test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/25/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2020 in Release Notes
Lockbox
  • For the next week the Collector's Lockbox will be running!
  • Added the contents of the Secret Identity lockbox to the Collector's Store.

Therakiel's Lair
Baron Cimetiere
  • Fixed an issue where his mobs did not always despawn when reset.

Dogz
  • Added a distinct fx for Grenades.

Devices
  • Fixed a bug where Call up Dogz Gang War device did not get pet defense boosts.
​​

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The red marker on krieg is a true life saver, it's much more manageable now.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    The warning circle for grenade throws is nice, but you can't actually block the knock. Even if you're blocking before the circle appears, you still get knocked around like a rag doll.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    It's funny how 600% Knock Resist(+135% Knock Resist from Unstoppable) still causes you to get knocked like a ragged doll even when you try to be cautious. Unchained helps(kind of) tho. Cryptic math ftw!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Apes meteors are blockable, you just gotta block them in time. They belong to the family of "Ignore the chargeup, block at activation or facetank" powers, similar to dinos stun.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    That's because you have 3 types of knocks. Knocks that check for block, knocks that don't check for block, and knocks that ignore knock resistance.

The first one is the vast majority of knocks. If you are blocking, you are safe.
    The second one are powers like Force/Shadow Eruption and the grenades, that only check for your knock resistance. Block at r3 gives you +100% Knock Resistance, which is not much considering you can go up to +300% knock resistance from Str.
    3rd knock ignore knock resistance but check for block and there's only one instance of such knock that I know of, Ape's meteors.​​

AFAIK, str increases knock resistance continuously, to much more than +300%. (Not sure how you test if the display is accurate, since you still get knocked around like a rag doll no matter how much resistance you have, but i've got one character which claims ~+850% knock resistance from strength).

The existence of the 2nd type of knocks is stupid when knock resistance barely does anything. Either block should work against all knocks, or some level of knock resistance should make you immune to a given knock. (I recommend scaling with knock strength, so maybe 'Resistance = knock strength +200%' is immunity to that knock. Replace 200% with whatever is reasonable).

All mechanics should have counterplay. Especially when it's a mechanic spammed by bog-standard villains.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I like the new grenade tell. Even if you can't always block it, it's nice that (as a tank) I know when to move away from my teammates to avoid catastrophe, especially in Warlord alerts. A very welcome QoL change. ^^
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Many of the knocks people think of as ignoring knock resistance don't actually ignore resistance -- the problem is that they're on mob groups that spam them continually, and you only build resistance stacks (eventually leading to immunity) on a successful knock.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It's funny how 600% Knock Resist(+135% Knock Resist from Unstoppable) still causes you to get knocked like a ragged doll even when you try to be cautious. Unchained helps(kind of) tho. Cryptic math ftw!
    Some knocks have a stupidly high scale. For example Gravitar can knock you so hard you bounce off the containment bubble if you don't block it and somehow survive. It has a drastically reduced knock distance if you block.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters