test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character stance rework

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yes, I would like to see this option available for all characters.
    dianella wrote: »
    So I would humbly say, that even if politics were being a portion to the driving force for this post, I have paid for my right to speak on it.

You had that right before you paid a single penny my dude. Some people are just overly sensitive to politics nowadays and think it's some sort of sin to "politicize" something ( and yet find themselves eagerly engaging in conversations about politics ). Don't worry about it, you have a right to speak your mind, politics or no. After all, politics are just the things that matter in our lives put into words.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Not only that, but I would like to converse, to be able to use the massive frame on the female body type.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    edited June 2018
    Not only that, but I would like to converse, to be able to use the massive frame on the female body type.

^ dat. I want my muscle girls to actually be muscle girls. The body type representation for female characters is rather restricted.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Some people are just overly sensitive to politics nowadays and think it's some sort of sin to "politicize" something....... politics are just the things that matter in our lives put into words.

Character stances in CO is serious politics!

srGZaoB.png
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • dianelladianella Posts: 32 Arc User
    So I would humbly say, that even if politics were being a portion to the driving force for this post, I have paid for my right to speak on it.

You had that right before you paid a single penny my dude. Some people are just overly sensitive to politics nowadays and think it's some sort of sin to "politicize" something ( and yet find themselves eagerly engaging in conversations about politics ). Don't worry about it, you have a right to speak your mind, politics or no. After all, politics are just the things that matter in our lives put into words.

Both yes, and no. There are many businesses who would disagree with this statement due to the fact that little to no money has been invested in their product by the consumer.

They merely give them the right to play in a harassment free environment, with few benefits compared to an actual subscriber. Granted they'd likely never admit this.
    Some people are just overly sensitive to politics nowadays and think it's some sort of sin to "politicize" something....... politics are just the things that matter in our lives put into words.

srGZaoB.png

Turn this into a joke if you must. But you have actually yet to vote in the poll. So ultimately you're opinion means next to nothing, and you're just trolling for your amusement at this point. *Thumbs up* You've accomplished proving that you're only attempting to derail this thread.
    edited July 2018
    Turn this into a joke if you must. But you have actually yet to vote in the poll. So ultimately you're opinion means next to nothing

These poll results ultimately mean next to nothing, the devs' decision whether or not to implement a suggestion is not decided by a poll with two choices that only a tiny amount of people vote on, but I have already voiced my support for your suggested feature a few times now.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    No, I would not care for this.

Turn this into a joke if you must. But you have actually yet to vote in the poll. So ultimately you're opinion means next to nothing, and you're just trolling for your amusement at this point. *Thumbs up* You've accomplished proving that you're only attempting to derail this thread.

You have started a poll to discuss something, and yet so far you've:

1) Attacked the people that did not choose the option you wanted them to choose
    2) Suggested that some people's opinion (big spenders) is more important than other people's opinions (in the inclusive topic to boot!)
    3) Outright stated that other people's opinions mean nothing.

Good debate.

edit: There I voted. I did not actually mind this change at all, but your toxic behaviour has led me to vote against it just to spite you. 2 can be the childs here.​​
    Post edited by lezard21 on

I don't think so personally, but others in this thread keep on bringing up politics as if it's a big deal.
    Turn this into a joke if you must. But you have actually yet to vote in the poll. So ultimately you're opinion means next to nothing

These poll results ultimately mean next to nothing, the devs' decision whether or not to implement a suggestion is not decided by a poll with two choices that only a tiny amount of people vote on, but I have already voiced my support for your suggested feature a few times now.

Actually the more people who vote, the more notice by the devs it would get. Common logic.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Tell that to the last seven years
    edited July 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »

You have started a poll to discuss something, and yet so far you've:

1) Attacked the people that did not choose the option you wanted them to choose
    2) Suggested that some people's opinion (big spenders) is more important than other people's opinions (in the inclusive topic to boot!)
    3) Outright stated that other people's opinions mean nothing.

Good debate.

edit: There I voted. I did not actually mind this change at all, but your toxic behaviour has led me to vote against it just to spite you. 2 can be the childs here.​​

Your opinion is your own. I am not attacking people for their opinion, I am just not buying into some of the reasons as to why something small could not be implemented into a game.

