test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190403.24 - Nighthawk Event

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2019 in PTS - The Archive
Nighthawk
  • Added Cannon hands and Tech Lynx mask to the event vendor.
  • Increased the sell amount of the temporary devices that drop.

Misc
  • Added Throw_Confetti and Throw_Petals emotes. These emotes are available to all players. The fx on these emotes have a short internal cooldown on them.

Powers

Bolas (Device)
  • This device must now be fully charged for its effect.

Gas Pellets (Device)
  • Fixed a bug where this device was using an old version of the Gas Pellets power.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nighthawk
    emot-yikes.gif​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Am I sensing Gadgeteering power adjustments in the wind? o3o​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    no character-sorting change?

Can you at least please consider it?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    🤷‍♂️
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2019
    We have no plans to change the current character sorting.

Edit: To clarify, we have been monitoring the change and do not feel changing it back is the right decision. We'll continue to monitor the change and adjust things if we find that is the best decision.

We are looking into the possibility of having the character screen cache character portraits so changing from page doesn't require you to reload every portrait every time, but have no ETA on when that would be introduced or if it's something we are able to do.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I did not see anything from original post on PTS.

Did you hide event vendor?

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User

Edit: To clarify, we have been monitoring the change and do not feel changing it back is the right decision. We'll continue to monitor the change and adjust things if we find that is the best decision.

We are looking into the possibility of having the character screen cache character portraits so changing from page doesn't require you to reload every portrait every time, but have no ETA on when that would be introduced or if it's something we are able to do.

Ok thank you for the answer.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Pictures of the new costume pieces?
  • hollow#2749 hollow Posts: 20 Arc User

I still think the new sorting is horrible but thank you for posting this so I don't have to drive myself nuts checking the forums ten+ times a day to see if it has been fixed yet.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    How does one monitor other than measuring reactions, which have been mostly negative? I guess you could measure time spent on the character selection screen (which I suspect is increased now), or number of times people page through their characters (which might well be decreased), but neither of those seems like as direct a measure as subjective reactions.
    I did not see anything from original post on PTS.

Did you hide event vendor?

Not even the vendor wanted to show up for Borehawk Event​​
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Here's the question; what does the user base have to do tell whatever it is your monitoring that it is an unwelcoming UI change?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Pretty sure the devs are just ignoring our feedback at this point.

Anyway, the event vendor isn't active on PTS so there's no way we can see the new costumes.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Much as I, and many others (possibly most people, but I digress) hate the sorting change, I wholeheartedly thank you for talking to us about the change, even if I feel it took a long while.

I figure there are reasons for this sorting to stick around, even if it was quite 'offensive' to call it a 'Quality of life improvement', considering the mass response to it, but what's most important to me is that you(plural) are still willing to talk to us about the changes and trying to find middle grounds.

There's been a lot of changes I haven't liked, Auras turning into character bound, character roster limitation, costume slot unlocks no longer being account-wide... and a few changes that seemed to stop too early on progress (No epic lairs after TA, overlay auras, personal magnifiers, so on) but I thank you for still working on the game, keeping it alive and most importantly, talking to us.

Take care out there.
    I am happy we are getting more Super Hero masks​​
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Uh huh....
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    How many people are telling the Devs that they are really super happy with the new screen sorting compared to those who are saying that it is terrible? Close to 9:1 against I'd say. Not sure what metric the Devs have that indicate that it is such an overwhelming success?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Ugh. So no paralyze on tap any more? Another power likely going into the dust bin of use because it was SO OP before :(
    Powers

Bolas (Device)
    • This device must now be fully charged for its effect.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Tech furry tech furry tech furry..i've mentioned before that these two costume genres are created more often than any other and they keep proving me right.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Tech furry tech furry tech furry..i've mentioned before that these two costume genres are created more often than any other and they keep proving me right.

I could state a similar pattern from human variables but that's not going to change anything, just like this construct that is business, if it sells, they'll persist, because they get something for it, like lockboxes, when was the last time they made a Ultimate for free?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,023 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    >Nighthawk Event
    giphy.gif

qawsada wrote: »
    YsIHTzJ.jpg
    HAND BLASTER! YES! FINALLY! YES
    MEGAMAN! MEGAMAN! THE SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT
    https://youtu.be/LIIlIM9HlpQ

Why do I get strong Destiny vibes lately from all this Technology lately​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtma wrote: »
    Tech furry tech furry tech furry..i've mentioned before that these two costume genres are created more often than any other and they keep proving me right.

I could state a similar pattern from human variables but that's not going to change anything, just like this construct that is business, if it sells, they'll persist, because they get something for it, like lockboxes, when was the last time they made a Ultimate for free?

Except it bleeds over to every event even when there's no option to for them to make money off it. High Noon 2019 had barely any costume pieces and they were all tech theme.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    this event is just a hassle, like the forum malkavia or what ever it is to do and both have cool costumes but easier to just buy them then really run the dumb event.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    When you make animal themed masks could you please consider making them half masks that reveal the bottom half of the wearers's face? Better still, one version full face and one version half face.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Before the change: Next to no complaints

After the change: Lots of complaints

I'm not really sure what needs to be observed to finally be enough to push you guys into reversing this (frankly bad) decision, but so far, the argument for keeping the sorting as last-login seems pretty weak. I mean, if it's an administrative change mandated by the higher-ups that you had to go along with, all you really have to do is say so and people will probably be pretty understanding.

At least consider looking into a way to make the sorting a choice between date created or last login.

