test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

revamps what would you like to see done next.

2»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, it's a neat map, but the actual mission is walk in and punch bad guy in face. It's not even a hard fight.

Technically, you can visit the location in the main game.... but it's drastically different. It's that strangely green area in Canada.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Given that it was a crisis (since I immediately knew the other two), the color pretty much limited it to Canada, but yeah, I've never seriously zoomed out from that fight.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Archery, and wind probably need it the most, I don't have high hopes for archery, since it's fully mobile, and huge range, gadgets has pulse rifle, which is pretty insane dps atm as it is. Wind has hurricane, and that's it, the rest of the set is garbage, unless you're a squall, and use typhoon, I always thought of celestial being a healing set, so idk if it will get any offensive stuff; guess we'll have to see.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    Celestial is interesting because it's designed to both heal and damage enemies simultaneously.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.​​
    THIS.
    NOTHING BUT THIS.

I mean, what is the point of all these shiney new toys if we just end up running the same 3-4 things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.

But you don't even run TA, and you haven't in like 2 years o3o​​

Well, 1) TA barely counts as a lair. It's pretty short. and 2) he probably already has everything from it. This is why I was saying earlier that even the current lairs could use some beefing up and changing or adding of loots. I don't mean that they should increase the loot drop rate, but rather increase the drop table items, so there are more different things to win.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    LAIRS.
    NOTHING BUT LAIRS.​​

CO needs puppers powers.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    >Thread is about Power revamps
    >People derailed into Lairs
    K DEN
    Celestial is interesting because it's designed to both heal and damage enemies simultaneously.
    and the DPS aspect absolutely sucks
    if you try to make a Celestial DPS you are going to be a laughing stock​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Well, 1) TA barely counts as a lair.

What is your definition of a lair?​​
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

A small cave, barely big enough to put my gold pile in and set up traps to keep pesky adventures out.
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »
    K DEN
    The thread title is "revamps you would like to see". Doesn't say what category of revamp, just revamp.
    and the DPS aspect absolutely sucks
    if you try to make a Celestial DPS you are going to be a laughing stock​​
    Well, yeah, which is why it'd be nice to see a revamp. Even so, it's a bit iffy as to whether it'll be top DPS due to what I said about it being hybrid.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    And this is why I want to see celestial getting DPS revamps the most
    especially now that Infernal and Fire got both support and DPS mechanics​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    I mean, they could add some just-dps powers to celestial and keep the current hybrid ones.​​
  • Options
    I mean, they could add some just-dps powers to celestial and keep the current hybrid ones.
    This is what I want really, and i hope they can be as cool as Soul Beam and Star Barrage​​
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Force plz gawd :tired_face:
  • Options

Something longer than TA, anyway.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    soulforger wrote: »

A small cave, barely big enough to put my gold pile in and set up traps to keep pesky adventures out.

That's a cave, not a lair.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    avianos wrote: »
    K DEN
    The thread title is "revamps you would like to see". Doesn't say what category of revamp, just revamp.

Exactly. Besides, it's all the same resources, in terms of hours worked. So, I'd prefer to see them add more content before spending more time on power revamps.
    Post edited by pwestolemyname on
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I would like Earth powerset to be more damaging and have STR scaling. Causing fissures require lots of strength. unless you're a geomancer who lazily manipulates earth.

I would also like Darkness to be revisited. Maybe add some Roin'esh-like powers since making a separate set is unlikely.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

So, add one more trash mob, it's longer. I mean really if it's a matter of duration, you could always just run it twice, or strictly take new players in with you. Both would effectively increase the duration of the lair. I mean, that's all you're asking for, so don't get mad at me for suggesting things that get you exactly what you're asking for.​​
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    So, add one more trash mob, it's longer. I mean really if it's a matter of duration, you could always just run it twice, or strictly take new players in with you. Both would effectively increase the duration of the lair. I mean, that's all you're asking for, so don't get mad at me for suggesting things that get you exactly what you're asking for.​​

And if everyone took a one-hour lunch break in the middle, a Burst alert would also take longer. I'm sure that's exactly what he meant when talking about something that took longer than TA, and I'm certain that you're not being deliberately obtuse.
  • Options
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    And if everyone took a one-hour lunch break in the middle, a Burst alert would also take longer. I'm sure that's exactly what he meant when talking about something that took longer than TA, and I'm certain that you're not being deliberately obtuse.

Hey, he said "longer". Oh, I guess he just wanted all the hallways lengthened, you're right.​​
  • Options
    jonesing4 wrote: »

Don't worry, Spinny is never deliberately obtuse. That would be rude and unhelpful, and we know how much she dislikes it when people are that.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Is there anything in CO that qualifies? TA takes longer than Destroyer's Factory, Teleios Tower, Burial Caves, Moreau's Lab, Viper Nest, Andrith, or Mandragalore. It's probably faster than Therakiel's Temple. It's definitely faster than the adventure packs or comic series, but those are designed so you can quit part-way through and restart later, making them more a series of adventure than a singular lair.
  • Options
    theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I am very excited about all future power set revamps, but i have to 100% agree with Vexx on this one. I have enjoyed Teleios Ascendant more than any single power set revamp.

Bring on the Stronghold lair revamp!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Options
    I have enjoyed Teleios Ascendant more than any single power set revamp.

Yeah but they're doing both o3o​​
  • Options
    theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @spinnytop said:
    > theglasskitten wrote: »
    >
    > I have enjoyed Teleios Ascendant more than any single power set revamp.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah but they're doing both o3o​​

I would hope so and i am excited about both! If i had to pick which i would like to see first it would be a new lair.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Options
    Is there anything in CO that qualifies? TA takes longer than Destroyer's Factory, Teleios Tower, Burial Caves, Moreau's Lab, Viper Nest, Andrith, or Mandragalore. It's probably faster than Therakiel's Temple. It's definitely faster than the adventure packs or comic series, but those are designed so you can quit part-way through and restart later, making them more a series of adventure than a singular lair.
    No, nothing I know of in CO qualifies as a solid "lair' the way that is defined in most games. That being said, even if we could get more TA-style small lairs, that would be something. I still think beefing up Andrith, Mandragalore, and Therakiel and adding more stuff to their drop tables would be a quick way to add more endgame content. It would be great to see people calling for those runs as often as they call for TA runs (which isn't very often, anyway, but it's a start).

Oh, hmmm... in terms of length and style, I would say UNITY 2 counts as a lair. But, it is so pathetically easy, and the loot tables so lame, that it does not qualify in those terms. Beef that up, too, and voila, more endgame content.

I do like the way they are going with the custom alerts, if StE is any indication. More stuff like that, beefing up and extending the other custom alerts, adding to their drop tables, again, that gives some more endgame content without a ton of work.

And again, I want to reiterate that when I say "add to the drop table" I am not saying that sparklies should drop more often. On the contrary, what I would like to see is more sparklies in the table, so any given loot item actually drops less often, but there is more variety. Drop rate the same, more different things to drop.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    CO is generally better with bit size content, and that's been the trend with the game, so expect more bite-size Snickers, rather than jumbo size Snickers.​​