test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you fear Cosmics?

I am finally about to get shadestorm and revert back to a life drain build but I want to make a cosmic friendly build. So before I invest a respect token I need to know do cosmics take status effects like fear,stress, and so forth.

Also does anyone else know of a great power to apply fear to groups. I was going to go with ego sleep with nightmares.
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Bosses are generally CC-immune, but debuffs like Fear can still be put up on them (even if a debuff's effect may be diminished).

As for powers that apply AoE Fear, there's a few options out there. Sleep w/ adv can work fine for that, despite doing no direct dmg and having a cd, cause it can also be useful for other things, but that power choice kinda depends on the rest of your build and what general role you're trying to play.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • paradise1killerparadise1killer Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks flow,
    Another question, Excluding kiga, why are groups waiting for CC for the others 2 cosmics like ape and dino. If most Cosmics are immune to CC
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    Hounds at Kiga and Hearts at Ape require (in current meta) CCing.

If you kill the hounds, Kiga resurrects them soon after.

Hearts, if left unchecked, heal Qwyjibo.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Thanks flow,
    Another question, Excluding kiga, why are groups waiting for CC for the others 2 cosmics like ape and dino. If most Cosmics are immune to CC
    Cosmics are immune to CC, but several of them have adds that are MV-class (though very high health).
    So thankful for the info all, another question since I am stuck away from pts to learn.

Shadestorm consumes stacks of fear with Void fest to heal. I notice this when I attack groups what I am curious about is the word stack.

How many fears can I stack on a target? Does this have a diminishing return?
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
    How many fears can I stack on a target? Does this have a diminishing return?
    Fear is limited to 1 stack from a given character (multiple characters can apply it, but you can only consume your own). Damage debuffs do appear to have pretty heavy diminishing returns.
    Any idea with pets, can they apply it and can you consume it?

Looks like I'll have a little testing to do
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
    Any idea with pets, can they apply it and can you consume it?
    Debuffs applied by pets are generally owned by you, though there might be exceptions (bug report them if so).
    edited April 2019
    So since everybody's been so informative about status effects on Cosmics I have another 2...

Does Overpower work on Cosmics? if so is it really -20% reduction?

Can you confuse Cosmics by accident with Endbringer's Grasp?
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Afaik, Overpower from ults should still have the full effect, and the bosses shouldn't be able to be CC'd via EG.

edit: sry, I guess I was mistaken about Overpower not being free from a debuff DR.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Does Overpower work on Cosmics? if so is it really -20% reduction?
    Defense debuffs are subject to diminishing returns on higher ranked foes, so the real effect will usually be less than 20%, though how much less depends on what other debuffs are in play.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    So since everybody's been so informative about status effects on Cosmics I have another 2...

Does Overpower work on Cosmics?
    Yes.
    if so is it really -20% reduction?
    It depends on how debuffed the Cosmic is. Cosmics do have DR on debuff stacking although it doesn't appear to be too severe.

I don't know if the DR curve applies on a per damage type basis or across all debuffs. Assuming that it's per damage type, then if a Cosmic has a bunch of crushing dmg debuffs on them but no sonic damage debuffs then Overpower will debuff less for crushing and more for sonic.
    Can you confuse Cosmics by accident with Endbringer's Grasp?
    No.
    kamokami wrote: »
    if so is it really -20% reduction?
    It depends on how debuffed the Cosmic is. Cosmics do have DR on debuff stacking although it doesn't appear to be too severe.
    I don't know if it's the same curve for all SV+, but I did get a curve once: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/12789831
    kamokami wrote: »
    I don't know if the DR curve applies on a per damage type basis or across all debuffs. Assuming that it's per damage type, then if a Cosmic has a bunch of crushing dmg debuffs on them but no sonic damage debuffs then Overpower will debuff less for crushing and more for sonic.
    I assume it calculates all applicable debuffs than applies DR, though I haven't tested specifically.