened to Flight the past years, and No i don't count the Swift Wings utility mod as "good"​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I think we all pretty much knew flight was going to be fixed. As much as flight really could use a buff for endgame content, I don't really see it happening. Athletics and speed will continue to be meta.

This reminds me of the time maaaaany years back that some freaky bug allowed people to use 2 travel powers at once, giving you combinations like superspeed/jump, athletics and swinging, or superspeed and flight (fast flight). It was fun and made for some really fun combinations for a day before it was inevitably patched.

I know systems and mechanics might make things volatile when these bugs happen, but it would be cool to see travel powers get an honest revamp. The community clearly shares that interest.

Just my thoughts at least. :)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Heh! Wouldn't it be great if tunneling was a useful TP ;) ?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Heh! Wouldn't it be great if tunneling was a useful TP ;) ?

It's useful if you don't have stealth and you want to breeze through leveling content without being seen lol. Just doesn't have a use in endgame and harder content.
    > @panthrax77 said:
    > > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > > Heh! Wouldn't it be great if tunneling was a useful TP ;) ?
    >
    > It's useful if you don't have stealth and you want to breeze through leveling content without being seen lol. Just doesn't have a use in endgame and harder content.

That said, if it was just a tiny bit more responsive and a tiny bit faster, it could work a lot better in combat.
    Eh, if you have a fast running power you can ran past most mobs in leveling content. Curbs in MC can block you if you try to use tunneling.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I love the underwater Ren Center!! It totally caught me by surprise this morning! And, I finally got to fight Megalodon!! B)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Eh, if you have a fast running power you can ran past most mobs in leveling content. Curbs in MC can block you if you try to use tunneling.

You can, uh, jump... while tunneling.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    You guys might need to reset Club Caprice sometime tomorrow, someone has April Fooled it up
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    This reminds me of the time maaaaany years back that some freaky bug allowed people to use 2 travel powers at once, giving you combinations like superspeed/jump, athletics and swinging, or superspeed and flight (fast flight). It was fun and made for some really fun combinations for a day before it was inevitably patched.

This was probably the most fun I ever had just traveling around.

Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    Bug: underwater causes you to constantly be in combat mode, stopping activation of certain devices (including plot critical ones, like purple disguise).

Disappointment: perk for killing Megalodon isn't 'Jumped the Shark'
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Foxbat Photo mission from Defender is NOT giving the 11 Foxbat Cred it is supposed to award.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »
    The Foxbat Photo mission from Defender is NOT giving the 11 Foxbat Cred it is supposed to award.
    Or if it is it's giving an older currency that we can no longer access.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    [Omit]
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    n8mcd wrote: »
    Or if it is it's giving an older currency that we can no longer access.

There is no currency reward message when completing the mission.

• heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Any way to establish opt-in text alerts for 1-day content? I would have loved to see the underwater city and Megaladon. I logged in on the 2nd, saw the patch notes and was like, "Noooo!"
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Any way to establish opt-in text alerts for 1-day content? I would have loved to see the underwater city and Megaladon. I logged in on the 2nd, saw the patch notes and was like, "Noooo!"

I agree, it was great on top, maybe at least as alert for the Megalodon? Or Darkbat giving you the option to switch to that instance? Anything would be nice. Maybe even let it randomly occur every 2 days or so while event lasts? I mean the event is one of the shorter once already with two weeks, and April Fools sure is over but for a video game wise logic and event it should stay longer simply.
    They've done one day Foxbat things before. Probably most vets expect such shenanigan's now. But I agree, it would be user friendly for the devs to let people know in some way before hand that something "interesting" is like to happen on 4/1.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I love the underwater Ren Center!! It totally caught me by surprise this morning! And, I finally got to fight Megalodon!! B)
    yes, fishie needs a forever home! Maybe the deep ocean near that f-ing enormous skeleton. Seriously the skull on that thing is bigger than Megalodon! O-o'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    April 1 events have occurred every year for multiple years (don't remember exactly when they started), gradually getting more elaborate. There aren't really any other dates that have major one-day events (we get fireworks a few days a year).
    Is there a reason I need to repeatedly accept the terms of service every time i log in since the last patch? Especially when they haven't even changed recently? It's a little annoying, and there doesn't seem to be any notice of that change or reason given for it anywhere.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Is there a reason I need to repeatedly accept the terms of service every time i log in since the last patch? Especially when they haven't even changed recently? It's a little annoying, and there doesn't seem to be any notice of that change or reason given for it anywhere.
    Something about your cookie settings? Running a script blocker or some such? I'm not seeing it so it's probably specific to your setup.
    Something about your cookie settings? Running a script blocker or some such? I'm not seeing it so it's probably specific to your setup.

My setup didn't change in the last week. Huh, weird.