test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reworked Depleted Uranium Core

I might be the only person with this issue not sure, But from what I can tell DUCs are in huge demand and have little supply.

So I suggest adding ranks 3 - 9 for the DUC and change the Warlord alert to always drop a few rank 3 cores.
Also maybe adding the rank 3 version into the GCR store.

Thank you;
Alexandra

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    -signed

An additional advantage for cryptic is that this would promote more upgrade catalyst sells.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Has been suggested in the past (by yours truly).

Reply was that even a r3 mod would still be a great boost to DPs, since it would have to give something like 5% damage pen to have a progressive scaling up to 15% in r9
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »

Reply was that even a r3 mod would still be a great boost to DPs, since it would have to give something like 5% damage pen to have a progressive scaling up to 15% in r9

Not seeing any such thread in your profile, could you point me towards it to read up on those responses. Also where is it enforced a r3 would give 5% resistance penetration, rank scaling can be hugely different from one mod to another. And what does that matter a r3 mod would add some dps? In my opinion bridging the gap between low-end and high-end gear a bit, however slightly, isn't a bad thing.
    And (as you well know) a DUC is a soft requirement for top-end dps, but to get one you have to be very rich or the very lucky (in all my time in CO I have not had a single DUC drop). I don't like that situation at all.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    From what I been told ranked DUC has been described as "opening the flood gates" - floods usually bad. So uh.. ranked DUCs probably unlikely. However it was also hinted that maybe at some future date some way besides Warlord farming could possibly be implemented as a way to acquire a DUC. Something less rng and more "it just takes a lot of time/effort but it's guaranteed at the end". The goal would appear to be to keep it as a somewhat exclusive thing, while moving it away from "farm Warlord 100+ times". There were no promises or guarantees made of course, it was just something being considered that gives you an idea of what direction the thinking is going in.

So, suggestions where "it just takes a lot of time/effort but it's guaranteed at the end but also doesn't mean everyone has one a month later" would possibly be a more useful direction to go in.​​
  • Options
    I don't see how floodgates could be opened by adding weaker mods to CO while the "worst offender" is already available.... more or less. At most the difference between the weaker and stronger characters could be lowered a little by adding ranked DUC mods. That is a good thing, not a reason against adding them.

Alternative options for getting a r9 mod are not any better than lower ranked versions as far as gameplay and balance goes. The biggest difference is that for ranked mods there is already an existing and more or less accepted way for CO to make money out of the top ranked mods. If p2w elements are added to some other form of grind I predict a huge uproar.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ey I'm just tellin you what I been told, I'm just the messenger so I can't argue for the content. Basically just letting you know this probably isn't worth putting a lot of effort into arguing for and pointing in a direction where your efforts might bear fruit. I mean hey, they might change their mind, always possible. Not like there's much more to this specific idea to discuss anyway. Ranked DUC mods - literally everyone in this thread has suggested it at some point, and the implementation is obvious.​​
  • Options
    An example rank scaling that would help people a bit with lower rank mods, but still enforces the higher ranks if you really want top performance:
    r1 = 1%
    r2 = 2%
    r3 = 3%
    r4 = 4%
    r5 = 5%
    r6 = 7%
    r7 = 9%
    r8 = 12%
    r9 = 15%
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    This would be my choice:

r1 and r 2 simply don't exist
    r3 = 0%
    r4 = 1%
    r5 = 3%
    r6 = 5%
    r7 = 7%
    r8 = 9%
    r9 = 15%

This progression makes it worth farming a bit (to get that first little bonus), and also makes R9 catalysts still worth buying for some, because of the big jump from r8 to r9.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Or maybe this?

r1 = 1%
    r2 = 2%
    r3 = 3%
    r4 = 4%
    r5 = 6%
    r6 = 8%
    r7 = 10%
    r8 = 12%
    r9 = 15%

Oh wait that's nearly the same as Aiqa's.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    This would be my choice:

r3 = 0%
    r4 = 1%
    r5 = 3%
    r6 = 5%
    r7 = 7%
    r8 = 9%
    r9 = 15%

This progression makes it worth farming a bit (to get that first little bonus), and also makes R9 catalysts still worth buying for some, because of the big jump from r8 to r9.

I think this is the most fair. Consider that many of the specialty mods (jack fool's blades, cybermind whatever, so on and so forth) start at R3. Or at least I've never seen an R1/2.

The r9 jump might be a feature worth looking into in general, since so many people just stop at r7 because the diminishing returns from there are so small.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    This would be my choice:

r3 = 0%
    r4 = 1%
    r5 = 3%
    r6 = 5%
    r7 = 7%
    r8 = 9%
    r9 = 15%

I think this is the most fair. Consider that many of the specialty mods (jack fool's blades, cybermind whatever, so on and so forth) start at R3. Or at least I've never seen an R1/2.

