test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Venomous Velociraptor (Build)

Hi All

Horrible name aside, I'm trying my hands on a Feral/Beast build for my Velociraptor Crh, but honestly struggling with what set of powers I'll like (As Velociraptors, only use claws and teeth and quacks).

So far for the type of "thame" for it is more of a Tribal-Raptor (No Tech or "Powers"). Using Claws/Teeth/Feet. With some Venom/Toxin type of tipped claws or spitting like things. But heals by eating/consuming and gets stronger each time he's either hit or does certrin damage (so becomes more rabbit-wolf like)

The Main setup I have written down is:

Bestial Fury

Shred or Frenzy (Whatever is better)

Regen (Passive: Unless there is passive that Increases DPS/ Slash/Bleeding). I whuold pick the Toxin damage, but dealing toxin damage periodicly is not fitting.

Block: Duh

Thrash: The Mian Healing.

But that's all I have in mind right now. SS/Stats/Specs and all that I have ZERO clue.

Note: The build below is no way near a complete or viable build, it is just to show samples of powers I might or might not use (As I never touched the Feral tree)

Any / Multiple
v3.11:30

Super Stats
Level 6:
Level 10:
Level 15:

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Bestial Fury
Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Antagonize
Level 11: Thrash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Howl (Rank 2, Make them Tremble)
Level 17: Eviscerate (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Massacre (Rank 2, Bloody Mess)
Level 23: Frenzy (Rank 2, Poison Tipped Claws)
Level 26: Venomous Breath
Level 29: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Rank 2, Ghost Fire)
Level 32: Last Stand
Level 35: Wild Thing
Level 38: Aspect of the Bestial
Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Big help for this will be appreciated
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Thrash is good as a centerpiece, though for the concept you could also fiddle around w/ Bite.

The build itself is okay, but could use some tweaks. Eviscerate should have the Messy adv so you can refresh bleeds and Shredded w/ taps of it. You prob want to rank up Venom Breath, since its your main large AoE, and you prob don't need R2 of the Wisp. Massacre is a bit redundant w/ Thrash, and Frenzy is mostly redundant as well (Shred is better for melee dps since it puts up Shredded; Frenzy does have wider reach on its melee cleave vs. Shred, but you also have Venom Breath available).

I would prob get an AD like Masterful Dodge or Resurgence in the place of one of the redundant powers, and maybe get Rebirth or another self-res instead of Last Stand. Could also get Pounce for a lunge, and Supernatural Power would prob work better as the EU overall.

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11830WAQFPEa000000N000N205N800NF00N903N705NG03NQ05NL09ER00NC03ND04OI0KOQ002jN742iK0tid100000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 6: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 8: Supernatural Power
    Level 11: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Paralytic Bile)
    Level 17: Thrash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Eviscerate (Rank 2, Messy)
    Level 23: Howl (Rank 2, Intimidating Force)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Pounce (Furious Rush)
    Level 35: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Finishing Blow (2/3)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The Wisp may not be very thematic, but it can buff Venom Breath's dmg. Howl can be used in melee for some buffs/debuffs and to AoE CC a bit w/ its KD adv. Main single-target rotation is to put up Bleeds and Shredded w/ Shred, then channel Thrash while tapping Evis every 1-2 channels to refresh debuffs and proc AotB. Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and End+Rec (for energy).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    flowcyto wrote: »
    -snip-

Why did the link not work -again- something is up with the BB code I'm picking it seems.

Edit: (I just realized I can't go into Melee Role with the passive I have, thus dropping my DPS, is that not a issue?)

As for the build, heres My Edit:

(Link) https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=11830WAQFPEa000000N000N205N800NF00N903N705NG03NQ05NL09ER00NC03ND04OI0KOQ002jN742iK0tid100000000&e=

(Other):
    My Edit Any / Multiple

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Bestial Fury (Rip and Tear)
    Level 6: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Antagonize (Rank 2, Quills)
    Level 14: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Paralytic Bile)
    Level 17: Howl (Rank 2, Make them Tremble)
    Level 23: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Pounce (Furious Rush)
    Level 29: Last Stand
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 38: Wild Thing
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

So far I'm enjoying Shred vs Frenzy, due to my Venomous Breath. So I kept shred over Frnz (Block as normal, tho whuold the adv Quills be fine for the build?) and the combo of ( Main single-target rotation is to put up Bleeds and Shredded w/ Shred, then channel Thrash while tapping Evis every 1-2 channels to refresh debuffs) is really neat.

