test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Revert recent changes to Compassion on live servers

pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
I realize the dev(s) want to change how this power works but the state of this change is maddening and really needs to be done with a little more thought and testing. It was rolled out on Live with no announcement two patches ago and is in a very uneven and frustrating state. Is this not what PTS is for? Please revert this change from Live and work with it on PTS. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    It wasn't "rolled out", it was a side effect of something else that nobody caught on PTS and so it made it onto live. Devs have since decided that this fits the intended functioning of the form so it's staying. No big deal really, healers are gonna heal, so if their healing is needed their form will stack.​​
  • Options
    It's a vast deal, it affects practically every character that runs Compassion. It's also really clearly still in flux and not currently doing what Kaiserin said it's supposed to do, so It should be worked with on PTS until it's stable.
  • Options
    It still works for the function of healing, you'll be fine.​​
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    "It's a vast deal, it affects practically every character that runs Compassion. It's also really clearly still in flux and not currently doing what Kaiserin said it's supposed to do, so It should be worked with on PTS until it's stable."

Hopefully it's worked, clarified, and refined on PTS, which is what PTS is there for.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Sometimes it feels like live is the new pts.

Yeah, revert it until it can be pushed to live without screwing people over.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    It still works for the function of healing, you'll be fine.​​

It's behaving really unpredictably and I'm seeing cases of maintaining Arcane Vit (just for example) over a couple dozen people at Kiga an somehow losing all my stacks. This isn't anything to do with the intent of stopping hands-off healing effects from producing stacks, it simply is not working predictably or reliably at all. There is no benefit to anybody in leaving it on Live in this state, it is just a severe irritation and obviously not working the way anyone would want it to work.
  • Options
    Eh, seems like exaggeration to me. I'm sure we'll get an update to it on Thursday so no worries.​​
  • Options
    Ey look at that, a fix for Compassion is already up on PTS to address the stacking issue. Cross your fingers for Thursday!​​