test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Jedi Build

Alright, i'm looking for a mix of Force and LS. I know that knockback doesn't work very well with melee. I was gonna try electricity, but jedi's don't really use it. Plus force has powers that can push and pull its enemies. any other ideas?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I'll prob not give you any knock backs, for the sake of practicality, but here's a mix of LS and some Force (or Force-like) stuff:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.42:34

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Lightspeed Strike (Particle Acceleration, Legacy Code)
    Level 6: Lightwave Slash (Rank 2, Light Mend)
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Pulverizer
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Telekinetic Wave (Mental Instability, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Force Snap (Entropic Collapse, Recharge)
    Level 32: Laser Deflection (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (2/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be used for w/e ya want.

TK Wave can pull groups of enemies into you, while Force Snap can pull in one target and give you another self-heal option. The main single-target rotation is to alternate between Lightspeed Strike and charged Lumi Slash, while Lightwave Slash can be your main pbAoE attack. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Force Geyser is a nice Jedi one too, although very low damage
    edited December 2019
    Force Geyser would give you long-range CC and NttG option, though the knock is not going to be as strong for a melee unit w/o Ego (or succeed in knocking as often). One could get it if they really wanted, though Force Snap and TK Wave already give a some decent extra extra utility options.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I'll prob not give you any knock backs, for the sake of practicality, but here's a mix of LS and some Force (or Force-like) stuff:

Hello I hope you don't mind my comment but after brief testing this build in PTS, it's LEGIT more fun and energy friendly than Vanilla LS build
    I love that Laser Sword becomes instantly more fun to me with builds that don't use Particle Accelator toggle neither Unified Theory EU. Really good use of Pulverizer with the Knocks available from LS and the other powers

That be said, what the hell? I'm actually enjoying Laser Sword? Really good :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    avianos wrote: »

Hello I hope you don't mind my comment but after brief testing this build in PTS, it's LEGIT more fun and energy friendly than Vanilla LS build
    I love that Laser Sword becomes instantly more fun to me with builds that don't use Particle Accelator toggle neither Unified Theory EU. Really good use of Pulverizer with the Knocks available from LS and the other powers

That be said, what the hell? I'm actually enjoying Laser Sword? Really good :grimace:​​
    Glad you like it! Ofc, it's partly because the devs gave enough of the base LS powers the ability to knock (innately for via adv) that you can build around it in even more ways. It is fun, even if it's not the best route for LS dps. In fact, you could go all-in on the knock-based stuff and use Enrage + Str, though I figure for the concept that a Dex-based setup is more fitting.
    edited December 2019
    Glad you like it! Ofc, it's partly because the devs gave enough of the base LS powers the ability to knock (innately for via adv) that you can build around it in even more ways. It is fun, even if it's not the best route for LS dps. In fact, you could go all-in on the knock-based stuff and use Enrage + Str, though I figure for the concept that a Dex-based setup is more fitting.
    I'm really interested because im looking for alternative LS builds since I really don't enjoy the Vanilla LS Setting, the powerframe is lacking powers and synergies

This STR+Knock combo will be very useful for my LS Tank build, which I messed up building and abandomed TBH

Conjuring + Particle Accelerator (Particle Wave applying Illumination on ADV) is also a really good energy efficient Combo while I was trying to masqurant Laser Sword in a Magic-Swordman way (Either INT primary or DEX primary with everything on INT and CON)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Yea, using Particle Wave's Illum adv to proc Conjuring is also a nice combo for Int-based setups. It's a good pick there for a Sorc-swordsman.
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    I use nuclear shockwave instead of particle smash. It also does more damage and overall better for mobs as well.
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    I also use dark transfusion over power conversion the minor loss in health fuels my imbue
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I've been playing with this concept on my ranged TK build. I will get good use out of DT, no matter what it takes! :)
    yannbios wrote: »
    I also use dark transfusion over power conversion the minor loss in health fuels my imbue

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    EWWWWWWWWW Dark Transfusion​​
    yannbios wrote: »
    I use nuclear shockwave instead of particle smash. It also does more damage and overall better for mobs as well.
    Sure, Nuclear SW has some pretty nice cross-set synergy w/ LS- assuming you have it unlocked, ofc. Wish its cd wasn't as long, though.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    EWWWWWWWWW Dark Transfusion​​

And I'm using Circle of Ebon Wrath as well, just to live on the edge.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!