test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to built an effective Vampire Theme Built that works?

ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Power Discussion
Hi, I need help from fellow vet players.
I been spending hours to built a good Vampire Theme to mimic the "Become Vampire Device" and the NPC New Shadows and be effective when doing average to Cosmic Content... but have fail on every turn. Its hard to work with Dimensional/Bestial/Infernal/Mental Powers and make them sync and work effectively...IMO. I know there are no existing powers that change your Form and full power like a device does...but I wish to try.
I'm so hoping we get an Arc Built with new/revise powers set theme after Vampires... (fingers cross)

I cant seem figure the right talents, stats, power/passive to sync, what role, etc... Well you get the idea.

Please Help and Thank you in advance.

NOTE: I'm a free Form...and I'm missing all the gold currency powers since I been having a hard time to get groups for QWZ and to do Cosmic as the Cosmic chat rooms I was invited seem to be dead for now...
Also I'm missing all devises usually use (as I been told in-game) for some Builts... but would love to know if some would work or improve performance?

Best Answer

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Well, here's a Hybrid build that focuses mostly on ranged, but still has some melee attacks that you can use, if you want. I tried to throw in most of the device's powers in there too (using a wiki as a reference- hopefully it's still accurate). It should work fine in most content, but if you wanted to focus more on dps for the high-end then you could switch it to a more formalized ranged dps build w/ a dps passive and the ranged dps role (or use a dual passive setup and swap between roles and passives):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Hybrid)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Infernal Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Aspect of the Infernal
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mephitic
    Level 14: Condemn (Rank 2, Corrupting Force)
    Level 17: Frenzy (Rank 2, Poison Tipped Claws)
    Level 20: Defile (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 29: Bite (Furor Venenum, Rabies)
    Level 32: Ebon Void (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Bat Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Mach Speed

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Alternates between IBlast and Defile for single-target dps, and you can also throw in Condemn for its debuff adv. Condemn will also be your main ranged AoE attack here. For melee, you have a basic lunge in Void Shift, a combo/cleave in Frenzy, and a various utility attack (CC, debuffs, self-heal) in Bite. Life Essence can be used for extra healing, if needed. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End/Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!

Answers

What sort of powers, beyond maybe Bite or Thrash, do you want to use the most? There's far too many diff attacks from all the diff sets you listed to fit into one build. Also, do you want to be more focused on melee or ranged?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    flowcyto wrote: »
    What sort of powers, beyond maybe Bite or Thrash, do you want to use the most? There's far too many diff attacks from all the diff sets you listed to fit into one build. Also, do you want to be more focused on melee or ranged?

Oh thank you for answering! ^_^
    I guess I want to mimic the Become Vampire Device to work on a Free Form Hero built (I think that's mostly Infernal/Bestial), yet I cant seem to get it right to work and be effective in content...

But I guess if I had to focus it be range, if I can't do both. I really wish to do both... Sigh*

(This device is such a tease for me who love Vamp Dark heroes, I just love how you can switch from melee to range... but I can't mimic this with a Free Form Built and be effective in actual PvE)
    Post edited by ngeluz on
    edited May 2020
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, here's a Hybrid build that focuses mostly on ranged, but still has some melee attacks that you can use, if you want. I tried to throw in most of the device's powers in there too (using a wiki as a reference- hopefully it's still accurate). It should work fine in most content, but if you wanted to focus more on dps for the high-end then you could switch it to a more formalized ranged dps build w/ a dps passive and the ranged dps role (or use a dual passive setup and swap between roles and passives):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Hybrid)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Infernal Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Aspect of the Infernal
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mephitic
    Level 14: Condemn (Rank 2, Corrupting Force)
    Level 17: Frenzy (Rank 2, Poison Tipped Claws)
    Level 20: Defile (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Void Shift (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 29: Bite (Furor Venenum, Rabies)
    Level 32: Ebon Void (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Bat Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Mach Speed

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
    Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Alternates between IBlast and Defile for single-target dps, and you can also throw in Condemn for its debuff adv. Condemn will also be your main ranged AoE attack here. For melee, you have a basic lunge in Void Shift, a combo/cleave in Frenzy, and a various utility attack (CC, debuffs, self-heal) in Bite. Life Essence can be used for extra healing, if needed. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and End/Rec.

Thank you so much I will be sure to try it out! Thank you thank you thank you!!

PS: Devs should use your built as a basis if they ever decide to make it an Hybrid Arch Type Vamp built! You should make a suggestion for a Vamp built powers in the Forums suggestion area! ^^
    Been playing ESO with my Necromancer Vampire and with the new hype for their Vampire Skill powers and passive I felt like I wanted to make one here in Champions do the Dark Hero stuff! haha
    Post edited by ngeluz on
    OH btw, do you have any suggestion on the Powers or Devices lock behind the gold/silver medal currency or the drifter stuff would any of them improve the built... not that I'm going get any of them anytime soon, being such a casual player but I guess I just want to know, by your experience?
    edited May 2020
    ngeluz wrote: »
    PS: Devs should use your built as a basis if they ever decide to make it an Hybrid Arch Type Vamp built! You should make a suggestion for a Vamp built powers in the Forums suggestion area! ^^
    Been playing ESO with my Necromancer Vampire and with the new hype for their Vampire Skill powers and passive I felt like I wanted to make one here in Champions do the Dark Hero stuff! haha
    Well, the devs already have their own plans for new stuff, and that prob wouldn't involve using any player builds. Thanks for the thought, though 8)
    OH btw, do you have any suggestion on the Powers or Devices lock behind the gold/silver medal currency or the drifter stuff would any of them improve the built... not that I'm going get any of them anytime soon, being such a casual player but I guess I just want to know, by your experience?
    I'm not well-versed on the newer devices, but you don't really need any of the locked powers here. The build is already pretty loaded up on attacks, since it uses a melee set and a ranged set in one. It should be pretty self-sufficient as is.