test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emote Suggestion Thread.

beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
Do we already have one of these? If not we probably should.

I'd like to suggest a dual finger guns emote.

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    I only remember we had a thread about suggesting Dance Emotes but not normal action emotes
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    Therakiel's sword spin would be nice as an emote.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    giphy.gif
    Floss like a Boss dance
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    Where to begin?

Misc

- Retro Cartoon Dance Emote
    That dance they used to do on those old 1940/50 cartoons, when the characters just wiggle their index and move their knees a little.
    -Sleep_back
    Your character sleep lying down on its back (with an arm across the chest)
    -Sleep_side
    Your character sleep lying down on its side
    -Slav_squat
    just like russians do
    squat.jpg

Arcane/Supernatural

-Tarot
    Your character places tarot cards before itself while sitting on the floor
    -Tarot_sit
    Your character places tarot cards before itself, on a simplistic table, while sitting on a chair/chair like position.
    -Tarot_float
    Your character floats slightly of the ground while placing tarot cards on the air, stopping from time to time to observe em with a hand on its chin.
    -Crystalball
    Your character floats slightly of the ground while waving its hands around a floating crystal orbs, small magical symbols and glyph appear from the crystal ball.
    -Ouija
    Your character plays with a ouija board while sitting on the ground (sometimes transparent hands appear around your character and then vanish)

-whisper_ghost
    A ghost figure whisper to your characters ear (the ghost is a transparent male/female/skeleton torso with no legs or feet)
    Your characters head is tilded in the direction of the ghost, and occasionally noding
    -whisper_imp
    Similar as the one above, but with one of those tiny Imps normally summoned by the DEMON members. The imp stands on your characters shoulder while it whispers

Music Instruments

-Sax
    Your character plays the saxophone (like that npc on Vibora Bay)
    -Violin
    Your character plays the violin slowly while standing still.
    -Violin_yeehaw
    Your character plays the violing joyfully stomping its right foot and moving a little from side to side
    -Guitar
    Your character plays the a wooden guitar while standing.
    -Guitar_electric
    Your character plays a electric guitar while sparks fly from behind
    -Flute
    -Panflute
    -Harmonica
    Your character plays a harmonica passionately

Sports/activities

-Boxing
    Character throws pumches and jabs to the air while moving its feet
    -Jump_rope
    character jumps the rope for cardio
    -Reverse_push
    Character stands upsidedown with hands on the floor, pushes with the amrs up and down
    -Yoyo
    character plays with a yo-yo

Movement

-Panic
    Character runs back and forth with arms up (like npcs when they get near enemies)
    -Worm
    Character does the worm

I am sure i am missing some, maybe for another time.
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Oh boy, an emote suggestion thread!
    • Facepalm Emote - Both single-handed and double-handed.
    • Trip Emote - Standing around minding your own business? Suddenly fall flat on your face, only to stand up as if nothing ever happened? Been there, done that.
    • Polish Weapon Emote - Uses the skin of the weapon the character has. Buff your weapon and check out your handiwork!
    • Hug Emote - We got the high five emote. What's stopping us from a hug?
    • Read Book Emote - Take out a book and start reading!
    • Eat/Drink Emote - Eat or drink something!
    • Cross Arms Emote - Idle stance to cross the arms. Maybe lean into a hip and cross arms, or cross arms with ankles together.
    • Sing Emote - Much like the air guitar, you can pretend you're holding a microphone and jam out like no one's business.
    ​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • flagpole#4268 flagpole Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    While these are all respectable suggestions, this is the only one that matters.
    Superdance 2

200.gif
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    sailor_moon_crystal_oshioki_yo__by_albertosancami-d7pz5c3.png
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    I'm in huge favor of recovering some emotes from a previous City that Cryptic built for us.

First and foremost, the /e HoldTorch emote. Those of us with...dual citizenship...know that eventually became more than a fun emote, but also a tribute. In case some of you are aware, the emote was released in Star Trek Online for its anniversary, earlier in the year.

Other old city emotes I really liked-

/e AssumePositionWall This was an animation where the character leaned in when facing a wall, as if getting frisked.