And I started a poll to make a change into a game, it's mostly others who wish to make this into more of a debate. Thank you for voting, despite doing it to be childish. ^_^ Bless your heart.
    Your opinion is your own. I am not attacking people for their opinion, I am just not buying into some of the reasons as to why something small could not be implemented into a game.

What is it that you don't buy? That different people would rather see priority go to different things that suit their different preference/tastes? What could they possibly gain by lieing about it in a debate thread?

Like, if I were to start a thread now about why I think Orbital Cannon should get a damage buff and some people replied "I'd rather they first buffed Earth powerset" should I also pick on them and go "No, I don't think this is the reason why you are disagreeing with me"?​​
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    I am not ever puttin' a vixen stance on me ever.
    But I'd absolutely love to see all genders slay and be themselves~
    lezard21 wrote: »

What is it that you don't buy? That different people would rather see priority go to different things that suit their different preference/tastes? What could they possibly gain by lieing about it in a debate thread?

Like, if I were to start a thread now about why I think Orbital Cannon should get a damage buff and some people replied "I'd rather they first buffed Earth powerset" should I also pick on them and go "No, I don't think this is the reason why you are disagreeing with me"?​​

Well there is the difference in this statement versus previous ones, you're detailing things a bit more.

If there is something extremely specific that you'd like changed, and want to use that in opposition to something else that someone would like to see, then you'd be sure to clearly state what it is that you want changed.

Being vague while taking an opposing stance to something isn't very helpful for oneself.
    Actually the more people who vote, the more notice by the devs it would get. Common logic.

That's just an assumption that's not borne out here.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

Mmm...nope. Common logic: Not a lot of people use the forums actually. Quite a few in-game completely ignore it. You want to garner support? Get them to participate. Gonna be a doozy though.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited July 2018
    xcelsior41 wrote: »

Mmm...nope. Common logic: Not a lot of people use the forums actually. Quite a few in-game completely ignore it. You want to garner support? Get them to participate. Gonna be a doozy though.

How do you think I got so many yes votes?

My experience with forums has led me to believe that i'm more likely to come across three types of people.

1. People who demand change in a game, but stopped playing it years ago.
    2. People who troll forums to feed their sociopathic amusement.
    3. People who actually play the game, and care about it's future success.

I agree with this. I just wish the OP would understand: Content first and some bug fixes, then back to cosmetics/this. We've had a slew of cosmetics, let's take a little detour and get some content to use those new cosmetics in, or, power fixes to create even more themed builds and whatnot. Then, back to cosmetics/this will come with it.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator

I agree with this. I just wish the OP would understand: Content first and some bug fixes, then back to cosmetics/this. We've had a slew of cosmetics, let's take a little detour and get some content to use those new cosmetics in, or, power fixes to create even more themed builds and whatnot. Then, back to cosmetics/this will come with it.

I absolutely agree to this. Cosmetics are nice as ever, but after the whole costume change animation thing is put in place. We don't need anything else entirely cosmetic. And if we do, we put it behind some content to complete, whether it's endgame or just leveling.

edited July 2018

I absolutely agree to this. Cosmetics are nice as ever, but after the whole costume change animation thing is put in place. We don't need anything else entirely cosmetic. And if we do, we put it behind some content to complete, whether it's endgame or just leveling.

Leveling content would be fantastic!! I mean, that's probably why I stopped making 40s. Too..much...westside :s

42 40s, LTSer.

I can agree with both of these statements as well.​​

Leveling content would be fantastic!! I mean, that's probably why I stopped making 40s. Too..much...westside :s

I agree, and if they said "We're increasing the level cap", then I would be over the moon excited.

But ultimately content like a new map, etc, in a free to play game could take years. There is not a time limit on the cosmetic change I proposed, but it would likely take less resources and less time to implement.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Sure, more options are nice. It was said not to talk about limited resources, but that is the reality we face- Kaiz seems pressed by limited dev time w/ all the deadlines. I imagine she isn't against the idea either, but forces beyond her control can make it difficult to fit stuff like this in a timely fashion.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Sure, more options are nice. It was said not to talk about limited resources, but that is the reality we face- Kaiz seems pressed by limited dev time w/ all the deadlines. I imagine she isn't against the idea either, but forces beyond her control can make it difficult to fit stuff like this in a timely fashion.

See, this is information I was not fully aware of. Regardless, it is nice that you both understand the plight of the game. But aren't willing to vote against something, just because of priority.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Let's not just limit it to something like LGBQ equality, this is a game with bug and reptilian races and the females of said races not only don't have breasts like mammals but are also bigger than their male counterparts. The male model is appropriate for making a female Qulaar for example, and being able to add a female stance would be nice to help visually show your toon is actually female
    edited July 2018

The reason there's no point adding this is that this is a caveat that literally every single suggestion/idea has. Like you could literally just add this as a footer to every opening post in the suggestions forum just to get it out of the way and then we can move on with actually talking about the suggestion/idea. I've done it too, a bunch "Oh look a suggestion, better roll out the old 'limited resources' response" but after a while I was like...why?

The only time that it makes sense to roll out that response is when someone says "This has to be done now" or "it's ridiculous that this isn't being done/wasn't done sooner" or some other demanding tone that makes it clear that person doesn't know the situation. Other than that we might as well all just do this with future suggestion posts:

Suggestion: Make butts bigger plz I want bigger butts*

* - limited resources acknowledged.

guyhumual wrote: »
    Let's not just limit it to something like LGBQ equality, this is a game with bug and reptilian races and the females of said races not only don't have breasts like mammals but are also bigger than their male counterparts. The male model is appropriate for making a female Qulaar for example, and being able to add a female stance would be nice to help visually show your toon is actually female

Good point. Though I'm not sure how I feel about seeing a Qulaar standing all sassy like... but with lizards I'm on board.

The reason there's no point adding this is that this is a caveat that literally every single suggestion/idea has. Like you could literally just add this as a footer to every opening post in the suggestions forum just to get it out of the way and then we can move on with actually talking about the suggestion/idea. I've done it too, a bunch "Oh look a suggestion, better roll out the old 'limited resources' response" but after a while I was like...why?

The only time that it makes sense to roll out that response is when someone says "This has to be done now" or "it's ridiculous that this isn't being done/wasn't done sooner" or some other demanding tone that makes it clear that person doesn't know the situation. Other than that we might as well all just do this with future suggestion posts:

Suggestion: Make butts bigger plz I want bigger butts*

* - limited resources acknowledged.

guyhumual wrote: »

Good point. Though I'm not sure how I feel about seeing a Qulaar standing all sassy like... but with lizards I'm on board.

YES TO SASSY LIZARDS!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Yes. But I'd prefer they spend time on other priorities they've been lagging on, including leveling content. Of which there has been a drought. New cosmics and new lairs like TA would be nice also as a priority.
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Yes. But I'd prefer they spend time on other priorities they've been lagging on, including leveling content. Of which there has been a drought. New cosmics and new lairs like TA would be nice also as a priority.

It would be great if the first page or 2 of every suggestion thread was responses where people say what they would like to have instead of the suggestion that's being made.

It would be great if the first page or 2 of every suggestion thread was responses where people say what they would like to have instead of the suggestion that's being made.

/shrug

That's the way the suggestion forum of a game with limited resources always goes.
    That's the way the suggestion forum of a game with limited resources always goes.

Sure but at some point you figure people would notice a dumb pattern and wonder why they keep repeating it.

Sure but at some point you figure people would notice a dumb pattern and wonder why they keep repeating it.

It keeps repeating due to the lack of adequate resources the game has had for years. There's nothing people (non-devs) can really do about that. Sure it's dumb, but unless there is money to fix it from Cryptic's overlords, folks are going to continue to advocate for what they think should be a priority for the game, when a suggestion springs up that sounds like it would take a lot of dev resources. Like the one the OP posted.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I don't really recall having seen any huge mass uproar of people calling the devs out for not investing so called "limited" resources in fixing bugs or releasing new missions and whatnot every time some new cosmetic / emote was being announced and eventually released. People seem to look forward to having new customization opportunities considering how customization has always a strong feature for this game.

Cryptic has shown for years now that new customization releases, be it at the Z-store and in loot boxes, take precedence over releasing new playable content and that's how they're keeping the game commercially viable. I'm pretty sure that releasing new alerts and missions are on the agenda in the long run, but I'm also pretty sure how frequently such content is developed scales with how well the game does monetarily, hence why resources have to be put into making more new and shiny customization stuff to sell.

