test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hideout Rooms Still In Plan?

As the title says, we've had a few update that improve the game, mission/story content and overall end-game/powers changes, but I still do wonder if we'll have the Hideouts expanded yet, still whuold like to see them.

Psi
Psi.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nope.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Hideouts were a personal project one of the old devs did.

The chances of getting more seem quite slim.
    The chances of them expanding what we have seem to be even slimmer.

I won't say "never" because I do not know, but I would put my money there if I could.
    Nothing makes me think that the game will see the resources it would need in order for someone to start thinking that expanding hideouts in any way would be a worthwhile endeavor.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hideouts were a personal project one of the old devs did.

The chances of getting more seem quite slim.
    The chances of them expanding what we have seem to be even slimmer.

I won't say "never" because I do not know, but I would put my money there if I could.
    Nothing makes me think that the game will see the resources it would need in order for someone to start thinking that expanding hideouts in any way would be a worthwhile endeavor.
    Tacofangs, who works on STO now. So yeah either a new dev figures out how to work on them and finish what he started or no one will.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Hideouts were essentially a pet project of Tumorboy. Hideouts themselves were not very successful, from the sounds of it, and resources just were not justifiable to spend on them. When Tumorboy left, he joined STO on his own request to begin with and reportedly was much happier working over there and thus the incentive to keep working on the hideouts pretty much ended when he left. All the extra rooms while would be nice is very unlikely to happen as their hookups and reasons to exist well just don't exist. SG HQs were talked about at one point to, but again, not likely to happen. It is very unlikely that custom hideouts, beyond the little we can tweak, will happen due to the complexity of such systems involved.

So, unless we can get people to start playing and start putting in a min of $10 to $15 a month, resources are gong to be prioritized to things the player base as a whole will make use of.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Well Taco wanted to work on STO because he LOVES Star Trek. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited September 2019
    Well Taco wanted to work on STO because he LOVES Star Trek. :p

In more ways than one. I recall his first map the STO player base loved it, and Tumorboy/Tacofangs pretty much was astonished how much the STO player based liked his new map, compared to the CO player base which was... less than forgiving to any new map he would make. But then again I always pretty much say the CO player base is its own worst enemy at times.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited September 2019
    {delete}
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I seem to remember the change from Tumerboy to Tacofangs being because of people being... not nice about the reveal of the original Blood Moon event.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I seem to remember the change from Tumerboy to Tacofangs being because of people being... not nice about the reveal of the original Blood Moon event.

Uhhh, no Tumerboy changed his name to Tacofangs when people started making Tacofangs memes and jokes, and he made his avatar a Taco with Fangs on it, and it grew from there. No what his comment said was basically he was shocked that the STO player base liked the map he did, which I think the map in question he was shocked with was the Bajoran home world, and the statement wasn't 100% this but pretty much ran along the lines of he was shocked because the CO player base would have lambasted him for a small map like that. He later tried to say it was due to travel powers and such that CO players would do that, but let's be honest; practically every change in the early day and even now that hits this game is pretty much hated on by a vocal group of people for no reason other than its change or "not good enough." Everyone here is guilty of it, so there is really no innocent people in that pile.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Hmm didn't he unveil his Tacofangs look because people kept calling Takofanes that?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    practically every change in the early day and even now that hits this game is pretty much hated on by a vocal group of people for no reason other than its change or "not good enough." Everyone here is guilty of it, so there is really no innocent people in that pile.

critiques and complains come and go due to people knowing how to make the idea and application from devs better, its not just for the sake of "good enough"... rather an "it can be better"

shows how much care people have about the game, they won't accept anything half made (cough cough dead rattle) mediocre (looking at some power revamps on this one) or plain bad, people don't just want things, they want things done right, there's a certain level of justification on the hate of some stuff that we get.​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited September 2019
    naciiito wrote: »
    practically every change in the early day and even now that hits this game is pretty much hated on by a vocal group of people for no reason other than its change or "not good enough." Everyone here is guilty of it, so there is really no innocent people in that pile.

critiques and complains come and go due to people knowing how to make the idea and application from devs better, its not just for the sake of "good enough"... rather an "it can be better"

shows how much care people have about the game, they won't accept anything half made (cough cough dead rattle) mediocre (looking at some power revamps on this one) or plain bad, people don't just want things, they want things done right, there's a certain level of justification on the hate of some stuff that we get.​​