/e Binoculars This is a standing emote similar to when we occasionally see Foxbat with a pair, looking about MC.

/e BoomBox Player summons a boombox to set on the ground and begins to dance to it.

/e EatFood and EatDonut Both are animations that look exactly how they sound.

/e Drink Character holds a glass, drinks from it now and then.

/e FloatBooks Was great for magic-origin heroes. Magical tomes and spellbooks would appear and float before the hero, who would study them.

/e GetSome Hero does a one-quarter turn and defiantly pats their backside with one hand.

/e Kneel Quickly kneels on both knees with hands on thighs, holds stance.

/e ListenPoliceBand Pulled up an electronic wrist scanner to check on police radio.

/e Newspaper Yes, quite dated at this point in time, but fun. Hero stands while holding up newspaper before them to read.

/e Protest Hero holds up one of several randomly generated signs, holding with a slight up-and-down motion, as if accompanied by a protest chant.

/e Score1 (all the way to /e Score10 Hero holds up a large white card with a score between 1-10, as if judging.

/e Spraypaint Commonly seen by NPC street gang mobs as well. Crouch while spraying with can, occasionally shaking it.

/e Teabag Hold out teacup on a saucer, using other hand to bob a teabag in the cup.

/e Vendor Animation as if the hero had a vendor cart.

/e WarmHands Rubs hands and breaths on them, as if trying to warm up over a fire.

• redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    I personally would love to see a "Spellcasting Emote". For example: The animation used when at the Mysticism Crafting table would be awesome to see and should be allowed for use outside of actual crafting. the command could be /me Spellcast1 etc and each one should differ based on mystic colors in the animations, ( Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Yellow,). Similar to how different dance move emotes are listed.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    "MakeItStop" - Hands clasped over the ears and pained expression on the face...perhaps even a bit of buckle to the knees. Account-wide unlock as reward for dancing at Sapphire's Anniversary concert 100 times.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    The return of ;protest ;bigsexy ;camera and a few others.

;saxaphone
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Since we're getting emote Props now, how about a Wrist computer emote. Using the animation from the costume transformation, but in a loop, with your character occasionally looking up. The prop part would be a small hologram screen hovering over your wrist that your character is looking at.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Stoic Flight. Character Just hovers a bit in stoic flight pose. no movement.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    Something like this: like the Meditate emote, but maybe a bit higher off the ground, different hand pose, and at least one book and/or scroll hovering nearby.Doctor-Strange-2015-002-013-628x494.jpg
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    seppuku, and slow motion rag doll faint
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    umbrella emote
  • hype4hype4 Posts: 4 Arc User
    1. I'd like to suggest a twerking emote. giphy.gif
    2. Also a splits emote. giphy.gif

edited June 2019
    Fixing your slevees

sleeves-fix.jpg

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    more flexing emotes xd
    never enough of those
    giphy.gif​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • unexistantunexistant Posts: 4 Arc User
    The fear/terror animation that kiga's dogs forces us into when they howl, except as an emote
    hype4 wrote: »
    1. I'd like to suggest a twerking emote. giphy.gif
    2. Also a splits emote. giphy.gif

Agreed, especially on the twerk.
  • theteedontheteedon Posts: 13 Arc User
    Arms Folded
    Talk with Arms folded
    Action poses like power rangers or 80s anime.
    I'd like to see some emote or stance that reflects the awkwardness of superheroes that try to do heroey things while in stiletto heel boots. Would make some fun comedy relief.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I would like to get a crouching emote. One where the character is just crouching. It's a pretty iconic pose that is often displayed and can have two or three different such as a relaxed posed, lookout pose and a ready pose.

spidey_crouch.jpg

purepng.com-spider-manspider-manspidermansuperherocomic-bookmarvel-comicscharacterstan-leegamesmovie-1701528656310gxraf.png

b-crouch.jpg
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Any cringing, crap meme dance, please make it into an emote. I know you won't disappoint me with this suggestion.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited August 2019
    Oh I also want the golfclap emote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP6v4T3VT7I
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Gimme this,,,seems appropriate.

mWyq7iA.gif
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited August 2019
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
  • dond3m0ndond3m0n Posts: 1 Arc User
    We definitively need more emotes!