The r9 jump might be a feature worth looking into in general, since so many people just stop at r7 because the diminishing returns from there are so small.
    I think his is TOO top heavy. But, I agree that the way stat mods work is weird and dumb.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aiqa wrote: »

Not seeing any such thread in your profile, could you point me towards it to read up on those responses.

My bad, the response was actually on Discord

T4ap7er.jpg

*(thread was this one https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1210313/duc-r3-mods)​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    In all the many years I have been playing (2011) I have earned exactly 1 DUC through game play (and that includes when they supposedly dropped more frequently) and bought 2 others. :(
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    I've bought 2 DUC and saw none, though I was in a run when someone got one and was super jellyfish-24.gif​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    *snip*​​

While that is a valid concern. closing your eyes and hoping it will go away is not the best way to handle these things. DUC's already exist and most top-end dps characters already have one slotted. Leaving them annoying/impossible to farm (or insanely expensive) and out of reach for many new players is just about the worst thing to do with items that are a significant part of any top end dps build.

It's ok for new players have to spend some effort to get their characters up and running, but a hurdle like this is just bad for the game.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    -signed

Just for a wonder, DUC vs [Impact Prism 9] vs [Gambler's Lucky Gem 9] vs [Severity Core 9] for the very best DPS ?
    Provably depends on builds but [Severity Core 9] could be one of option if the build has high critical chance amount.

Never tried by myself because most of my main DPS builds already have DUC from long long time ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I've had one DUC drop for me.

I've had 2 drop! :D But wait, before you all get ready to throw tomatos at me... I sold one of them for cheap to Vixen Mighty, so he got one without even having to farm for it!

I think his is TOO top heavy. But, I agree that the way stat mods work is weird and dumb.

Weird and dumb is one way to describe it. Making it so people don't feel too motivated to farm thousands of mods to get their mods to rank 9? That's the way I would describe it. I like how mod progression fizzles out past rank 7. Rank 8 and 9 seem to exist primarily to take advantage of people who are so nuts about maxing stats that they might actually buy rank up catalysts to get all their mods to rank 9. And yeah, I know people who have actually spent money buying rank up catalysts to do that for all 12 of their mods... some on multiple characters n_n​​
  • Options
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Just for a wonder, DUC vs [Impact Prism 9] vs [Gambler's Lucky Gem 9] vs [Severity Core 9] for the very best DPS ?
    Provably depends on builds but [Severity Core 9] could be one of option if the build has high critical chance amount.

It usually depends on your build but for a DUC it depends on your target.

For example if you have a target with say 500% resistance, a DUC would lower that to 485%.
    Overall damage would than increase (1/6)/(1/5.85)-1=2.5%.
    While for a target with 15% resistance a DUC increase damage by almost 15%.
    And of course if you have a target with 0% resistance, a DUC does nothing.

But in general a DUC adds quite a bit more dps than any other single mod.
  • Options
    barbados#5669 barbados Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    also as I had suggested earlier, make eido drop a duc with 20% droprate. Or to make it more fair, a 5-10% individual drop rate. There has always been this argument that there is no incentive or progression - gear or statwise from running eido as compared to other cosmics. I can only hope that the core game is worked on more, but the day the devs are free from working on events is graudually moving out of sight, if it wasn't already.
    Post edited by barbados#5669 on
  • Options
    jojba wrote: »
    also as I had suggested earlier, make eido drop a duc with 20% droprate. Or to make it more fair, a 5-10% individual drop rate.

You're way too close to the decimal point with those numbers. Needs a few more 0s to be realistic.​​
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »

You're way too close to the decimal point with those numbers. Needs a few more 0s to be realistic.​​

Sure, here you go

global drop chance : 20.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
    individual drop chance : 5.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

If you would like more 0's I can add more, to make it more 'realistic' :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ya but the drop chance is still too close to the decimal point. You forgot to implement that o3o here I'll take care of what would have likely been your response:

20_______________.0

The point being that those drop chances are way too high. Ridiculously high. The real drop rate would be a fraction of a percent. Even a 5% drop rate would ensure everyone has one in like a month, and that's something that needs to be avoided.​​
  • Options
    I obviously understood what you meant the first time around, and did think of your fix as well. On the contrary, mine is infact more realistic than that.

Anyway, why should running the toughest content in the game currently successfully not give you a half-decent chance to drop the best mod in the game - in a realistic timeframe? The point isn't to run 10000 eido's to get a chance of dropping 1, for 1 dude out of the 20-30 people there. Eido isn't the warlord alert where such low drop chances are passable and people playing for years have only got a couple, and that too before the 'fix', if any at all. I hope we can agree that eido takes much more time, gear, people, and coordination than a warlord run to warrant the higher drop rate - and yes, by that I mean: close to the decimal point. If not, this discussion and proposal is already lost on you.

If you would like to force time and rng gates, I have a better idea, keep the droprate at 5%, make him drop it only when the warlord alert is on, or during special events that run for a week or so to garner some interest from the rest of the community that doesn't run him regularly or solely for the 50 kill perk. If that is still too much to expect, make him drop 3 r3's, with a 0.1% chance of dropping an r9? or 2 r4's (if warlord is going to drop 1 r3)? maybe 1 r3? 1 r1? Oh nonono, 1 r1 with a 0.0000001% chance it is.

Me and many others, including you (or maybe not, you can have the 0.0000001% droprate solely to yourself to satisfy your realism/s) not having to shell out 10k (or 99.99k) for a duc and spamming trade day in, day out, even after farming broken endgame content (and not some gross-rng alert) for a couple of months or longer (on account of failures and never-ending events as a distraction), for one character is, you guessed it - something that needs to be avoided. Desparate times indeed. :p
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Anyway, why should running the toughest content in the game currently successfully not give you a half-decent chance to drop the best mod in the game - in a realistic timeframe?

See I agree, it should be a decent chance in a realistic timeframe. The problem you're having is that my timeframe and concept of a decent chance are more realistic than yours, but you really really want it to be the other way around because you want to get the thing in a shorter time than a realistic timeframe, in this specific circumstance, would entail. I mean hey sure, I'd love to be able to get a DUC for all my toons in like a month or two - but I know that's not realistic as far as what needs to be in place.
    If you would like to force time and rng gates

Well as has been mentioned in the thread I believe, the goal is to remove rng gates entirely and instead have it be a time gate. Funny thing is, some people will actually complain more once it has a time gate instead of an rng gate because you can bet your bum bum that it is going to be a loooooooooong time gate. Can't please everyone, lel
    Me and many others, including you (or maybe not, you can have the 0.0000001% droprate solely to yourself to satisfy your realism/s) not having to shell out 10k (or 99.99k) for a duc and spamming trade day in, day out, even after farming broken endgame content (and not some gross-rng alert) for a couple of months or longer (on account of failures and never-ending events as a distraction), for one character is, you guessed it - something that needs to be avoided. Desparate times indeed. :p

Well let's see here, a few things.

1. People spending a lot of time or paying a lot of G to get a DUC isn't something that needs to be avoided, it's quite intended to be that way ( which is why it is that way ).
    2. Did you actually pay 10k for a DUC? Wowsers, people usually pay way, way, way less than that. You got ripped off.
    3. You don't need a DUC. If it's this painful for you to even talk about it such that you get upset just because people suggest different numbers than what you suggest, just pretend it doesn't exist and play without it. You'll be much happier, I promise.
    4. Since you're talking about Eido being broken I'm guessing you're not one of the people that does him regularly.​​
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I agree with OP. If DUCs are so strong that lower rank mods can't exist, then that (obviously) points to the fact that R9 is simply too powerful.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    If you really want one, you can get one. If you put in the time, and effort with the alert. I have had cases where I got 2 of them in back to back runs on the same characters. Patience is key here. If you're really looking for one. Hunker down with a nice, powerful group of folks, and do a couple 100 runs, and between all of you, you'll get several.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    If you really want one, you can get one. If you put in the time, and effort with the alert. I have had cases where I got 2 of them in back to back runs on the same characters. Patience is key here. If you're really looking for one. Hunker down with a nice, powerful group of folks, and do a couple 100 runs, and between all of you, you'll get several.

Or not. RNG is RNG. Not a guarantee. But, I get your point.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited December 2018

The problem you're having is that my timeframe and concept of a decent chance are more realistic than yours, but you really really want it to be the other way around because you want to get the thing in a shorter time than a realistic timeframe, in this specific circumstance, would entail. ​​

I am really curious to know roughly what concept of decent chance and realistic time frames you have in mind with regards to duc's dropping from eido - in days, months or years, so I am on the same page.
    I mean hey sure, I'd love to be able to get a DUC for all my toons in like a month or two

Ok my bad for asking for 100 duc's in a month. My time frame is max 4 months or 100 eido runs for 1 duc. Kindly let me know yours.
    because you can bet your bum bum that it is going to be a loooooooooong time gate. Can't please everyone, lel