That said, it's good to see changes to gadget powers. I hope this means my most character-relevant set is finally heading toward reviewland.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    > @kaizerin said:
    > We have no plans to change the current character sorting.
    >
    > Edit: To clarify, we have been monitoring the change and do not feel changing it back is the right decision. We'll continue to monitor the change and adjust things if we find that is the best decision.
    >
    >
    > We are looking into the possibility of having the character screen cache character portraits so changing from page doesn't require you to reload every portrait every time, but have no ETA on when that would be introduced or if it's something we are able to do.

Outside of monitoring the number of players outright logging off and hence exiting the application at the character select screen versus those who make their selection and enter the server, I fail to see any other objective way to determine what exactly the "best" decision is. It's not like an ingame survey feature was introduced either.

EDIT: Upon further thought on the matter, I don't think there's any objective way at all, so monitor how exactly? All there is really to work with is to consider player feedback, and when using forum posts as a metric, the majority seems to be that of disapproval.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    If you want to cause people to leave and seek other games which the people running them are less D%^& about. Then keep arbitrarily putting in changes that have no warranted or was never requested or wanted and was told not to do it and did it any way and refuse to change back because well you simply don't want to. This game is done once another better superhero game with much better graphics is up and running, i may have a life time sub to this but each year i play less and less due to this kind of stuff. As of now i only do events for the costume pieces and anything that unlocks account wide, because all the other stuff is annoying. I want to play the character with a aura or a look from the start not at the end of his levels, to only log in and grind for gold/silver recog. It is boring and tedious which is what this has become, all about getting to 40 fast to do the end game and get the recon gold/silver/nemess/what ever. I like the journey the climb to the top and the adventures and quest, the stories the challenges, the fun of exploring and learning new things and such. CoH had it's faults, but it had more missions, and content for everyone from start to finish than this has, do more of the lower level missions ad some variety to leveling. Do another start zone maybe include the bridge and have it on the other side. double the starting mission paths or quadruple them add some side missions random missions, a sewer craw for those who want a level craw vs foes. But above all improve the game play and add stuff that we would want, not what you think we want listen to a person who is a life time sub. I am just barely holding on to see if maybe the power sets are being fixed to open way for more and expanding if this is not the case then i like most may end up just moving on to the others who are on the horizon.

You're right, they should start releasing more magic themed costumes.​​
  • canadatrekker#7468 canadatrekker Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    How many people are telling the Devs that they are really super happy with the new screen sorting compared to those who are saying that it is terrible? Close to 9:1 against I'd say. Not sure what metric the Devs have that indicate that it is such an overwhelming success?

I suspect it;'s some sort of Cryptic management mandate to bring it in line with Star Trek and Neverwinter. Kais, left to her own devices, doesn't usually make such player-base insulting, boneheaded decisions ("let's break all player macros that specify a character! That's sure to be an improvement!").
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    How long have you all been HERE? Don't you know ... they use CRYPTIC math to calculate this. tiger-37.gif​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    It could have more to do with loading time or some other technical performance metric that was perhaps suffering with the old sorting method. That would be something that they can monitor across all players, of which there are many more of than here on the forums.

In that case all the crying here is for naught if the experience has been improved for the silent majority.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I'm still really a fan of the new sorting system. It's gotten all of the characters that I care about on the first page where I can find them easy. I find that I'm not ignoring four, very important characters anymore due to the fact that I don't have to go looking for them on another page.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You're right, they should start releasing more magic themed costumes.​​
    This reminds me... do we have any powers that use a magic wand "weapon"? I was just thinking about that and realized that one obstacle to fully duplicating Sailor Moon is that sure used a wand as a weapon. I've seen DEMON cultists do it though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2019
    This reminds me... do we have any powers that use a magic wand "weapon"?

No, but we have a number of devices that make you equip a wand or staff when you use them. I keep suggesting that they add Hand costume pieces where you're holding a wand, but they never bite u3u​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Brimstone sort of? Like if you set your weapon to be a staff, it sort of works. Maybe?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    If you look closely that DEMON cultist has a Harry Potter style magic wand.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2019
    Hey guess what? the new character roster still sucks
    Nighthawk
    Added Cannon hands and Tech Lynx mask to the event vendor.

BUG: Cannon
    1. Hand Length and Hands sliders don't affect the costume
    2. Fisticuffs Aura doesn't affect the costume
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I would make it an emanation point option, if possible. I honestly have no idea if that works. I imagine the costume picker would be available if you have any power that uses them. Also stuff like Crashing Incantation would just have to hold the wand while casting. But stuff like Soul beam could be cast from the wand.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    avianos wrote: »
    Nighthawk

​​
    I believe that's because hard linked to the arms (if it was attached to the hands, it would point in the direction of the hands instead of always being pointed straight out from the arm). There are head costume bits that work that way as well, such as some of the space helmets. Not sure it can be adjusted in a way that doesn't look dumb.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    avianos wrote: »
    Hey guess what? the new character roster still sucks
    Nighthawk

This is not a bug.​​
    This is not a bug.
    Thank you for your confirmation
    WELP I guess I won't be needing Fisticuffs Aura anymore tiger-18.gif​​
    I believe that's because hard linked to the arms (if it was attached to the hands, it would point in the direction of the hands instead of always being pointed straight out from the arm). There are head costume bits that work that way as well, such as some of the space helmets. Not sure it can be adjusted in a way that doesn't look dumb.

So then arm size and maybe forearm size should change it's size, yeah?​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So then arm size and maybe forearm size should change it's size, yeah?​​
    I would expect it to scale with anything that scales bracers.
This discussion has been closed.