test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to see the Enrage + Mini Drive nerf reverted?

13»

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    No, I don't want people to be able to grow in combat
    avianos wrote: »
    Just give cosmics the Puny Weaklings aura, which reduces everyone's size based on the number of characters present.

it should remove everyone cosmetic AURAS as well, having people running with 8 auras can be harmful

Auras already tend to disappear at cosmics once there are enough players. I don't think I ever actually see auras at cosmics.​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    No, I don't want the changes reverted but Yes, I would like for an alternative way to allow in combat growth
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Auras already tend to disappear at cosmics once there are enough players. I don't think I ever actually see auras at cosmics.
    They are? Great, I missed the memo but Im glad its already a feature​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They are? Great, I missed the memo but Im glad its already a feature​​
    It's not a feature per se, it's just that the rendering engine tries to render 'more important' stuff first, and if it's having trouble keeping up, discards the less important stuff.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Just give cosmics the Puny Weaklings aura, which reduces everyone's size based on the number of characters present.

it should remove everyone cosmetic AURAS as well, having people running with 8 auras can be harmful

Why would anyone even do this? How can you see your own character through all that mess?

Depends on the aura actually. Some auras do not cover your character in such a way that you cannot see the character. Like, the ones with falling leaves. People do that so they can have up to eight different colors of leaves falling around them during combat. But the ones that do cover the toon...well, those hurt my eyes.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    No, I don't want the changes reverted but Yes, I would like for an alternative way to allow in combat growth
    soulforger wrote: »

Why would anyone even do this? How can you see your own character through all that mess?

Depends on the aura actually. Some auras do not cover your character in such a way that you cannot see the character. Like, the ones with falling leaves. People do that so they can have up to eight different colors of leaves falling around them during combat. But the ones that do cover the toon...well, those hurt my eyes.

Hmmm . . . I don't know. I'd just see that many effects as annoying on my character. I recently tried to combine kibry dots with something else and that alone annoyed the crap out of me. But too each their own.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Some travel powers almost totally obscure you. :D Phoenix flight makes you look like your skin is on fire.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Some travel powers almost totally obscure you. :D Phoenix flight makes you look like your skin is on fire.

And like you're staring up the back end of a Saturn V while traveling. Which is why I swapped to Fire Flight and black colored Psi textured wings.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    While we won't be reverting any of the changes, we are testing out an item that is only visible to the player using it.​​
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yes, I'd like the changes reverted
    Cools
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I don't know how you guys see anything at Cosmics, your character, anybody's aura, etc etc. I set my camera at around 100 feet and everybody looks like little ants, anyway.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    So, there you go, fixed it for ya!

I mean people recently proved you can do Ape with like 6 people, so why not just set it to 6.​​

Balance, young padawan. 35 may be too many, and 6 may be too few, so the wise Jedi chooses the moderate path.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    While we won't be reverting any of the changes, we are testing out an item that is only visible to the player using it.​​

Oh, that sounds interesting. This shows that the devs are listening.
  • Options
    Bunch of growth characters trying Dino be like
    37322938_2059591217392646_6242977742057373696_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=AeFgf1bDE9oz7wMQ2ZRbjO_9wLIj5uSE2sk-mN42p1AiEWdX55sU3d6O1ZL4affFqL8yTFurrXPtzsjHx1GYxtdG
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User

This is a neat idea, but I'd request (if it proves possible) that it be visible to the player using it and other players on their team. (Note: only for actual teams, not team-up groups like you get at cosmics and alerts and such.)
  • Options
    cetas40cetas40 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    As a life time member who played in the Beta and Early Access back in 2009 and rather like the growth effects (I was around for the original Life Injector/costume bug that lead to the magnifier and shrinker items), though don't use them as much. I would want to see a viable solution to this issue particularly when dealing with cosmics and other similar content.

It just doesn't sit well with me that I am could be playing as a melee giant growth character and in regards to fighting something like the Nightmare event cosmics my character even if they are growing only ends up hitting the things in the knees when in like the comics they would possibly be able to uppercut them properly in the jaw by becoming their size.

Also in regards to hitboxes and targeting that can't really be fixed as that is probably deep in the code, After all this game was originally made to work on an Xbox 360 and with controllers, so unless they can rewrite that bit of an issue I don't see the hitbox issue going away, targeting could possibly be fixed though given you have games like FFXIV that allow minimal issues in regards to using a controller or keyboard and mouse in picking targets.
    Post edited by cetas40 on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Balance, young padawan. 35 may be too many, and 6 may be too few, so the wise Jedi chooses the moderate path.

Considering cosmics are balanced for 20+ players, I don't think 15 really qualifies as Balance, or moderate.

As have many things over the years, but everyones "Are the dev's listening"-o-meter seems to reset every time a change comes through that they don't like.​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    While interesting I'm not sure how relevant this will be to some of the growers. After all, the point is to show off in front of others. This is kind of like having on a costumer or aura that only you can see. Probably you need something that allows people to be a bit larger in combat to make some other folks happy.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    While interesting I'm not sure how relevant this will be to some of the growers. After all, the point is to show off in front of others. This is kind of like having on a costumer or aura that only you can see. Probably you need something that allows people to be a bit larger in combat to make some other folks happy.

Of course, people in many games play with client-only mods that change appearance on their end only. People do it with Champs already.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    While we won't be reverting any of the changes, we are testing out an item that is only visible to the player using it.

Show off what. Your ability to activate a device? u3u​​
  • Options

Considering cosmics are balanced for 20+ players, I don't think 15 really qualifies as Balance, or moderate.​​
    Uh-uh. Cosmics WERE balanced for 20+ players when they came out. Clearly that is no longer true. That being said, maybe limits of 20 or 25 would be better.

In any case, if the problem is server lag, and the players love large characters, this is a solution that takes both of those issues into account.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options

As have many things over the years, but everyones "Are the dev's listening"-o-meter seems to reset every time a change comes through that they don't like.​​

I was pointing that out for others to take note due to them typically jumping off a bridge for a change. I know all to well they listen. Always have and always will.

In short, I was being snarky towards people that think they don't listen.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Uh-uh. Cosmics WERE balanced for 20+ players when they came out. Clearly that is no longer true. That being said, maybe limits of 20 or 25 would be better.

In any case, if the problem is server lag, and the players love large characters, this is a solution that takes both of those issues into account.

I'm talking about their scaling. It's balanced for 20+ players. That hasn't changed.

Also we don't need a solution for large characters, that problem has already been solved.​​