I would once again like to draw some attention to the difference in difficulty between eido, the warlord alert, and the smash alert. We aren't comparing apples to apples here that we can normalize the time and effort required for an alert you can que at lv25 and even go afk and still have a chance at the drop or if the rng is removed, to the current endgame. You can run hundreds or thousands of smashes and warlord (when its up), but you can only hope for 1 run of eido or max 2 per day. The balance is made between a really low drop chance but a very high number of runs in the case of the former, and an (unrealisitcally *cough) high drop chance but a comparatively far lower number of runs, and more time and effort required in the case of the latter. This point seemingly hasn't gone across. Sure, I have no complaints if the loooooooooong time gate is implemented in the warlord alert, go right ahead. My problem is, you seem to want to implement the same decent chance/timeframe on the endgame as well, which already has a substantial time gate preceding it, in addition to the fact that the frequency is 100+ times lower (taking 8 hours of warlord farm @ 5mins per run, per day = 100 runs vs 1 eido run). The drop chance has to be atleast 100 times higher, to bring the cumulative drop chance at endgame to parity with current low-mid game droprates in terms of number of runs required, and a further 5-8 times higher on top of that to bring it to parity in terms of time required per run. (5 mins per warlord vs 40 min per eido run). All this before even taking into account other factors mentioned previously. *Braces for you can do eido in merc gear, forget gear better than merc and r5 mods exist lel, or you can leech eido with 10,000 score lel, we can farm 100 eidos in a day ez lel.

1. People spending a lot of time or paying a lot of G to get a DUC isn't something that needs to be avoided, it's quite intended to be that way ( which is why it is that way ).

I do understand and as explained above, it is intended for low-mid game. My proposal is to reward endgame more appropriately.
    2. Did you actually pay 10k for a DUC? Wowsers, people usually pay way, way, way less than that. You got ripped off.​​

It wasn't too long ago I saw a guy ready to pay 7k g's in trade for one, and he had been spamming for a couple of weeks, and might still be. Started with 4, then 5, 6 and so on. And no, I didn't pay 10k g, I don't even have 10 g, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect if someone wants to buy one without having to spam trade. If you can find me 3 people selling a duc that dropped after the fix/droprate nerf for 2k, or even 3k within a week as you make it sound, I would like you to point them towards him, and then I shall go in a corner and have a taste of some humble pie.

Some maths below, there might be errors.

