test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

See what it's like to be me while doing QWZ dailies (Edited for clarity)

2»

Comments

• Options
    folv#5303 folv Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    rtma wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You might want to entertain the possibility that nobody cares. I'm actually the one that cared the most and you basically just blew me off so now I don't care either. Good luck finding someone.

Since this is a fleeting prospect at best, is in part why I've been feeling in general, I feel like I don't belong, misunderstood, just like most of my life, cause people would have to apply thought to others then themselves, I'm tired and struggling to articulate lately, but what is anyone gonna do to help me? probably going to interpret whatever justifies not caring so why bother at all? it's anyone's choice, I'm burnt out psychologically.

Spinny seems to just be your run-of-the-mill troll. The prospect that you should feel ashamed to continually seek information on a subject relating to the game on this forum just because "others might not care" is a ridiculous assertion and is just this kids way of trying to get a rise out of you for seemingly dismissing his purposefully cancerous video response. Pay them no mind (in terms of actually letting it affect you psychologically).
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    folv#5303 wrote: »
    Spinny seems to just be your run-of-the-mill troll. The prospect that you should feel ashamed to continually seek information on a subject relating to the game on this forum just because "others might not care" is a ridiculous assertion and is just this kids way of trying to get a rise out of you for seemingly dismissing his purposefully cancerous video response. Pay them no mind (in terms of actually letting it affect you psychologically).

Oh hey you're following me into threads just to smack talk me. I have another fan \o/

You should have read the rest of the thread first though. Or even the rest of my post that he quoted. Like many people obsessed with me, you're just making yourself look silly :'3

PS - why are you even bringing the idea of being "ashamed" into the conversation. Nobody even said anything like that until you showed up. He asked for help ( after I pressed him to admit that's what he was doing ), and then rejected every single bit of help that anyone provided. He shouldn't feel ashamed, he should figure out what he wants. You too.

PS2 - I'm glad you hated the audio on my video ^_^ and I think it's funny that you didn't see it for what it was: me being the person in the thread who actually put time and effort into helping rtma ( only for him to completely reject it ).

Simply put, your post trying to help rtma deal with "big bad troll spinny" is cute, but way off base.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The prospect that you should feel ashamed to continually seek information on a subject relating to the game on this forum just because "others might not care" is a ridiculous assertion.
    The original post was in no way seeking information.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited June 2018

Yeah. Sorry, but no.

We've all been pretending to be dumb and played along for as long as we could to see if by any chance this was not heading the way we knew it was, but the point of this topic was never that of "seeking information" or "asking for help" regarding this matter as completely made clear by OP's last post.

This very same topic was brought to me via PMs before this topic was even created and I offered multiple tips and advise on how to do QWZ dailies (some of them I posted here in my very first response), but they were all immediately dissmised on the spot.

This topic was initially called "Compassion Test", and OP goes on about how people on this game cannot feel compassions for others. About how tanks and healers are marginalised and people focus on a solo style gameplay.

Yet both ingame and in this topic, people have been offering build advise, tips and even outright saying "Yo, team up with me and let's do dailies". But no, you didn't take time out of your day to jump on PTS, grab the requested gear and build, recorded yourself doing dailies and then uploaded that video, so you are not compassionate enough. I want this game to better integrate team play but I don't want to have to team up to do dailies.

This is just another of many cases of someone on the internet not feeling satisfied or happy with something intrinsically related to themselves and instead of doing the healthy, mature, adult thing of reevaluating one's faults and thinking how they might improve, change or fix them opts to shift the blame towards everyone and everything else because you are a level 10 woke special snowflake who is misunderstood because "that's how humans are"- said the human.

It's the game's fault for telling me I need 3 people in my team and I decide to solo using as little of the resources the game provides me as possible.

It's the community's fault for offering advise and help instead of wasting 6-8 hours of their life recording and uploading a video when it would take me literal 5 minutes to change something about what I'm currently doing to make my life infinitely easier.

I proved my point, so wake up sheeple and get on my intellectual level.

So yeah, let's not.

P.S: Spinny is one of the few people ingame who frequently announces on every channel "Yo, I'm about to do QWZ Dailies/Nemesis Alert/TA, anyone wanna join?" without marginalising by skill level.
    Post edited by lezard21 on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Speaking of advice and helpful things, I am now in the process of putting all my builds up, with videos to show how to use them in the qwz. Partly to help people out, but also so any time someone says something along the lines of "Can't solo QWZ" or "Can't solo QWZ with a squishy dps toon" I can just link them that as a response \o/

Here is le thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1211287/spinnys-dps-warzone-soloin-builds-that-are-also-really-good-in-every-other-part-of-the-game
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Probably wanna turn your volume down a bit... I got a little carried away with the audio.
    https://youtu.be/7MQ3oHyYHHw

I heard the sweet strains of Meshuggah and thought, "Ooh, spinny has great taste." Then I heard the other sounds, and watched the rest on mute. Great vid, otherwise.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »

Yeah. Sorry, but no.