And people have myopia when it concerns how little they pay attention to what others say. Saying people care, is one thing, but there is a fine line between constructive criticism and just hating something because it changed. The might changes are a fine example of hating something just because it changed that is going on now. This community and constructive criticism are the anathema of one another. There is no middle ground there is only extremes of it.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    just because you only see extremes doesn't mean everything is just black and white (which is a fallacy), for what i have seen, there is a lot of mixed opinions with the recent changes, lots of mixed feelings and thoughts, some people are okay with the changes, some people disagree with portions of it, some disagree with most of it, maybe there's a few that hated the update all together, but you can't really say for anyone that this update was either a big yes and a big no, case in point, there were legit people giving good criticism, suggesting changes, asking about what was the dev looking for the update, putting ourselves under their vision, you think this update was just all hate and rage against it all? heck I cant even really say myself i hate them, because they're just changes to me, not everyone hates for hating, this community does have constructive criticism, the other theme is how often do we see constructive criticism in the media, zone chat? everyone can say whatever stuff there, forums and discord? more less the same.
    My point is, not all of people that were coming along with this long overdue update was hating on changes, nor people were just accepting it, there was a huge feedback period where stuff would go really smoothly.​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited September 2019
    Yes, you only see things when you limit things to your circle. And trying to link fallacies doesn't strengthen your point of view especially when you name the wrong fallacy.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2019

It's more accurate to say that people want things done the way they want them done, and if things weren't done the way they want them done some people try to make arguments for the way they were done not being "the right way". Others are a bit more humble and grounded in reality and realize that not getting what you wanted doesn't make what you do get automatically wrong.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    It's more accurate to say that people want things done the way they want them done, and if things weren't done the way they want them done some people try to make arguments for the way they were done not being "the right way". Others are a bit more humble and grounded in reality and realize that not getting what you wanted doesn't make what you do get automatically wrong.
    Yeah "done right" is incredibly subjective. Often people just say that because they don't like something.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User

And others have surrendered their wills and minds to the devs so completely that they no longer believe them to be capable of human errors or faults.
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    And others have surrendered their wills and minds to the devs so completely that they no longer believe them to be capable of human errors or faults.
    If that was true they wouldn't post lists of bugs that the devs need to fix.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Impressive. Was wondering how long that one would take to fly around. Not only demonstrably untrue but just so factually wrong on so many levels.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

It's possible that someone out here in forumland has surrendered their wills and minds to the devs so completely that blah, blah, blah, but I can't name one.

Believe it or not, some people might actually like some of the changes. Not because they have been brainwashed or otherwise surrendered their free will, but because they think that the changes have improved a power, powerset, or character in some way, even if just to "balance things out" with other powers.

Some people might not like some things, but just because they don't launch into a rant doesn't mean that they have been brainwashed, either.
    In fact, mindless naysaying is not the least bit helpful to anything.

I could make an extensive list of what I see as flaws in the Death Rattle story. In the feedback thread, I mentioned a couple, but to me the entire thing was actually a step in the right direction.

This particular story was, in my opinion, full of plot holes, logic problems, and some other odd issues, but I want more repeatable, level-appropriate, solo-friendly content going forward, especially story content that checks off those boxes, and even more especially if they can use it to bring in more characters from the PnP lore.

So not sorry if you think that I should just hate it for the bad and not see the potential future good in that picture.
    I wasn't expecting such dramatic and impassioned defenses! The playerbase is really coming together, which is heartwarming.

You're right, some people like stuff because they honestly like it. I hope you will all be able to apply this logic the next time someone offers simple criticism, since some people also dislike stuff because they honestly dislike it. Or will it just be "mindless naysaying" when it's not you who has a complaint?

The point is, it's become very tedious to have honest critique of dev decisions continually get shouted down by a small but vocal band of merry cheerleaders. That and that alone was the reason for my post, which you all missed by a mile. Like what you like, it would be impossible for me to care less.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    The point is, it's become very tedious to have honest critique of dev decisions continually get shouted down by a small but vocal band of merry cheerleaders.

Nail Head Hit

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I wasn't expecting such dramatic and impassioned defenses! The playerbase is really coming together, which is heartwarming.