1. [Solo] smash farm: Going by the simplest time gate, ie. smash farming for g's, lets say you do 1 smash per 4 minutes including queing/requeing/rewards etc. averaging 1 g per minute. 5k g's, so 5000 minutes = 83.3 hours = 3.5 days of gameplay (7 days @ 10k g). Assuming 4 hours of farming per day, income per day = 240g. Number of days to farm 5k g 20 days. Add a couple of weeks of spamming trade hoping someone has spares as well.
    2. [Solo] Warlord farm: at 0.001% drop chance = 100,000 runs for a 100% drop chance, 5-6 min per run = 500,000 minutes = 8333 hours = 347 days of gameplay. If farming 4 hours per day, days required = 2083 days. Each rotation lasts 56 days or 8 weeks, each alert lasts 7 days or 1 week. 2083 days/ 7 days per rotation = 297 rotations required -> 297x8 = 2380 weeks = 2380 weeks/52 weeks in a year = 46 years Surprisingly this isn't that off. If 200 players farm 4 hours per day, for a combined gameplay time of 800 hours per day, for the whole week, equalling 5600 hours per rotation, it gives a probability of 0.67 (out of 1) for 1 duc to drop for roughly the entire playerbase in one rotation. I suppose it is closer to 0.002% given as far as I am aware there are a couple of duc's dropped per rotation on average.
    3. [Proposed/rng removal][Solo] Warlord farm dropping 1 r3 per run = 625 runs at a 100% fuse chance for an r7 = 5-6 min per run = 3125 minutes = 52 hours -> Farming 4 hours per day when the alert is on, 52 hours / 4 hours per day = 13 days -> 13 days/7days per rotation = 2 rotations required = 2x56days = 112 days + 2500 minutes (2500 g for r8+r9 catalysts via smash farm @ 1g per minute = 112 + 11 = 123 days. If we have richbois, and we have quite a few, it will take 1 run and a handful catalysts to r9.
    4. [Proposed/rng removal][Group] GCR store: 1gcr/1scr per r3 and maxed out gcr farmer @ 77 gcr per day = 625 gcr/7 gcr= 8 days for r7 + 1.73 days for r8+r9 catalyst g farm = 9-10 days. Yeah you can add all alts farming cosmics and eido, but lets be real, you aren't going to be farming more than 50 gcr per day across alts. Similarly if we have stacked gcr/cosmic farmers who have a few k g's lying around, an r9 the day this change is rolled out.
    5. [Unrealistic][Group] Eido farm: at a 20% global drop chance for 30 people = 0.67% per person = 149 runs for a 100% drop chance for 1 person = 40 minutes for per run including gathering, om's, waiting for roles etc. = 5970 minutes = 99.5 hours = 4.14 days of gameplay + 149 days (averaging 1 run per day) = 150 days. Not including time spent farming gcr/scr to gear a character with justice/virt sets, ov or cosmic secondaries, r7 mods, which is roughly a month or two, at minimum. Rough minimum total = 200 days For one character/player.
    6. [Unrealistic][Group] Eido farm at 5% individual chance = 20 runs for a 100% drop chance, and @ 40 mins per run = 800 minutes = 13.3 hours of gameplay. At 1 run per day, 20 days. Adding similar estimates to gear a character enough to carry its weight, as above = 50 days. Agreed, 5% maybe be too optimistic for people who are already geared to implement at this stage, but the same plagues point 3 and 4 with people who already have the resources. A 1% individual chance might be more suitable, and even making the duc dropped from eido bound to the character is quite acceptable.
    7. [Unrealistic, still too close to decimal point][Group] Eido farm at 0.1% global chance = 0.0033% individiual chance = 30,000 runs for a 100% drop chance for 1 dude. At 1 run per day, 30,000 days -> 82 years
    8. [Unrealistic, still too close to decimal point][Group] Eido farm at 0.1% individual chance = 1000 runs for a 100% drop chance, and @ 40 mins per run = 40,000 minutes = 666 hours = 27.7 days of gameplay. At 1 run per day, 1000 days. Adding similar estimates to gear a character enough to carry its weight, as above = 1100 days or 3 years, which incidentally was glossed over in my previous post.
    9. [Realistic][Group] Eido farm at 0.01% global chance for 30 people = 0.00033% individual chance = 300,000+ runs for a 100% drop chance for 1 dude, and @ 40 mins per run, or 1run per day = I guess I can skip this part -> 822 years
    10. I could actually go on adding 0's to further it from the decimal point, it will be interesting to see who is left alive.

Now for sure some assumptions will be pointed out and if reasonable, I will edit the post accordingly. This is how I see it. I still propose 5., in addition to whatever rng removal or time gate is implement to the alert/gcr store. I presume however, 9. is more to your liking.
    3. You don't need a DUC. If it's this painful for you to even talk about it such that you get upset just because people suggest different numbers than what you suggest, just pretend it doesn't exist and play without it. You'll be much happier, I promise..
    Just saying other people give their numbers isn't really helpful - ofcourse they will, and ofcourse they are unlikely to be the same as mine. That is the entire point of a discussion. There is nothing painful or upsetting about it. And if they are different, everyone should pretend the issue doesn't exist? Consider me blown :open_mouth:. I am interested in knowing what the numbers are, so I can adjust my expectations and viewpoints accordingly. We can even have straw polls to see what numbers the community largely agrees on, discuss further, compensate, balance, and so on.
    If you can convince someone that they don't need a duc, please let me know who they are, I will gladly free them of their burden. :wink:
    Since you're talking about Eido being broken I'm guessing you're not one of the people that does him regularly.​​

Without giving away too much, at the time of this post, I'll drop this hint related to the current farm scene : SEC (27) . I am sure you can connect the dots and draw assumptions. Just because a run is successful doesn't mean he isn't broken.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I am really curious to know roughly what concept of decent chance and realistic time frames you have in mind with regards to duc's dropping from eido - in days, months or years, so I am on the same page.

About 4 months per DUC seems about right to me. A 5% drop rate at Eido would provide one much faster than that. That's why I support the objective of time-gating the drop rather than using RNG, because with time-gating you can ensure a more strict effort-to-acquisition ratio.

Without giving away too much, at the time of this post, I'll drop this hint related to the current farm scene : SEC (27) . I am sure you can connect the dots and draw assumptions. Just because a run is successful doesn't mean he isn't broken.

Ooooh, a cryptic clue! Here's mine o3o XMAS8

I mean you could just tell me who you are in game. My handle is in my sig. I was the CCer most likely o3o

PS - don't ever pay more than 2k g for a DUC.​​
  • Options
    PS - don't ever pay more than 2k g for a DUC.​​

WTBuy DUC for 2001g PSM.
    I post it in AH and good I'm a rich boy. o3o