A suggestion like new stances are in the same vein as emotes that have been released thus far to me, and can significantly improve a player's game experience by having more stance customization options enhance their characters beyond costume customization. I don't see something like that being a waste of limited resources at all.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited July 2018

The only time that it makes sense to roll out that response is when someone says "This has to be done now" or "it's ridiculous that this isn't being done/wasn't done sooner" or some other demanding tone that makes it clear that person doesn't know the situation.

Perhaps I should have clarified, but my post was more to highlight that there's many things that Kaiz can't control- the limited resource thing is a given, sure. It seems to be more important here than other suggestions since there's a political implication, and if Kaiz can never deliver on something like this then I wouldn't want her taking the brunt of any pushback if there wasn't much she could about it. That was more my point than the limited resources topic.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I don't really recall having seen any huge mass uproar of people calling the devs out for not investing so called "limited" resources in fixing bugs or releasing new missions and whatnot every time some new cosmetic / emote was being announced and eventually released. People seem to look forward to having new customization opportunities considering how customization has always a strong feature for this game.

Cryptic has shown for years now that new customization releases, be it at the Z-store and in loot boxes, take precedence over releasing new playable content and that's how they're keeping the game commercially viable. I'm pretty sure that releasing new alerts and missions are on the agenda in the long run, but I'm also pretty sure how frequently such content is developed scales with how well the game does monetarily, hence why resources have to be put into making more new and shiny customization stuff to sell.

A suggestion like new stances are in the same vein as emotes that have been released thus far to me, and can significantly improve a player's game experience by having more stance customization options enhance their characters beyond costume customization. I don't see something like that being a waste of limited resources at all.

I couldn't have said this any better.. Bravo.
    jennymachx wrote: »

A waste? Absolutely not. It's a cosmetic addition and like I've said multiple times in this thread, it's subsequently a benefit. Just, right now we REALLY need new content. All the costuming in the world won't take away from the fact that it's the same stuff from '09/beta, some of which is very buggy at times(Demonflame :p). Either add it alongside these things, or after. Not before.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    I think you might need to clarify that "it's the same stuff from '09/beta" bit, because if you're referring to content, those are the pre-VB days and we've long surpassed those.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Maybe they can create new stances and moods/facial expressions and put them in lockboxes? Hopefully they would unlock for all characters and not go down the sad route emotes have gone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe they can create new stances and moods/facial expressions and put them in lockboxes? Hopefully they would unlock for all characters and not go down the sad route emotes have gone.

Pretty much a good idea.
    Yeah.. I had so many stylish dance emotes, and now only one character can use them.. Quite BS in my opinion.
    edited July 2018
    Jenny has a point. There has never been a point where they were only working on one thing. When they were making the Save The Earth alert, they were also working on a bunch of other things all of which went live together. So really, there's no reason they couldn't do what's being suggested in this thread at the same time as they're developing other content. The "I'd rather they didn't divert resources to this" argument is completely invalid for this suggestion.
    when a suggestion springs up that sounds like it would take a lot of dev resources. Like the one the OP posted.

Especially this is bizarre. What about the OP's suggestion makes you think it would take a lot of resources?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I always sell all emotes that come in boxes. Got no use for bind to character emotes.
    Yeah.. I had so many stylish dance emotes, and now only one character can use them.. Quite BS in my opinion.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I always sell all emotes that come in boxes. Got no use for bind to character emotes.

I won't lie I did fetch quite a large amount of G off of them. But making them character bound only irks me, because I have over 25+ characters.

So because you can only use them on some characters, you've chosen to use them on no characters. What a fascinating reaction o3o

So because you can only use them on some characters, you've chosen to use them on no characters. What a fascinating reaction o3o

You're savage... <3
    So we are insulting others people choices in game play? Oh Spinny, you really do just play both sides of the field.

Selling stuff you don’t need, it’s logical. I don’t see the issue.
    edited July 2018
    So we are insulting others people choices in game play? Oh Spinny, you really do just play both sides of the field.

Saying something is fascinating is an insult? Come now dear ealford, stop being so sensitive on someone else's behalf.

I think there was a huge amount of humor behind his/her statement. And you are right, selling things are logical. :p

PS, you'll note I didn't even reference selling stuff in the post you responded to. Your response wasn't logical o3o
    Good for you. I did.