You're right, some people like stuff because they honestly like it. I hope you will all be able to apply this logic the next time someone offers simple criticism, since some people also dislike stuff because they honestly dislike it. Or will it just be "mindless naysaying" when it's not you who has a complaint?

The point is, it's become very tedious to have honest critique of dev decisions continually get shouted down by a small but vocal band of merry cheerleaders. That and that alone was the reason for my post, which you all missed by a mile. Like what you like, it would be impossible for me to care less.

If you don't like people disagreeing with you, don't post in a public forum.
    The point is, it's become very tedious to have honest critique of dev decisions continually get shouted down by a small but vocal band of merry cheerleaders.

Nail Head Hit

Nail missed basically because anyone who doesn't feel catered to feels ignored and anyone who points out the obvious problem with that view point is going to be called a fanboi or white knight or defender in that case. So, try again.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited September 2019
    Nail missed basically because anyone who doesn't feel catered to feels ignored and anyone who points out the obvious problem with that view point is going to be called a fanboi or white knight or defender in that case. So, try again.

I don't need to try again. I leave the trying all to you.

Yawn Yawn Yawn

CcImQ4B.gif

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

I don't need to try again. I leave the trying all to you.

Yawn Yawn Yawn

CcImQ4B.gif

Your projecting has always astonished me at times.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Fascinating

zrdRBy8.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I see the level of maturity in these discussions is just as high as ever...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited September 2019

I'm not the one complaining about it and calling it "tedious" dude, so that doesn't work o3o

You seem unnecessarily hostile towards me here.

Did I wrong you in some way?

No?

Then maybe you should pick your spots better if you want people to take your "critiques" honestly.

Because the "I couldn't care less about you or what you like" attitude (but you sure seem to care what others say because you respond to that) won't bring many people into caring about what you like.

So when you complain? When you offer that "honest critique"? They remember the guy that acted like a jerk to them earlier and decide that as long as they are okay with whatever, they couldn't care less what you like, either.
    I'm not the one complaining about it and calling it "tedious" dude, so that doesn't work o3o

No, I just chose to express my dislike directly that time. You show yours through trolling. If I had to guess, our level of enjoyment when people disagree with us is probably just about the same. I like it sometimes because arguments and discussion are healthy, and you like it sometimes because you're a chaos imp.
    You seem unnecessarily hostile towards me here.

Did I wrong you in some way?

No?

Then maybe you should pick your spots better if you want people to take your "critiques" honestly.

Because the "I couldn't care less about you or what you like" attitude (but you sure seem to care what others say because you respond to that) won't bring many people into caring about what you like.

So when you complain? When you offer that "honest critique"? They remember the guy that acted like a jerk to them earlier and decide that as long as they are okay with whatever, they couldn't care less what you like, either.

I don't see where I was any more hostile than you were, but I'm sorry if it came across that way. It honestly wasn't intended. You ended your first post, "So not sorry if you think that I should just hate it for the bad and not see the potential future good in that picture." I was simply saying, 'No, I don't think you should just hate it for blah blah blah. Love it, hate it, for whatever reason, that's your call and I really don't care.'

And of course people care more about what others say than what others like. I don't know if you intended that as some sort of 'gotcha', but... since we only play as people who have telepathy, I can only react to what people say. Your enjoyment of a game, or lack of it, has no impact on anything in my life, and vice versa. As our laureate poster spinny has pointed out, it's a public forum, so after someone comments, that's when it intersects with my life, and why I would respond.
    edited September 2019
    since we only play as people who have telepathy

This is ironic considering you would have to think you have telepathy to try to tell me that I'm trolling when I tell you otherwise .-.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
    Honest critique involves discussion of what is wrong and why it needs fixed. "It could be better" is always true of everything and not meaningful criticism.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    SG bases would be awesome though, recycling stuff like Unity and Champions HQ, Hideouts and other maps; initially just bare bones to build upon:

- Members could contribute with G/SCR for visual improvements; build facilities like Lab, SG Vault, Simulator/Training Room (PH), Crafting Room, War/Debriefing Room – complete with mission scanner and private queuing, social area, tailor, launch bay/teleporters…

- SGs could also have a “badge” of sorts, picked from a small selection of generic logos/symbols, which appear on your char tab; and the more advanced your SG gets (through i.e contributions and shared XP), the better it looks (i.e 1-5 stars added to it, borders in bronze-platinum) and etc.

giphy.gif