As for the SS Whuold rec not be better?, due to it does more then End does?, cuz I'm not sure of the EU you gave me as Wild Thing stacks up with both consume and dealing bleed (and bleed happens alot with toxin)

The EU feels better then the one you gave me atm. (but I can try and play with both)

As for the redunded powers I removed Will o'the Wisp (and as a friend recommendation) I put Command Animals (cuz I can summon Raptors, almost like a pack, so fits thame)

P,S: I feel I should remind you (Crh is level 40, no leveling)
    Psi.
  • Options
    Yes, you will do less dps as a Hybrid using Regen, in trade for the large boost to survival. Whether that's a good trade for you depends on your goals for the build. I may skip on the Quills adv, since its proc chance isn't very high for the 2 adv points, and its not hard for you to put up Bleed or Poison as is.

Rec scales up Supernatural Power's energy return when you drop below the threshold, but End increases the energy threshold itself. They both are good for the EU and I typically get a mix of End and Rec w/ SP builds to make the energy smoother (End for lessening the chance you drop below the threshold but don't have enough remaining energy to activate a power w/o energy building, and Rec so each SP proc gives you more energy to work with). Venom Breath and Thrash won't proc Wild Thing, so that's why I suggested SP, though you still need a decent investment in End and Rec (and cost discount) to make using Thrash more seamless.

The pets are fine for the concept, though for large-group content you prob want to forgo summoning them (their AI can cause issues, and they can die to AoE easily as is). Keep in mind the pets will give you a small energy penalty when used.

Also, I'd forgo ranking the energy builder, and may still take a diff self-res than Last Stand.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    I have a similar build to this for a vamp-type character, but with Pestilence, Bite and Massacre. Do Thrash/Bite offer good DPS in lieu of Massacre - I know they offer some healing so I was expecting a small trade-out on damage. Is Thrash better than Bite overall or do they both contribute? I figure more heals can help the squishiness of a damage passive unless there's a compelling reason not to take both?

Side note: On Brawler, does penetrating strikes have any synergy with Pestilence debuffs? I remember Penetrating Strikes wasn't good at one point? Or maybe I'm remembering an older guide - I dunno. Thanks for any insight!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    [
    Yes, you will do less dps as a Hybrid using Regen, in trade for the large boost to survival. Whether that's a good trade for you depends on your goals for the build. I may skip on the Quills adv, since its proc chance isn't very high for the 2 adv points, and its not hard for you to put up Bleed or Poison as is.

Rec scales up Supernatural Power's energy return when you drop below the threshold, but End increases the energy threshold itself. They both are good for the EU and I typically get a mix of End and Rec w/ SP builds to make the energy smoother (End for lessening the chance you drop below the threshold but don't have enough remaining energy to activate a power w/o energy building, and Rec so each SP proc gives you more energy to work with). Venom Breath and Thrash won't proc Wild Thing, so that's why I suggested SP, though you still need a decent investment in End and Rec (and cost discount) to make using Thrash more seamless.

The pets are fine for the concept, though for large-group content you prob want to forgo summoning them (their AI can cause issues, and they can die to AoE easily as is). Keep in mind the pets will give you a small energy penalty when used.

Also, I'd forgo ranking the energy builder, and may still take a diff self-res than Last Stand.

Thanks then, I'll switch over to Supernatural EU then and play around with that. As for the passive (is there any other passive, besides Pestilence any good for more of a DPS role?).

