What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pistols

2»

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,785 Arc User
    Alright, looks decent enough atm, but I'm not sure what else ur looking to change (if anything). I may drop some Int for more Con, though, just to boost maxHP a bit. This is assuming you don't have many energy issues atm.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Hmm... I might do that when I update the utility item. It has an int mod right now. I just wanted to show you how it's setup right now :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Soo.. any suggestions now that pistols have changed?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    If ur still making a build centered around TGM, then the main thing that has changed is that TGM is quite cheaper now, and is back to being single-target baseline. That, and if you want an alternative AoE to Lead Tempest you can try Bullet Hail- essentially a re-skin of SMG. Otherwise, I'd fiddle around w/ the new or revamped powers in the PH and see if any of them fit ur fancy (in terms of form or function).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    Current build is this:
    Archetype: Freeform
    Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)
    Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario
    Powers:
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Burst Shot (r2, Taking Names)
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 17: Eye of the Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Bullet Beatdown (Rank 2, Not Without Incident)
    Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 26: Parry (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Resurrection Serum (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Rebirth (rank2, zombies)
    Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Distortion Acrobatics
    Level 35: Millennial Flight
    Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Anything that you think would be good to change? My main damage is melee and I use the pistols mainly for effects.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    It looks okay for a BB build, though it doesn't really embrace any of the new changes to Muni, and I prob wouldn't rank up Rebirth. Could rank up ur most used Travel Power instead. Slaughter and/or Warden Mastery are also good options in the specs.
  • Options
    Well that's her build from before the changes and I'm not sure what would be an improvement. I love BB and EotS though. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Then perhaps make another character that explores a diff style or aspect to Muni? Doesn't mean you have to wipe out a build you liked before.
  • Options
    So there's really nothing I need to change if my main damage is melee? ok. So what benefits I get if I picked a diff mastery?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Well.. if you wanted, you could try weaving Execution Shot and/or Mini Mines in there, since they're melee. You'd have to axe other powers, though.
  • Options
    hmm.. not sure those would make it better though.

So what would be the benefits of a diff mastery?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Mastery? Well, the other good one is Warden's here- more dps from the combo, but less dps from everything else vs. Dex Mastery. If you pick Warden Mastery, though, you'll want some severity rating on gear.
  • Options
    Ah, I see. Hmm.... How much more? Assuming I don't change gear....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    well, Warden is a ~10% final dmg boost for the combo. I dunno how exactly that would compare to Dex Mastery overall, but for the combo alone it is considerably more.
  • Options
    ah ok, thanks
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Kaizerin said:

Ego Surge
    Nimble Mind: No longer applies a scaling crit chance buff based on your con stat. Now applies an additional chance to crit with attacks based on the number of Ego Leech stacks you have.

Soo... how would this change affect the build?

One thing I've pondered several times is to give her a heal she can use on others, like Holy Water maybe, but I'm not sure if that'd work well.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    same basic answer as the other thread- consider changing to a diff AO, or using a diff power. Holy Water prob won't be great on a non-support build, but its up to you.
  • Options
    I saved this one for last because I had a list of changes i wanted to make as it was.

Archetype: Freeform
    Super Stats:
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Healthy Mind
    Level 15: Coordinated
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Burst Shot (r2, Taking Names) what gives me furious, aside from Resurgence+adv?
    Level 17: Eye of the Storm (Rank 2, BBtV) (not entierly happy this isn't Muni, what AoE poers does muni have that are defensive?)
    Level 23: Thunderbolt Lunge Is there a lunge that has a teleport animation? This isn't really bad, I just like the idea of a teleport lunge. The Gadroon one looks awesome.
    Level 26: Parry (Rank 2) how much would ranking this help?
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, EE)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind) yes, I still have this.... obv going to get swapped for a dif AO
    Level 38: Rebirth (rank2, zombies) def want to get rid of the zombies, might replace this with a completely different rez power. Is the Ice one good?

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Distortion Acrobatics (rank 2, 3)
    Level 35: Millennial Flight (rank 2, 3)

Specializations:
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (1/2) (not sure why I did this to be honest)

Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Defensive Muni AoEs? Uh.. SMG Burst or Bullet Hail's 3-pt dmg shield advs? Lead Tempest's dodge/avoid adv?

A good array of powers can apply Furious. I'd prob just keep Burst Shot w/ Furious if using Bullet Ballet w/ adv- its an easy debuff and buff for the combo.

Teleport lunges would be like Smoke Bomb Lunge in MA or Void Shift in Darkness.

I'd rank the block if taking it to Cosmics; for more casual content you don't have to put that on high priority.

Ice's self-res is fine for a dps- just make sure you pop a heal or something when you use it (since I may not rank it, unless you had excess spare adv points).

An ally res is an odd choice for a non-Support, but its fine as long as you get some mileage outta it, I suppose.

I'm not a huge fan of LR-using Hybrids overall, since LR is random mitigation for a non-tank, but it can still work okay in some content.
  • Options
    I must have mis-read Burst shot, I was thinking It needed a different power to apply Furious.

I get use out of the rez in team content, rezzes in certain queues can save a run that would otherwise fail hard.

I actually get ok DPS. My last run of Nemcon I was pretty much just walking up to the guards and gladiators and curbstomping them.

But yeah…. Lautna is pretty much the epitome of hybrid. defensive passive, Muni-DPS focused, with a rez power. :p It works though.

So new draft:
    Powers:
    Level 1: Burst Shot (r2, Taking Names)
    Level 17: (SMG Burst/Bullet Hail/Lead Tempest + adv)
    Level 23: Void Shift
    Level 26: Parry (Rank 2(maybe 3))
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, EE)
    Level 32: (appropriate AO)
    Level 38: (ice-self rez)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    oh here's the current gear, yes, I managed to acquire one of those antique minimap cores...
    Lautnagear2.png
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    You have Str mods when it isn't an SS here. Avoidance rating is also a bit of a waste since R3 LR already puts you heavily into avoidance's DR. Also hope you have the Justice utility so you can complete the set, at least. Armadillo set can work for now, but you can also aim to upgrade the 2ndaries eventually, if you're committed to this character.
  • Options
    Yeah still working on collecting the bits for the set. This is just what she has right now.

I put in a little Str because it boost melee damage, but... now that I think more... I'm not 100% sure how much of my damage actually benefits from it.

BTW, how much does the Armadillo 3-peice bonus actually help? Is it actually 25% or furry math 25%?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Its the normal type of dmgRes, so it goes by the usual 1/ (1+ x) formula for mitigation. It is not 25% less final dmg taken (that'd be pretty OP).

ex. You have 50% dmgRes from Defense, that means:

1/(1+ 0.5) = 66.67% dmg taken

Adding 25% from the set makes it:

1/(1+ 0.5 + 0.25) = 57.14% dmg taken
  • Options
    Hmm.. would Slicer gloves work here? It just occurred to me that BB is the main melee damage source and I'm not even sure if slicer works on BB properly. (I've actually gotten most of the VT I need for an OV sec already)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I am unsure about it working w/ BBallet. It should w/ the melee flagging on the power, but you can always take it to the PTS before you purchase it on Live and see.
  • Options
    M'kay. :) I just looked and it looked like it should. Still need a few more days of OVing though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters