test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Burst and Pyramid power

scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
I don't mind the alert so much myself but many others don't like it at all. Seems the length of the mission puts people off. Is it possible to remove all the outdoor combat and start the party in the mansion? Might generate more interest in the alert IMHO.
My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
=Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
=Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
=By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
=Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Pyramid Power isn't really that long, it would be typical for a Grab alert (and it actually has rewards as if it were a Grab alert). Thing is, Rad Rumble's time requirement is more like a Smash alert, and people who would like the xp reward from PP are not generally paying attention to the Burst queue. All of which leads to the real problem: Burst alerts in general are useless, because they produce low rank mods. Change the reward to something people might actually be interested in accumulating and people would queue for Burst more (and you can just give PP double reward or something).
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The outside-fighting portion of pyramid power isn't really all that much. The main issue with it I find is that the boss is just too meaty compared to rad rumble, and that's why I personally hate dealing with it. By bringing the PP boss down to the level of the RR boss, I suspect people wouldn't mind it nearly as much as they do now.

That said:
    All of which leads to the real problem: Burst alerts in general are useless, because they produce low rank mods.
    What he said. The rewards are so bad that I actually feel like I have more to gain by just ducking out of the alert right after the boss dies to avoid the final cutscene, so that's what I do. At the moment, all bursts are good for is checking off a box on the daily quest, whereas smash and grab alerts are useful by themselves in addition to daily quests.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Just curious. How hard is it to change the rewards for an alert? Seems like it would be easy to do, but I really don't know.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    How about more burst maps/scenarios.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    • Rad Rumble should be made more like Pyramid Power in regards to length; tougher mobs, more waves.
    • Pyramid Power's boss should have some health shaved off and more enemy groups added to the outside.
    • Make Bursts drop higher ranked mods than they do currently, with a small chance to drop a purple rank mod.
    • Add all damage mods to the drop table, but without a chance to drop a purple.
    • Add a 0.0000000001% chance to drop a DUC. i.e. the same chance as Warlord o3o
    • Hell maybe add every mod in the game to the drop table. Mod-a-palooza!
    • Do bursts drop catalysts? Add those too. Everything mod and mod-related.
    ​​
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    They did add a decent amount of XP to the reward for Pyramid Power, at least.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    • Add a 0.0000000001% chance to drop a DUC. i.e. the same chance as Warlord o3o
    ​​

Ha, there wouldn't be any trouble getting it to pop in that case.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kallethen wrote: »
    They did add a decent amount of XP to the reward for Pyramid Power, at least.​​
    Problem is that level 40s don't require xp and lower levels pretty much don't need mods.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, it's not perfect, but for a long time Pyramid Power gave the same reward as the Radiation Rumble, which led to PP almost never being queued...

I do wish there were at least one or two other Burst alerts, and that the mod rewards suited your level instead of being the same for all levels.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Problem is that level 40s don't require xp and lower levels pretty much don't need mods.

Well said. Mods should be at least R5 (the level people actually use or fuse).

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Even starting people at the boss fight wouldn't make Pyramid Power as fast as Radiation Rumble, because the boss fight itself takes longer than the whole of Radiation Rumble.
  • Options
    scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    Thanks for the input . Lots of great suggestions.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=