I am not too sure on always dealing toxin damage, but it might make the DPS much higher, but I'll have to play around with differ passives that help DPS
    Psi.
  • Options
    beerbane wrote: »
    I have a similar build to this for a vamp-type character, but with Pestilence, Bite and Massacre. Do Thrash/Bite offer good DPS in lieu of Massacre - I know they offer some healing so I was expecting a small trade-out on damage. Is Thrash better than Bite overall or do they both contribute? I figure more heals can help the squishiness of a damage passive unless there's a compelling reason not to take both?

Side note: On Brawler, does penetrating strikes have any synergy with Pestilence debuffs? I remember Penetrating Strikes wasn't good at one point? Or maybe I'm remembering an older guide - I dunno. Thanks for any insight!
    Massacre is generally higher base dps than Thrash, which is also a bit higher than Bite (to balance out Massacre's higher tier & cost, and lack of innate heal or bleed)- though even Bite empowered by Setup isn't too shabby either (msotly suggested it here cause it was something different, and also could fit the concept). There's a good number of diff rotations in Bestial that can give you decent dps, even if its not the highest in the set.

From testing on the PH, I think Pestilence's -resist on bleed for Slashing dmg may still not be stacking properly (the poison version seems to be fine), but Penetrating Strikes seems to be working. Pestilence is still an okay dps passive here even w/ that bug, but other good alternatives are the usual for melee: NW, Unstoppable, or WotW.
  • Options
    Ok, so I changed the build around a bit:

I removed Venom-Breath, due to both thame and maintaining issues. Having 3 maintains a bit of a issue and when testing didn't see myself useing VB when attacking: Only the combo Shred/Tresh/Re-fresh bleed. Thame wise, I rather have them come from his gear, rather then his body.

So I replaced VB with Gas Pellets (Cuz he has a gear-belt, from tribal gear) and due to its a single cast, its much more esayer to manage. I also replaced Shred with Frenzy (Saffiaceing a tiny bit of DPS, due to the adv) but I got Frenzy cuz of the much bigger AoE and the poison tipped claws (where his bracers come from).

I am trying to find another decent AoE for more damage, but haven't found any, but the Toxin over time from G.S, seems quite strong as it is. (I was gonna go with Cursed, but it looks a bit daft)

Howl I also gave a extra adv for more CC and I replaced his passive for more damage, but I still have -some- tanking in there.

My Edit Melee Damage

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Frenzy (Rank 2, Poison Tipped Claws)
    Level 6: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Gas Pellets (Rank 2, Oversized Pellet Bag)
    Level 17: Howl (Rank 2, Make them Tremble, Intimidating Force)
    Level 23: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Pounce (Furious Rush)
    Level 29: Last Stand (Fighting Spirit)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge
    Level 35: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 38: Supernatural Power
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Other then that, I had one Adv point left, so I just threw it into Last Stand.
    Psi.
  • Options
    W/o Shred, you lose Shredded (and the Upper Hand bonus, and the reason to get the Messy adv), which isn't a tiny dps loss. Frenzy is a wider AoE, sure, but its still limited to being a melee cone AoE. You also lose R3's dps for the poison adv.

Gas Pellets is still on a cd, but I guess its fine since it can give you poison stacks instead of using Frenzy. You lose a ranged AoE option w/o Venom Breath, but if you are fine playing in melee then that's okay. If you really like Frenzy and its poison adv, you could just replace Gas Pellets w/ it and use it as your AoE, but keep Shred for single targets.
  • Options
    W/o Shred, you lose Shredded (and the Upper Hand bonus, and the reason to get the Messy adv), which isn't a tiny dps loss. Frenzy is a wider AoE, sure, but its still limited to being a melee cone AoE. You also lose R3's dps for the poison adv.

Gas Pellets is still on a cd, but I guess its fine since it can give you poison stacks instead of using Frenzy. You lose a ranged AoE option w/o Venom Breath, but if you are fine playing in melee then that's okay. If you really like Frenzy and its poison adv, you could just replace Gas Pellets w/ it and use it as your AoE, but keep Shred for single targets.

I'll keep shred then

I'll see what I can do with another AoE, but I may just stick with Melee
    Psi.