test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Z-store Costume Slot Options!

We're changing our Costume Slot offerings in the Z-store, so you can get more costumes for less!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10916793

Comments

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    * unless you have many characters and liked account-wide slots

Thanks for the heads up, at any rate. I've already got enough slots for all of mine, but I can see other alt-oholics being bothered by this (par for the course over the last several years).

EDIT: Posted that before I read the next dev post, which described the big middle finger we're all getting. Just wow.
    Post edited by jonesing4 on
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    So... you're removing the account wide option? Which, maybe, you should say on the page? And isn't actually cheaper than buying a bunch for single toons only? Which makes your post misleading. Stop that. Just be transparent instead of obscuring important information.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    pardon me but this seems like another move against having alts , alts are healthy for the game , they need more stuff to be bought , variety is good
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    An extremely misleading article that ommits the fact that the current account wide 2 costume slot purchase is, in the vast majority of cases, way cheaper than buying them on single toons.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    It is not cheaper for me to buy five costume slots for one character than it is for me to buy two account wide costume slots.

Your advertisement is outright dishonest.
  • dashnochrisdashnochris Posts: 12 Arc User
    I've only used 13 of my 21 character slots in the last nearly-9-years.
    And none of those 13 have ever used more than 5 of the 13 costume slots that each of them have.

That being said, with a little over 2825 zen stockpiled, I immediately snatched up 5 of the (soon-to-be-removed) 2-account-wide-costume-slots-for-565-zen bundles. I may never have a character with 23 different costumes, but I prefer to have the option.

Purchasing 10 new slots for a future stable of 21 characters will cost (under the forthcoming change):
    21 x (2 x 300zen) = 12,600 zen

as opposed to the current method:
    5 x 565zen = 2,825 zen

I feel bad for folks that miss out on the account-wide costume slot unlocks in the future.

Dear PWE,

Providing players with the option to buy 1 or 2 costume slots account-wide ENCOURAGES those players to create lots of new characters. And that acts as an INCENTIVE to buy more character slots.

Making it more expensive for players to purchase additional costume slots has the potential -- however slight -- to DISCOURAGE the creation of new characters, thereby diminishing the sales of additional character slots.
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Very disapointed by the changes

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I understand the desire to use positive language in a marketing announcement. But adding a series of exclamation marks and phrases like "Good news" and "Enjoy these new options", in an article that reveals the removal of an existing service, mismatches tone and content.

The craft of the presentation intensified my negative reaction to the message, which I assume was not the intent of the writer.
  • saruro1994saruro1994 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I've only used 13 of my 21 character slots in the last nearly-9-years.
    And none of those 13 have ever used more than 5 of the 13 costume slots that each of them have.

That being said, with a little over 2825 zen stockpiled, I immediately snatched up 5 of the (soon-to-be-removed) 2-account-wide-costume-slots-for-565-zen bundles. I may never have a character with 23 different costumes, but I prefer to have the option.

Purchasing 10 new slots for a future stable of 21 characters will cost (under the forthcoming change):
    21 x (2 x 300zen) = 12,600 zen

as opposed to the current method:
    5 x 565zen = 2,825 zen

I feel bad for folks that miss out on the account-wide costume slot unlocks in the future.

Dear PWE,

Providing players with the option to buy 1 or 2 costume slots account-wide ENCOURAGES those players to create lots of new characters. And that acts as an INCENTIVE to buy more character slots.

Making it more expensive for players to purchase additional costume slots has the potential -- however slight -- to DISCOURAGE the creation of new characters, thereby diminishing the sales of additional character slots.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Not sure OP can math u3u

Well this ^ only with 6 FF(with out taking in mind the At i have) that i have is atm would be 900 zen, account wide is still better than those "NEW ULTRA PRIME DELUX!!!xXx" Deal...
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well I think they're trying to kill the game.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I want the account wide costume slot options. I really didn't mind forking over the Zen for this service.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    and replacing our single costume and account wide two costume packs

Why on earth are you removing the account wide costume slot unlocks?
    feels like another move to discourage Alts
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    Since it hasn't been mentioned in the advertisement, or here in this thread, I want to ask something just so we have it on record.

Will characters made after the seventh still get the account wide costume slots that have already been purchased?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    arimikami wrote: »
    Will characters made after the seventh still get the account wide costume slots that have already been purchased?
    Absent stating otherwise, stuff you've bought stays bought.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I do think it's funny that they think they can get this past us. I mean, do they think we don't understand how multiplicative scaling works? Players in this game?!? We talk about it practically every day xD

If they really wanted us to "get more for less" then they would add these new options and keep the old 2 account option as well.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    This decision is terrible... it is a shame that it is being over shadowed by another terrible decision.

edited June 2018
    panic made me buy the two extra slots account wide , its good value at 60+ alts

cant see me buying individual slots for characters now

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    No, you get less character slots for more zen. Once again PW/Cryptic is trying to insult their playerbases intelligence. Or because of the other horrible news they thought no one would see this.
  • meamorkmeamork Posts: 3 Arc User
    So, since they're now planning not to throw the account stupidity at us, anyone know if they're gonna try and push this through still?
    edited June 2018
    Is this thing on hold too, or is it going ahead as planned @ambassadorkael#6946 ?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    I think they are counting a base acct of 2 characters for that maths.
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Well, account wide costume slot options are now officially gone :/
    zrdRBy8.png
    *closes wallet on buying costume slots *
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I do think it's funny that they think they can get this past us. I mean, do they think we don't understand how multiplicative scaling works? Players in this game?!? We talk about it practically every day xD

For once I agree with Spinny. We're CHAMPIONS players, for the love of Grond! Our MMO is based on one of the most math intensive PnP games of all time!
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • mettrekmettrek Posts: 20 Arc User
    We're changing our Costume Slot offerings in the Z-store, so you can get more costumes for less!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10916793

You can stick this in the same place I told you to stick your new plan to get rid of subs.

Congratulations on killing the game by alienating and punishing your loyal customers. You guys are the worst.