What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is TT fun?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    That is Very irrelevant, Soo TA is immune to human error you saying?
    TA lets you pick who's in your team. Cosmics don't.
  • Options
    mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    That is Very irrelevant, Soo TA is immune to human error you saying?
    TA lets you pick who's in your team. Cosmics don't.

would that take time if the person you want isn't available? or you would have to cancel?
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    It's not our fault that you're a CEDD that can't play.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    nbkxs wrote: »
    It's not our fault that you're a CEDD that can't play.

I played more than anyone that on this discussion really... unless someone got over 10k of gaming hours then me.

And, Oh no not it y'all faults AT ALL unless you Forcing the devs or you guys are the developer's yourselves, then I would have to Highly disagree, I'm just here to say hope it worth it, for whatever it cost, and input my 10cents since I Failed to do that along time ago... ^^

*Typo*
  • Options
    subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    I came back to CO recently from a few months off. I haven’t had a desire to run TT because it feels very unrewarding. I ended up going on a run this week and once again left with only SCR/GCR after about an hour long run. After close to 50 runs now I’ve only gotten the base rewards and 1 aura drop.

Meanwhile I’ve gotten 2 endgame secondary drops and the same amount of recog from TA runs in the last 2 weeks. These runs take about 1/3 the amount of time as TT and are generally equally if not more rewarding.

I found TT new and exciting at first. Now the excitement factor is gone and the rewards do not justify the time.

TL;DR Fun but not fun for long.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yeah the drop-rate is really terrible now. Not sure how many runs I'm at now... but not a small number. And have also only gotten a single aura so far. Feels bad man.
  • Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I've heard a lot of feedback like that earlier in the thread, from folks who have excellent high gear builds and do very well at cosmics and TA. I don't think anyone has an issue with the bosses themselves, but the cost/benefit is off. As a result, it just doesn't get run by a pretty big swathe of otherwise endgame-focused players.

The consensus from what I can tell comes down to the following:

- Make it shorter
    - Dial back the mobs to make more build and team combos viable, right now it's requiring both skill and very specific builds.
    - Increase the rewards

The alert and rampage versions were very fun, which I think speaks to the fact that the basic idea and design behind each fight is good but in its final tuned up lair form it's not worth the time and effort to run given the rewards, in other words not fun. It doesn't seem like it would take a lot of adjusting to shift this back into more people's fun zone.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    The biggest issue is the mobs. There're too many to OT, and if you don't have mega nuke power coming from all involved the SECOND they spawn, it's over. Testing and trying many things yielded rather poor results. Devices make a huge difference too. You need to be loaded up on the right devices to lessen the effect of an error.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    The biggest issue is the mobs. There're too many to OT, and if you don't have mega nuke power coming from all involved the SECOND they spawn, it's over.
    I haven't run TT in a while, but certainly recall the add spawn rate being nuts. Having a role for AoE other than sweeping up trash is a nice change, but the way it works is on the extreme side.
  • Options
    The biggest issue is the mobs. There're too many to OT, and if you don't have mega nuke power coming from all involved the SECOND they spawn, it's over.
    I haven't run TT in a while, but certainly recall the add spawn rate being nuts. Having a role for AoE other than sweeping up trash is a nice change, but the way it works is on the extreme side.

AoEs in this game doesn't really do good, Atleast damage wise, put it like this
    AOE's = less damage than a Single Attack on a single target,
    Single Attacks = Dino Checking being EZPZ

if the lair wasn't so much caring about you MUST Have an AOE because This one boss likes to give you Adds like it going out of style then that would be a Wonderful thing also, And the irony and humorous fact are TA is more idea for single attacks unless you an OT, since you know because of Crossfire, But Still, this Lair needs a None-Epic version of this lair, I'm going to be LMAO if this isn't resolved by or before April the 1st. XD

yeah, The INCOMPETENCE hasn't ceased to amuse me yet.
  • Options
    The point of AoE damage is that the damage per target is less but the total damage is more, but the damage penalty for AoE is actually fairly small, it's certainly possible to pass a dino check with them.
    if the lair wasn't so much caring about you MUST Have an AOE because This one boss likes to give you Adds like it going out of style then that would be a Wonderful thing also
    One boss? Hah. The only boss where the adds aren't extremely dangerous is Therakiel, though the style of dangerous is different for different bosses.
  • Options
    The point of AoE damage is that the damage per target is less but the total damage is more, but the damage penalty for AoE is actually fairly small, it's certainly possible to pass a dino check with them.
    if the lair wasn't so much caring about you MUST Have an AOE because This one boss likes to give you Adds like it going out of style then that would be a Wonderful thing also
    One boss? Hah. The only boss where the adds aren't extremely dangerous is Therakiel, though the style of dangerous is different for different bosses.

Point and Case, This lair is asking for a lot for just One Piece of content,
    1. A team of people who knows what they are doing.
    2. A Typical Teielos Ascendant Team [TA gets done more times than TT].
    3. got to be aware of what's going on at all time NPC wise.
    4. A lot of Useful Area of Effects.
    5. Must fight a million HP bosses that will do silly things.
    these are the same people you fight as a boss in alerts that now have this btw... [*SMH*]

TLDR: Cosmics is easy to get into then TA, and TA is Easy to Get done then TT, So why would this lair be Relevant when it rarely even being played as of now?

And Area of Effects damage penalty isn't Fairly Small it Just Small, but that small makes a massive difference on how many you can cover on DPS checks that also make a difference on how much time you would be spending doing Cosmics in general, really any content in General.

this game is more favorable for single attacks than anything else.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    The only issue I see with making GCR available to farm solo ez mode, is that it would probably make it harder to find teams to do lairs, get people organized for cosmics, etc.

Might still work if the solo method took alot longer, and therefore much less efficent. I'd like to see it, but I think there is a balance point there somewhere which should be respected.

They can just limit the rewards for the solo to once a week.
  • Options
    subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    I started taking my healer into TT last week and I’ve actually been having... fun again with it!

The loot is still horrendous tho. It leads to disappointment, general unhappiness and all things not good like getting told a hat you really like makes your head look fat