What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lets discuss those caps on character slots and costume slots

2»

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It’s okay, Sterga always suffered from filthy silvervitis.

It’s known to have certain side effects.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    sterga wrote: »
    Hoarding is a disorder and maybe it's not something that should be monetized. Cash shop ethics are nothing new from me. I thought this was a discussion. Clearly, I was mistaken to voice any opinion that was not in full support what most people want.​​

I do want to say, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion which goes against the grain so to speak.

However, looking at what this topic is...I wouldn't have thought bringing into question mental health of players with hundreds of characters would be on the table at all. That's where, for me at least, it crosses the line.

That's my opinion and that's all I'm trying to get across with what I said.

Mostly because that can introduce a whole other discussion which isn't appropriate and involves others trying to diagnose what possible MHI's people have who they've never met (I get that sometimes it's obvious, but no need to go there...).

If the hoarding of characters on CO actively disrupted someone's occupational and social function...then yes, it could be considered an issue, but that's still a relatively complex "thing" to delve into.

I personally have twenty characters, I think that's my personal cap. I don't particularly get the urge to create new characters unless I need NPCs for RP or something.
  • Options
    gillfignofignogillfignofigno Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Enough with this mental disorder talk. It's totally wrong.

Can you demonstrate how someone having 100 alts and playing as them each for 10 hours is some how a disorder, but having 3 alts with 2000 hours of playtime each is not?

You just seem to be dismissing people who have a bunch of alts as some weird no-lifer off hand based on one aspect of their play-style when I know for a fact I play all 400 of my characters less than some folks play one or two.
  • Options
    combatclown81combatclown81 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Enough with this mental disorder talk. It's totally wrong.

Can you demonstrate how someone having 100 alts and playing as them each for 10 hours is some how a disorder, but having 3 alts with 2000 hours of playtime each is not?

You just seem to be dismissing people who have a bunch of alts as some weird no-lifer off hand based on one aspect of their play-style when I know for a fact I play all 400 of my characters less than some folks play one or two.

Just ignore sterga. He/she obviously has no clue about mental health.

As for character slots: They should allow players to keep getting free slots for leveling to 40 until they hit the cap, whatever it may end up being. They should not just cut it off completely.
  • Options
    jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    All talk of hoarding aside, I'm with Biff - I like making, leveling, tuning and gearing new characters. As an LTS, that's what keeps me coming back.