We've all been pretending to be dumb and played along for as long as we could to see if by any chance this was not heading the way we knew it was, but the point of this topic was never that of "seeking information" or "asking for help" regarding this matter as completely made clear by OP's last post.

This very same topic was brought to me via PMs before this topic was even created and I offered multiple tips and advise on how to do QWZ dailies (some of them I posted here in my very first response), but they were all immediately dissmised on the spot.

This topic was initially called "Compassion Test", and OP goes on about how people on this game cannot feel compassions for others. About how tanks and healers are marginalised and people focus on a solo style gameplay.

Yet both ingame and in this topic, people have been offering build advise, tips and even outright saying "Yo, team up with me and let's do dailies". But no, you didn't take time out of your day to jump on PTS, grab the requested gear and build, recorded yourself doing dailies and then uploaded that video, so you are not compassionate enough. I want this game to better integrate team play but I don't want to have to team up to do dailies.

This is just another of many cases of someone on the internet not feeling satisfied or happy with something intrinsically related to themselves and instead of doing the healthy, mature, adult thing of reevaluating one's faults and thinking how they might improve, change or fix them opts to shift the blame towards everyone and everything else because you are a level 10 woke special snowflake who is misunderstood because "that's how humans are"- said the human.

It's the game's fault for telling me I need 3 people in my team and I decide to solo using as little of the resources the game provides me as possible.

It's the community's fault for offering advise and help instead of wasting 6-8 hours of their life recording and uploading a video when it would take me literal 5 minutes to change something about what I'm currently doing to make my life infinitely easier.

I proved my point, so wake up sheeple and get on my intellectual level.

So yeah, let's not.

P.S: Spinny is one of the few people ingame who frequently announces on every channel "Yo, I'm about to do QWZ Dailies/Nemesis Alert/TA, anyone wanna join?" without marginalising by skill level.

For the most part I think you've got a point here, but that P.S? No not really. I've taken a hybrid character into TA with them and they constantly harassed me(LR hybrid DPS at the time until I'm able to get my last piece of Dist gear then full tank) because of being LR and whatnot. Understandably LR is a defensive passive, and won't yield, say, WoTW damage levels, but still. Caused no issues with the run itself, and we were able to get through it fairly well, albeit slighlty slower than zerg DPS levels
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    For the most part I think you've got a point here, but that P.S? No not really.
    Well, depends on what you mean by 'marginalizing by skill level'. Yes, you got criticism, but got the invite in the first place, which plenty of people wouldn't do.

Incidentally, there's no reason to wait for a full gear set to tank. LR has lots of quirks that make it hard to use for cosmic level tanking, but they don't really apply to TA. However, if you do plan on waiting, you might as well adjust your build to include an offensive passive, and either be dual-passive or retcon out of it once you feel confident tanking.
  • Options
    xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    For the most part I think you've got a point here, but that P.S? No not really.
    Well, depends on what you mean by 'marginalizing by skill level'. Yes, you got criticism, but got the invite in the first place, which plenty of people wouldn't do.

Incidentally, there's no reason to wait for a full gear set to tank. LR has lots of quirks that make it hard to use for cosmic level tanking, but they don't really apply to TA. However, if you do plan on waiting, you might as well adjust your build to include an offensive passive, and either be dual-passive or retcon out of it once you feel confident tanking.

I actually formed the TA, and I was considering it, but never have been and never will be a fan of 2 passives on a build for any reason. Nothing against your suggestion or a polite suggestion from others, but, constantly pestering someone to change their build is a no-go for me.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Anyone who joins a TA party in a dps spot on a tank character is going to get get crap for it from me. You're slowing down the run for no reason other than laziness. If you can't handle the teasing, don't bother inviting me/offering to join my team \o/. Of course I will still invite you, and I won't kick you off. That's the important part, to most people at least... I'm sure the teasing is more important to some.

I still don't get why you don't tank, considering your character is a tank even by your own words. You realize that the runs would be faster for you too right? And you would start gaining valuable tanking experience, which is important considering that LR tanking is the most demanding style. Of course this is all reasonable stuff, and your decision doesn't seem to be based on reason so I'm probably just talking to a brick wall o3o
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I do admit I was somewhat emotional there, negative thoughts looping over the last couple of weeks, not enjoyable and wasn't happy either, I have also read the replies so I haven't dismissed them, Admittingly my mindset and performance has fluctuated, I can't explain my brain but I have to live with it so maybe that was the point, some days I've managed to solo QWZ, other-times struggled with even managing the first group, when it comes to certain devices, I tend to forget in the midst of self preservation/focus and even those few occasions when I've been lag denied from a saving heal, frustrating as it is, certain aspects won't change, as for this thread, it was ambivalent at best, might as well close this thread, I hope this wasn't anything of a personal affect, that wasn't the intent, I'm feeling calm now so playtime is over.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    234fbda506c19bb6e3a9dca1e0c783f5.giftumblr_m48fhvLm2D1r0y44no2_250.gif
    tumblr_lpq3jttykc1qfi5b1.gif

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
This discussion has been closed.