I really would like to have:

Sitting:
    - chair: sitting leaned back, arms on the rest
    - chair: sitting leaned back, reading a tabled pc / smartphone
    - chair: sitting leaned back, with on leg crossed over

Standing:
    - standing with arms crossed
    - stand texting on a smartphone
    - wall: standing leaned back on a wall with arms crossed
    - wall: standing sideways with on arm leaned at the wall

Lying down:
    - lying down on back (without that "zZz" graphics)
    - lying down on front with arms under the head (without "zZz" graphics)
    - lying down on side (without that "zZz" graphics)

Social:
    - hugging someone (1 time)
    - hugging someone (loop)
    - talking with glass in hand (wine, beer, cocktail), drinking from time to time
    - bar: leaned forward, arms at the bar
    - bar: leaned backward, ellbows at the bar
    - whistle appreciative at someone
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

edited September 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I want an emote that's just a hyperactive spaz out...

You mean this:
    kermit.gif?w=640
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • or this, but with live things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBGXnnWmEs8​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited September 2019
    We need the shuffling dance, after getting this workout dance;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oTUupME0-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    How about some Gym emotes? Like Barbell curls, Deadlifts and Bench/Shoulder press?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Taking Notes emote.
    Character pulls out a pad and pen, and just writes. Occasionally stopping and looking up before going back to writing. This would be good for Cop character "writing tickets", for reporter characters doing a story, and for all those times an NPC comes up begging for an autograph.

Comic Book emote.
    Same as Newspaper, but you pull out a comic book to read. We are in a world full of superheroes, and comics of superheroes do exist, so lets have an option to read those comics.
  • colaskunkcolaskunk Posts: 3 Arc User
    Stationary movement emotes

Walking in place - Use Spacewalk loop leg movement and simply adjust the model from the waist up with typical character walk. Sometimes champions have to train and that could be fun to use at the gyms or to show a character struggling to escape a foe.

Stationary running and jogging would be for the same reason as above. A character either working out (especially since we got the workout emotes) or trying to futilely escape from their enemies.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Add The Lurch dance for next year's Bloodmoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAOOdC0VzM
  • i'm sure this has already been asked for - multiple times - but...make the animations from the fear debuff an emote!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    sumo crouch pose they do at the begining of a match
    97198031-serious-face-sumo-standing-in-crouch-stance-with-red-circle-as-background-illustration.jpg
    Looking into that particular one, I think that would be extremely no and very much disrespecting the legacy that is presented there. Since that particular haka is specific to that school, created by that individual. It is a beautiful thing to see though.

so a ravenswood academy haka?​​
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

edited February 2020
    Post edited by nacito#6758 on
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

naciiito wrote: »

I want Turk's dance
    I have seen 2 emotes used by soldiers with Binoculars

- Binoculars standing up (they sometimes stop and put them down for a moment, and then continue)
    - Binoculars Kneel

Also, the dances on this video (if we dont have em already)

and Fans, maybe a simple emote

or maybe more fancy dances with Fans ...

MOAR JUGGLES!

Juggle Guns, Chainsaws, Knives, Torches, Fireballs, Snowballs, Lightning Balls, Magical Balls of Light, Flashlights, Bowling Pins, Skulls, Severed Heads, Bowling Balls, TK Knives, TK Balls, Rubber Chickens, Rocks, Severed Limbs (Arms and Legs), Grenades, Cartoony Bombs... That's all that comes to mind right now.
  • blackoctoberblackoctober Posts: 12 Arc User
    How about a reclining pose:
    51f9afc432684.jpg
  • starflairexstarflairex Posts: 77 Arc User
    Just folded arms. Kinda like we have on some npcs and flight power. Arms folded. Simple but will be appreciated.
    I have seen 2 emotes used by soldiers with Binoculars

- Binoculars standing up (they sometimes stop and put them down for a moment, and then continue)
    - Binoculars Kneel

Seconded. Some of us had that emote in a previous city...and we know it's already in the game, as Foxbat uses it.