test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THIS GAME IS TOO HARD!!

deathkn3llqdeathkn3llq Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Suggestions Box
Before you start trolling .. I bought this game in 2012 with a lifetime subscription...

I've stopped playing this game for years because it's too damn hard...

Play any themed character with a themed powerset and you are borked!!.

Electric ... Borked! ... Glass Cannon DPS (which is fine) but what is not fine, is enemy's hitting you with 100% accurate ranged attacks as soon as you land the first blow.. Make them miss half of the time at low levels and at end game make them miss 30% of the time...

No more being out-gunned by raptors in the Monster Island Crisis!!!!

Wind ... Borked! Crowd Control Support (Which is fine) but what is not fine is "pow pow" attacks whilst pushing enemy's around ... why can't enemy's collide with each other to cause crushing damage!?

Any of the Arcane skills ... Borked! .. why because again you are CC/Support/Heal (which is fine) but side characters (devices or summons) don't last long enough to actually be a use to the game.. how about using the travel power mechanic (the reduction in energy when you have a travel power activated and use that for summons? and make the summons a toggle? so they can die if they lose hit points or you die...

This would actually make support characters FUN to play...

1) Stop all end quest bosses from regenerating to full when YOU die .. so you could actually solo missions.
2) Double the DPS of Glass Cannons (They are glass cannons for a reason!!)
3) Use the travel power toggle on all summons so that they are permanent
4) Stop all the frankenstein's monster builds ... not everyone wants to be an ugly mix of the same overpowered or (working as intended) powers MAKE THEMES ACTUALLY MEAN SOMETHING!!!!!
5) Fix Crowd control so that it is actually useful in the game!!

Optional Suggestions
6) Remove lockboxes.. just do it!
7) If you are worried about lost revenue (just sell each item in the store.. so people can buy them if they want it)
8) Reduce the random crap in the game.. have 3 mods for an attribute (IE strength (Arms, Mystic, Science themed) and be done with it!)
9) Custom Sidekicks to level out weaknesses in character builds .. or Double DPS Glass Cannons FOR THE WIN! (using the energy tax) Start them out at level one and make them cap at level 30.
10 RAISE THE MAX CAP TO 50!!! it's time already!!!!

I doubt you will listen or bother to reply.. (you never do) but at least I tried...

Rant over...

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I've stopped playing this game for years because it's too damn hard...
    So when something isn't easypeasy, you just quit and don't even try to learn?
    False.
    Themed. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." — Inigo Montoya,
    Mine are all themed characters. And not stuck in one "themed power set"
    But you're still a Glass Cannon....

I don't know what else to say.
    Lern2Play? :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    deathkn3llqdeathkn3llq Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    False.
    Mine are all themed.

Learn to play .... well thank you for that helpful hint .. everything in the game is now fixed ..... nope it's still broken.

Learn to play translation.. Grind grind grind and grind and block ALL THE TIME and use devices ALL THE TIME or better still Use an ugly mix of cookie cutter powers like everyone else and PRETEND THAT YOUR WINNING!!!

FU!
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    giphy.gif​​
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    False.
    Mine are all themed.

Learn to play .... well thank you for that helpful hint .. everything in the game is now fixed ..... nope it's still broken.

Learn to play translation.. Grind grind grind and grind and block ALL THE TIME and use devices ALL THE TIME or better still Use an ugly mix of cookie cutter powers like everyone else and PRETEND THAT YOUR WINNING!!!

FU!

Wow. Calm down kid. It's just a game. :#
    Oh you were offering "fixes". I get it now. Sure. Sorry.
    Please, continue ranting.
    GL! And FU2!
    giphy.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    On the one hand, I do kindof get where you're coming from; when I first tried CO, I made an inferno AT, and - around level 22 - quit the game in frustration and didn't come back for years.

On the other hand... may I suggest, if you're having trouble, that you make a freeform character and use the regeneration passive? It has no visual effect, so it's theme-neutral, and (while you will still need to block sometimes), it will also completely solve your issues with survival.

But, of course, that sort of extreme is not actually necessary; I recently made another inferno AT that I leveled to 40 (without using heirloom gear or fancy devices or anything), just to see if it was as bad as I'd remembered. It wasn't. You can buy healing devices. You can block early to prevent (most) knockback effects, or block just before an attack goes off to reduce damage with minimal impact on your own damage output. Sure, you won't be soloing any of the leveling lairs with an inferno... but really, why would you expect to do that on anything other than a tank?

