test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20190403.26 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
Devices
  • Updated the tooltip on the Shadow Pact device.

FX
  • Optimized the FX that many Sorcery powers use to summon something (Circles, Sigils).

Misc
  • Walking into the powerhouse theatre on PTS will grant the perk Show-off and the Cheer03 emote. We will be enabling this reward for various costume contests in the future.

Comments

• Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    Huh more free emotes.
  • Options
    theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Yay, free stuff!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    FX
    • Optimized the FX that many Sorcery powers use to summon something (Circles, Sigils).
    Aw, time to say goodbye to the Devourer of Framerates!

Di5OJcB.gif

(Kidding, this needed to be done, so thanks!)

(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Walking into the powerhouse theatre on PTS will grant the perk Show-off and the Cheer03 emote. We will be enabling this reward for various costume contests in the future.

This is some vague terminology. Like.. Dev Costume Contests.... or like... showing up for Player Costume Contests? U3u

I'm sure it's only the Dev ones, but figured I would ask in case this party is getting cuuh-RAZY!

aesica wrote: »
    Aw, time to say goodbye to the Devourer of Framerates!

Doing that doesn't even effect my framerates u3u I thought you upgraded yer stuff?​​
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    And still no fix for the broken character sorting.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

It's not broken. it's "working as intended".

anyway, these upcoming Dev CC Emote(s) prizes better have some great animations like the Jazzercise.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    spinnytop wrote: »
    This is some vague terminology. Like.. Dev Costume Contests.... or like... showing up for Player Costume Contests? U3u

I'm sure it's only the Dev ones, but figured I would ask in case this party is getting cuuh-RAZY!​​

Dev ones will likely get their own, this is intended for player run ones.
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Doing that doesn't even effect my framerates u3u I thought you upgraded yer stuff?​​
    It doesn't now, but it used to shave a bit of FPS off my older machine, especially if done at really high speeds.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

It's not broken. it's "working as intended".
    Must be a bug, because no developer who cares for their players would want to make the player experience that much worse.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    STO has the same character select screen. What you play last is what is shown at the top last. Same with Neverwinter. So it is as intended
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Must be a bug, because no developer who cares for their players would want to make the player experience that much worse.

WorldsBiggestEyeroll.gif​​
  • Options
    STO has the same character select screen. What you play last is what is shown at the top last. Same with Neverwinter. So it is as intended
    Except it's not the same because you also have names and levels visible immediately, allowing you to scroll down a list to quickly find who you want even if you have a lot of characters:

USHZH30.png

Granted, shuffling characters around based on their last login without an opt-out is stupid and unhelpful in just about any game, but it's a lot easier to stomach in STO or NW due to the extra information provided as well as the method used for selection.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Same with Neverwinter.

no, not same with neverwinter - neverwinter's list is static

i know; i play the game every day - i even tested it just now, loading characters at random; their positions didn't change at all​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
This discussion has been closed.