What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Deleted Guide]

2»

Comments

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Gotta love Cryptic for bringing out the worst in their players.
    TOP QUALITY MOTIVATION!!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    > @chaosdrgnz43 said:
    > Gotta love Cryptic for bringing out the worst in their players.
    > TOP QUALITY MOTIVATION!!

Couldn't do worse.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I’m sure you would if you could
  • Options
    > @ealford1985 said:
    > I’m sure you would if you could

The last person to do this had proven results. Aren't you glad you can switch your character roster back to the static one?

I have to say the reaction to this is inconsistent with the other situation.

The cvars used are problematic anyway.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Yours certainly is, you were pretty vocal in your criticism of the other player who pulled their guides in that "other situation".

cUGoHOr.png

eomcQhc.png

/hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

Yours certainly is, you were pretty vocal in your criticism of the other player who pulled their guides in that "other situation".

cUGoHOr.png

eomcQhc.png

/hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/
    That's a little bit creepy of you. Anyways, I had one opinion back then, but now that I see how effective his strategy was, how can I not do something like that?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It's not creepy, it's simply from the CO Discord and was an open, public channel chat, still there for all to see. Nice deflection though.

So you admit you were wrong, that's good.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    It's not creepy, it's simply from the CO Discord and was an open, public channel chat, still there for all to see. Nice deflection though.

So you admit you were wrong, that's good.
    Oh, that 100% was my opinion back then and I really meant it back then. I still think my reaction was the right one at the time and wouldn't change it if I could have a do-over. But results are results. That's why I'm doing this.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Which takes us full circle with your "inconsistent reaction" comment.

I support you taking down your guide if you want to, as I supported the other player who took down theirs, and I hope you get XMPP Chat back. Best not to claim others are reacting inconsistently if that's exactly what you are doing though.

Good luck.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Which takes us full circle with your "inconsistent reaction" comment.

I support you taking down your guide if you want to and I hope you get XMPP Chat back. Best not to claim others are reacting inconsistently if that's exactly what you are doing though.

Good luck.

It is inconsistent because rather than focusing on wanting XMPP back, you took the focus away by making this an opportunity to air out something that rubbed you the wrong way several months ago. That's not helpful at all. You're never going to get XMPP back if all you want is to score some kind of moral victory in your eyes. The well wishes are fine, but airing out correspondences from an outside server that has different conduct rules from PWE forums isn't the way to go.
    I am on the community's side and this is just making things more difficult.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am on the community's side

Tell that to Brou...

cUGoHOr.png

jZR4tEd.png

Full circle again.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am on the community's side

Tell that to Brou...

cUGoHOr.png

jZR4tEd.png

Full circle again.

This is going to backfire. You've chosen a poor place to try and make a point.

Post edited by itsbrou#5396 on
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    In regards to XMPP, it hit pretty hard on the STO forum to a point where they close that thread down.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    How does what you did help the community?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    The last person to do this had proven results.

Oof. Gross misunderstanding of events. They didn't add that option because of a player protest that started after they had already said they were looking into adding that option Brou. Sometimes things just take time, and not every event that happens inbetween the start and end time of an event was a contributor to that event's outcome.

Like Zenith said, it's your guide and you can do whatever you want with it. Fill it with pics of big buff furries if you like. Like them, I also hope you somehow get XMPP back with this... I just really think you won't... because the other guy didn't get anything with theirs either. Coincidence is a thing.

The fact that this guide has already been unstickied makes me think this is pretty much over.

Personally I say don't put your guide back up, screw people who want whatever was in it, it's your information and if you're unhappy this can be your act of rebellion against unfair things. When it rains on picnic day, nobody can blame you for staying home and eating the whole basket yourself.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Personally I say don't put your guide back up, screw people who want whatever was in it, it's your information and if you're unhappy this can be your act of rebellion against unfair things. When it rains on picnic day, nobody can blame you for staying home and eating the whole basket yourself.
    We can re-create part of the guide by datamining the first page. Brou can only delete the contents of his own posts. :p
    jennymachx wrote: »
    It cannot, because this command will start glitching and open only some windows while closing others.

