test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turning off ring of light

So I noticed that both Defender and Ladyhawke have this light ring around them. (Defender's appeared with his new look.) So are they supposed to be holograms now?

Is there any way we can turn those off? I didn't see any choice in the HUD options.
- John Battle (aka David 2)

Battlerock Comics
http://battlerockcomics.com

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    They are not Holograms, this effect exist to highlight and distinguish that they are important NPCs with important missions in order to get player's attention

The Event Vendors also have the Light Circle around them​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    As for a method of disabling it, I can't imagine that is something that you can do in-game. You'll likely need to tamper with graphical files, which is generally a no-no itself.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Is there any way we can turn those off?
    Why?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • johnbattlejohnbattle Posts: 55 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Is there any way we can turn those off?
    Why?

Because maybe some of us don't need a reminder that these are "important characters". Just like we don't need a blue compass arrow over our character's heads telling us what direction we need to go to, or an icon telling us what kind of characters we are seeing, both of which we can turn off in the settings.

- John Battle (aka David 2)

Battlerock Comics
    http://battlerockcomics.com