test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do pets work statwise.

torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
I have no idea what, if anything beyond level, determines the damage, health, and resistances of a pet and would like to know, please tell me if you can.

Comments

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Based on what I've heard,
    Presence scale with Pet's dmg and hp(?) and their crit chance/sev scale with your toon's.

Commander spec tree has some stuff to boost your pets.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Based on what I've heard,
    Presence scale with Pet's dmg and hp(?) and their crit chance/sev scale with your toon's.

Commander spec tree has some stuff to boost your pets.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Back in the day, pet health scaled with Presence and damage scaled with Intelligence. As far as I know, the only pet power to still use this is March of the Dead.

Nowadays, health and damage both scale with your superstats. If you summon a pet, take off some superstat gear, and wait a couple seconds...you'll see the pet's max health adjust lower.

Chaos is correct that they do inherit crit chance/severity, at what seems to be half the owner's value.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Find one of Flow's posts. Iirc he has a link to a discussion of how pets function.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, you can find some more info in the Petco link in my sig, but the others have the gist of it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks for the excellent information and advice, y'all. Really appreciate it.