test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Spirit Archetype - Help with a build

sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Builds and Roles
I am going to try to word this correctly, I have a Dragon Spirit AT, and I am setting it up using this http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3870/dragon-spirit-archetype-guide-1
The Build marked Warrior Monk, well ever time I try setting the build up in Hero-Creator it shows it is one point shy of getting Fury of the Dragon's Rank 2, and Rank 3 like the build calls for.

I am posting this here because I see more folks on this forum than the NPW Forums. So is it the build or the Hero-Creator? And I am in no way knocking the creator of this build.
Post edited by sgtken60 on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Well, it seems the guide has an extra adv point listed somewhere that's preventing you from maxing the ult. When I manually count the adv points used in the guide, it tallies to 37 points spent, which is 1 point more than you're allowed. So, I'd tend to believe the HC here on the limit. Fortunately, you could axe something like the adv on Intensity to free up points (though I'd prob switch the AO for BCR/RR- a good heal for the AT, even w/ the dmg penalty- but its up to you). I also generally like to leave some adv points free for ranking the most-used travel power, but that's also up to you. Could also axe the disorient adv on Elbow Slam, and/or skip one of the non-Demolish advs on 100Hands, if you want more free points.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, it seems the guide has an extra adv point listed somewhere that's preventing you from maxing the ult. When I manually count the adv points used in the guide, it tallies to 37 points spent, which is 1 point more than you're allowed. So, I'd tend to believe the HC here on the limit. Fortunately, you could axe something like the adv on Intensity to free up points (though I'd prob switch the AO for BCR/RR- a good heal for the AT, even w/ the dmg penalty- but its up to you). I also generally like to leave some adv points free for ranking the most-used travel power, but that's also up to you. Could also axe the disorient adv on Elbow Slam, and/or skip one of the non-Demolish advs on 100Hands, if you want more free points.

Thank you so much, I took on the Viper Base Adventure solo got the first half done before work, was defeated a lot (LoL) by the Air Troops.

I know I should get a FF Slot, but not in the cards right now. Thanks Again, hope to see you in game.

Something more like this?

Warrior Monk Mk2 - The Dragon Spirit (Hybrid)
    v3.11:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Dragon (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 7: Enduring (Con: 8)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 20: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 25: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 30: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Righteous Fists
    Level 1: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Demolishing Strikes, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 6: Elbow Slam (Falling Hammer, Blunt Force)
    Level 8: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Dragon Kick (Flaming Dragon Tail, Dragon Rush)
    Level 14: Form of the Master
    Level 17: Burning Chi Fist (Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 21: Retaliation
    Level 25: Chi Manipulation
    Level 30: Shockwave (Power Shift, Leg Rumbler)
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 40: Fury of the Dragon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (3/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)
    Post edited by sgtken60 on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Oh, I thought if you were reading guides like that you'd already be somewhat familiar w/ some of the lingo, but it's cool:

HC = the HeroCreator builder
    'ult' = Ultimate ability (here, that's Fury of the Dragon- or FotD)
    'adv' = advantage (special ranks for abilities)
    100Hands = the One Hundred Hands attack power
    BCR/RR = Bountiful Chi Resurgence w/ the Resurgent Reiki adv (self-heal over time; adv gives you extra healing when you dodge)
    AO = Active Offense (burst dps cd that can also help break holds; here, that's Intensity)

The build given can work fine (taking off 1 adv point, ofc), but here's one you could try if you're newer:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=d1270uK9EGPA000000E000E60LEI00EC03EP0XEB00ES0PJC03EK00JM0CEQ05EW01000000001rX23T3B0tid200000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Dragon (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 7: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 20: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 25: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 30: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Righteous Fists
    Level 1: One Hundred Hands (Rank 2, Demolishing Strikes, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 6: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 8: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 14: Form of the Master
    Level 17: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
    Level 21: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 25: Chi Manipulation
    Level 30: Shockwave (Power Shift, Leg Rumbler)
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 40: Fury of the Dragon (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Shockwave doesn't trigger Form of the Master (FotM) or Chi Manipulation here, so I wouldn't use it too much, but it can still be okay for rounding up enemies in front of you when fully channeled, and you can tap it to ground flying enemies. You can use either 100Hands or spam charged Dragon Kick (DK) as your normal AoE when enemies are grouped around you (you also have FotD as a frontal burst AoE cd, when its available). For single-target dps, you want to first fully channel 100Hands to put up Demolish and Chi Flame on the target, then charge DK to put up Rush, and then charge Burning Chi Fist (BCF) 4-6 times depending on how your energy is going, then repeat the rotation. DK can also be charged at any time to build stacks of FotM (form stacks will max at 8), and give you energy. The lunge is there just to get you into melee faster, and the 3 leftover adv points can be spent to rank up your most-used travel power (and/or something else, if you like).

Gears mostly for Dexterity (Dex) for crit/dps and to scale up FotM. Can also get some Recovery (Rec) for extra energy via Chi Manip and better resting energy. Crit severity, crit rating, cost discount, and cd (cooldown) reduction are also good stats to have on gear. You could also gear for some Constitution (Con) on the side to have more health, though its not a Super Stat (SS) here, so I wouldn't stack it that much; you can get +maxHP mods in defensive gear to get more health that way, though. You also don't really need to stack Strength (STR) here, even though its SS'd.

You'll be a bit squishy even w/ R3 Lightning Reflexes (LR), since the AT lacks Con SS and more defensive specs, but once you get BCR/RR you'll have a good self-heal (it comes w/ a 10% final damage penalty when active, but its generally worth it if you need the healing). Ranking the block enhancer (here, Retaliation) and blocking well also helps w/ your survival, and you can buy healing devices for another healing source. Energy may also be a bit iffy until you get Chi Manip at level 25, but some extra Rec and End (Endurance) on gear can also help with that, and can reduce the need to use the very low-dps energy builder (here, Righteous Fists) when leveling.

edit: oh, also make sure to have FotM's toggled buff activated by charging it once, and you'll want to re-activate it if you die and resurrect (hitting the ability again will turn it off.. which ofc you generally don't want to do). Similar story with your main travel power, too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Oh, I thought if you were reading guides like that you'd already be somewhat familiar w/ some of the lingo, but it's cool:

Oh cool thank you so much :)

Yeah I am still learning, I took a break awhile back from CO due to some R/L stuff. But I am back now. :)

• Options
    Sure thing. If you have any other questions about the build, then you can ask them here. Have fun out there 8)
  • Options
    Sure thing. If you have any other questions about the build, then you can ask them here. Have fun out there 8)

I will, I just wish I could find someone in game to guide me by the nose. So I could learn the game better.
  • Options
    Well I'm afraid I don't have time to help people in-game, nor do I really know what you want help with, but as you play more you'll encounter more experienced players that can assist you in various respects- as long as you reach out to them and let them know you're still learning.
  • Options
    Well I'm afraid I don't have time to help people in-game, nor do I really know what you want help with, but as you play more you'll encounter more experienced players that can assist you in various respects- as long as you reach out to them and let them know you're still learning.

Okay thanks, and to anyone else out there on the CO, if you feel like helping a newbie :) let me know. I know there is most likely 101 things I should know about this game.

So any help will be appreciated. :)
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    TheEndGame channel is useful for help
  • Options
    TheEndGame channel is useful for help

Okay thank you :)