test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove FORCE and add NATURE and METAL powersets.

deathkn3llqdeathkn3llq Posts: 19 Arc User
Discuss.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Nope.
    'Nuff Said.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Nah.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Cancelled.

Why?

Firstly, you've come for one of my babies.

Second, you have provided no argument as to why such a suggestion should even be considered, or what that would entail in terms of adding two new power sets.

Equally you don't appear to have considered what effect removing an entire power set would have on the game.

If you're going to suggest something, put effort into it.
  • deathkn3llqdeathkn3llq Posts: 19 Arc User
    Ok you want an argument .. here we go..

Force doesn't sit within the greek elemental framework, the standard greek classic elements 5 are Air(Wind),Earth(Nature),Fire,Water(Ice) and Spirit(ather) as represented in this game as divine arcane skill set.

There is no mention of a "force" Element in the classic 5 elements.. so it makes no sense to have it in this game. and although Champions Online's flag ship superhero "Defender" uses force.. his power set is more like Power Armor and gadgets (making him a Power Armour "Gravity" Tank.

Having Nature and Metal makes far more sense then using Force then an element.

And before you troll (but since when is METAL an element) in the chinese system the 5 elements are Wood, Fire, Earth, METAL, and Water.

And this suggestion is an extension of the Air fix suggestion thread that tries to make Air a slashing/cutting attack (when Air is clearly crushing and not cutting)

There you go sound logic and reason for my argument.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    So this has to be kind of trolly but I'm happy to play tag for a while:
    Ok you want an argument .. here we go..

Force doesn't sit within the greek elemental framework, the standard greek classic elements 5 are Air(Wind),Earth(Nature),Fire,Water(Ice) and Spirit(ather) as represented in this game as divine arcane skill set.

You seem to have failed to grasp that this is not a mythical greek based MMORPG.

However, you do have a point about Force not being an Element. Good thing that Force is housed within the "ENERGY PROJECTOR" power tree and that the "Elemental Framework" doesn't exist within Champions Online at this point in time.

There is no mention of a "force" Element in the classic 5 elements.. so it makes no sense to have it in this game.

Oof, so much wrong with the second half of this statement. Please see the first line of my reply for sense checking on this point.

In case you were unaware...Force is there to represent the widely well known ability of "Force Field Generation" it also is slightly strange in that it is also used as an Energy style blasting set too, so the Force Field part of the set isn't that well developed but that can change in due course.

and although Champions Online's flag ship superhero "Defender" uses force.. his power set is more like Power Armor and gadgets (making him a Power Armour "Gravity" Tank.

Defender uses Power Armor. If you run the first couple of missions when leveling up in Millennium City, (Westside, Kodiak etc) this will become abundantly clear.
    Having Nature and Metal makes far more sense then using Force then an element.

Are you saying, Ice, Fire, Wind, Earth...aren't natural?

You could definitely ask to have them grouped into a Nature powers tree...Metal would probably fit well into the Earth set as a sub set.

No need to remove Force for that. But again, there's no Elemental Tree so....#can'trelate

And before you troll (but since when is METAL an element) in the chinese system the 5 elements are Wood, Fire, Earth, METAL, and Water.

Good thing this isn't a Chinese System based MMORPG then!
    And this suggestion is an extension of the Air fix suggestion thread that tries to make Air a slashing/cutting attack (when Air is clearly crushing and not cutting)

There you go sound logic and reason for my argument.

Your final claim here also has no logic whatsoever. It does not relate to the Wind Power set in any way shape or form, do not try and sully Bluhman's thread by suggesting such a thing.

Wind as a ranged slashing damage type would definitely make it interesting in a very nice way. Keeping it Crushing means that it's tied to existing crushing damage limitations or debuffs. So someone using Wind would need to take Demolish in order to have a better chance at dealing greater damage.

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Sorry, but you had my "no" vote the moment you suggested removing an entire powerset.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    Definitely not Force is the best powerset in the game IMHO
    @Powerblast in game