You can hold esc to close the windows, or bind esc with this:

/bind ESC "genremovewindow Inventory_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$cleartargetorbringupmenu"

I'm assuming that this bind will not only close all open bag windows, but also bring up the main menu after. If so, you rock major.
    gaslocke wrote: »
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Does the same command also close all open inventory windows?

You can still do what it appears your intention was in asking this question.
    You can press the hotkey and open all bags then again press the same key and close all bags.

This is how I have my bag bind set up:

Create a .txt file in the Champions folder called: "Bagsopen.txt" (On my Win 7 it's location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online\Live)
    Put the following in:

i "genaddwindow Inventory_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root $$ Bind_load_file Bagsclose.txt"

Create a second .txt file in the same folder called: "Bagsclose.txt"
    Put the following in:

i "genremovewindow Inventory_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genremovewindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root $$ Bind_load_file Bagsopen.txt"

Now log into Champions and type or copy/paste the following:
    /Bind_load_file Bagsopen.txt

Press Enter.

That's it, you're done, now by pressing "i" (or whatever hotkey you prefer in it's place), you will cycle between opening all bags and closing all bags.

NOTE:
    For those curious in what order the bags open in, you can set their order and orientation.
    MANUALLY open all of your bags however you want them to open, then close them all. That's it, now every time you press your hotkey they will open that way.

To change it, simply repeat the process.

*Edited for horrible spelling boo boos.
    yvonned wrote: »
    Type this in your chat window:

/bind Shift+I "genaddwindow Inventory_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$"

All bags will now open when you press Shift+I.
    I had a problem with this. For me, copy-and-paste did not work. First, because I only have 4 bags to open (never bought the fifth slot) and second because some of the commands are not spaced correctly. Here's what I mean...

/bind Shift+I "genaddwindow Inventory_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$"

Note, there is a space between the $$ of the 4th bag call and the command to call the 5th bag. But no spaces between the others. First, I had to cut out the 5th call. The command still did not work. Then I added a space to the right places and now it does. Here's my bind command for the same thing, only this is for only 4 bags...

/bind Shift+I "genaddwindow Inventory_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$"

If you have purchased the 5th slot and have a bag in it, try this command...

/bind Shift+I "genaddwindow Inventory_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$ genaddwindow Inventory_Playerbag_Root$$"
    Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to copy these binds and paste them into my chat window, it gets cut off because I run out of room in the chat bar. Is there some way to increase the max number of characters, so that it all fits?

If for any reason you cannot fit the command on the chat bar, open the game console with /console and paste the command in, deleting the slash before the word bind.

Dismiss the console afterwards with tilde.
    Your files were missing? Where were they installed? I have custom files going back years in my Live folder.

BagsOpen.txt and BagsClosed.txt need to be in the Live folder and I just tested this, it works exactly as expected.

What 'char character limit' are you talking about?

Your shift key may be locked, you can see this by setting a key bind manually using the Key Binds UI in the game and when you go to set a new key for something it automatically introduces "Shift +..." to the keybind. Really annoying.

To undo this situation, you tap Left Shift, then tap Right Shift.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The less efficient one that opens bag 4 twice sometimes ;3

Anyways, as Spinny said, this is pretty much over and they've told me without saying much at all what they think.(unsticky)

It's really pathetic to see the nasty turn this has taken, so I'm going to work something out. I'll let you know sometime later what that is.
    Post edited by itsbrou#5396 on
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    Yes, this is really pathetic.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Yes, this is really pathetic.

This is Brou's guide.
    This is a guide created by Brou.
    Brou decided he had reasons that were valid to him for not wanting to share his guide anymore.
    People come and tell him "no actually u r wrong the reasons u think are valid to you, r not"

Yep, this is pathetic alright o3o

Next you'll tell him he actually doesn't like big buff dogs!​​
  • Options
    Apologies. I meant to use quote since I was quoting him when he said “it’s really pathetic”

But nice try.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Next you'll tell him he actually doesn't like big buff dogs!​​

You did another boner o3o
  • Options
    lezard21 wrote: »
    This is Brou's guide.
    This is a guide created by Brou.
    Brou decided he had reasons that were valid to him for not wanting to share his guide anymore​​

Removing your contributions to the community is silly.

zrdRBy8.png
This discussion has been closed.