Edit: One other strong recommendation: if you're having trouble with the game's difficulty, stay out of alerts. They contain scaled-up opponents that will utterly wipe the floor with you if you're low level or inexperienced, and they do not give you any gear rewards. Do the regular missions instead.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Learn to play translation.. Grind grind grind and grind and block ALL THE TIME
    MUAHAHAAHAHA!!! you think DPS has it bad? Try tanking Cosmics! In that you block all the attacks or die. Oh and you need to periodically attack the boss too, have fun with that! Eventually it's like a dance where you simply follow what the boss does and counter move everything the boss does.
    and use devices ALL THE TIME
    What devices? You mean like stuffing your face with candy to heal or something like that? I usually don't. Sidekicks are nice, but for the most part I don't use devices in combat.
    or better still Use an ugly mix of cookie cutter powers like everyone else and PRETEND THAT YOUR WINNING!!!
    I have six characters, and they share very few powers in common. Then again, I don't have 6 glass cannon characters.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    CO is honestly not a terribly difficult game. In fact most complaints have been CO being to easy. But of course that mostly depends on your build. A well build freeform can overpower almost everything.

But cookiecutter builds are not needed. I've mained an electric (very strict) theme build for years, and it works fine when you get good enough gear. It can kill most groups in one fully charged gigabolt, or at least lower their health so far the rest of the fight is trivial. But easily soloing stuff is certainly not limited to the electric set or big ranged charge attacks.

If you want to have an easier time while learning the game and mechanics you best off taking the invulnerability passive. That lowers most incoming damage from normal mobs to single digits.

About the replies in this thread. Keep in mind people on the forums are generally vets that have been playing CO for many years. So even if they ever started out thinking CO was difficult, that has long since change to feeling most of CO is trivially easy.

Lastly. Even though you can do MI crisis solo with a properly geared and level character, it's not really designed for solo play at the minimum level you can get into it. In the past you had to wait for a team to get in, but that was changed so people can at least try solo.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Whats the... Elec is one of best ranged DPS power set in game...

ENDGAME DPS BUILD GUIDE
    HEALER BUILDS
    CROWD CONTROL BUILDS

If you are life timer, you can take self heal, or Active Defense power that don't disturb your image on your theme.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I don't think endgame minmax builds are the right thing to start out with when you're struggling with normal content. Hybrid dps/tank builds is far easier for soloing stuff, but not very welcome at the endgame group stuff.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    99% of this game can be beaten by basic aggro management, spamming an AoE of choice, and realizing that losing stars is No Big Deal. For example, as a Tempest: rank Electrical Current to 3. Rank Electric Form to 3. When you meet a group of enemies, target one of them and hold down electrical current until dead. Repeat until all dead. Proceed to next group.

That said, if you want more tolerance for error, regen or invulnerability will let you survive or escape most errors.

Also, it's a legitimate issue that this game has an inverted difficulty curve; players gain power faster than NPCs.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I'm not trolling, just trying to understand where the OP is coming from. CO is hands down (and this is my opinion) the easiest game to play. Usually when I see a new player struggling it's one of these two issues:

- Poor Gear or No Gear
    Gear really matters in this game while your leveling. Your gear needs to be updated to match your level. The early missions do give out some great gear that can last you a bit. But you're going to need to upgrade while leveling. Your slotted gear should never be more than a couple ranks lower than your current level. Heirloom Leveling gear from the Questionite or Zen Store is really worth it if you can afford it. As it levels with you. A nice free piece of gear if you can get it, is Mechaniste's vest.

- Refusal to Block
    All players get a block power from the very beginning. So even if you don't have a your block replace power yet, blocking can still mitigate some damage. Pay attention to NPC tells, which will notify you that a major charged attack is coming your way. I notice this a lot on alerts with players who just simply refuse to block at all.

If you have decent gear slotted and you're blocking then it can be a matter of strategy. This can include things like pulling enemies around corners, popping health potions when necessary, teleporting pass unnecessary mobs, or using a tough pet (like Emily Lovett) as a tank. If you're playing an AT then teaming is also a very good option. Although, I realize getting a team together in CO is like pulling teeth sometimes. But again, that's becuase the game is relatively easy and doesn't really require teaming for 90% of the content.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    all you guys writting well thought and detailed replies to an obvious inflammatory topic​​
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    aiqa wrote: »
    I don't think endgame minmax builds are the right thing to start out with when you're struggling with normal content. Hybrid dps/tank builds is far easier for soloing stuff, but not very welcome at the endgame group stuff.

I think not, unless trying to solo a contents that requires several people.
    Just take CON as secondary to make the build bit more durable.

Most missions after 40 lvl such like Cosmics, TA, 2~5 players 'Hard' missions will be rather hard to do with Hybrid dps/tank builds.
    I do most of the solo missions with Pestilence/Epidemic toxic themed DPS build.
  • Options
    mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    all you guys writting well thought and detailed replies to an obvious inflammatory topic
    Yep, CO's got a good community. Lots of nice helpful people.​​