test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Reminder To The Playerbase About The Premium Pack and Sub Changes

Kaiserin is a dev, ie. she does the techy stuff pressing some buttons and making the game fun to play.

Monetary decisions are not her call.

So be civilised and don't take your (very valid) frustration on her.

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    And who exactly would you like us to vent to? Please put the @name in here
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    What I am saying is don't behave like psychopathic manchilds and harass her on discord or ingame z(o3o)z

We have a dev that is trying. Swordsman and Jade Dynasty couldn't say the same.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    IDK but I am pretty sure most of this stuff comes from PWI... our lowly devs likely heard of all these changes for the first time yesterday.(or you know...give or take a week or so...)

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I haven't seen anyone blaming her for it. S'fine.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 740 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    What I am saying is don't behave like psychopathic manchilds and harass her on discord or ingame z(o3o)z

We have a dev that is trying. Swordsman and Jade Dynasty couldn't say the same.

Yeah I don't blame her for it. I'm more concern if CO will still be alive now if they start killing off their games.
  • Options
    vylmavylma Posts: 61 Arc User
    Kaiserin is the only who seems to care so I'm certainly not going after her. Critics are directed at PW not at her.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    And who exactly would you like us to vent to? Please put the @name in here

The people responsible are people you cannot reach. Even if you did manage to get the message through I doubt they would care. They're suits, they're used to getting flak for what they do.
  • Options
    Yes...but as someone who was the face and middle man of a company, you get the heat.

Maybe if they had an actual CS dept, they could handle this backlash. But they don’t...if it wasn’t Kais I’d probably yell at Biff.

You know....because he owns like 65% stock in CO. Legend has it...he owns a ranch that has a full replica of Therakial Temple.

But these changes are garbage...and they know it.
  • Options
    I hear Biff's actually a lizard man in a human skin suit.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    But these changes are garbage...and they know it.

Do they though? thinking-face_1f914.png

I think it's more likely that in the year or so they were discussing these changes there was somehow never anyone around to mention how insane it was to introduce the potential of someone's entire stable of FF characters becoming permanently unavailable.

If they knew how bad that was then they would already have a solution for that in place. The fact that they don't leads me to believe they actually aren't aware of how big of a deal that is.

I find it hard to believe that a group of business professionals came to the conclusion that a player put in this position would happily start buying FF slots or LTS. Or I dunno.. maybe I just don't want to believe it because I don't want CO's future to be in the hands of crazy people.
  • Options
    Then we are worse off then I thought.
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 740 Arc User
    Now I'm actually worried if Kaiserin would still be working for the game seeing she was one of the reason why this game lasted for so long.
  • Options
    Would still be working for the game.....what? Do you mean “will be” working for the game?

And oh, I didn’t realize that. What did she do?
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    You think this is PWI's fault?

Yeah, sure, and I'm sure the decision not to grandfather in freeform slots when the game went F2P originally was also PWI's fault. Oh, wait that happened before the sale.

Of course it was Cryptic's decision, and don't bet on them changing it. They had 7 years to change it and didn't. Now you all know how those of us that had our freeforms locked felt back then.
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    Time to remind Cryptic they have people above them: parent company Perfect World International overseas relations department global@wanmei.com , employee complaint department wubijubao@wanmei.com

Remind them that this is not their private little plaything but a product we pay for and they are employed to provide.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Kaiserin is a dev, ie. she does the techy stuff pressing some buttons and making the game fun to play.

Monetary decisions are not her call.

So be civilised and don't take your (very valid) frustration on her.

Indeed, don't bother her and ranting will not do you any good anyway.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    folv#5303 folv Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Kaiserin came into the discord to pretty much paint our concerns in a bad light by saying we were, "Tinfoil Hat"ing (theorizing our conspiracies about the changes and the reasons therein).

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way. Many people have pointed out that this has happened before, and the effects of the changes are about as transparent as they could be given the circumstances. This being said, I don't disagree that a certain level of respect and reasonable discourse should be offered. Though I find it a bit unfair to insinuate that we should leave someone out of it when they themselves actively jumped into the chat to throw in their opinion; especially when they have development ties to the game we are discussing. At that point, it's fair game. And I can only hope Kaiserin herself would agree with that sentiment if she is a fair and honest person.
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Posts: 86 Arc User
    folv#5303 wrote: »
    Kaiserin came into the discord to pretty much paint our concerns in a bad light by saying we were, "Tinfoil Hat"ing (theorizing our conspiracies about the changes and the reasons therein).

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way. Many people have pointed out that this has happened before, and the effects of the changes are about as transparent as they could be given the circumstances. This being said, I don't disagree that a certain level of respect and reasonable discourse should be offered. Though I find it a bit unfair to insinuate that we should leave someone out of it when they themselves actively jumped into the chat to throw in their opinion; especially when they have development ties to the game we are discussing. At that point, it's fair game. And I can only hope Kaiserin herself would agree with that sentiment if they are an honest person.

Tell Kaiserin that this is the same nonsense Cryptic pulled 7 years ago and that the playerbase won't fall for it again. It's not tinfoil hatting anything. Confront her with that and see what she has to say. It's bullshit and it will be the death of the game, that's no conspiracy. It's history repeating itself.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way. Many people have pointed out that this has happened before, and the effects of the changes are about as transparent as they could be given the circumstances. This being said, I don't disagree that a certain level of respect and reasonable discourse should be offered. Though I find it a bit unfair to insinuate that we should leave someone out of it when they themselves actively jumped into the chat to throw in their opinion; especially when they have development ties to the game we are discussing. At that point, it's fair game. And I can only hope Kaiserin herself would agree with that sentiment if they are an honest person.

Tell Kaiserin that this is the same nonsense Cryptic pulled 7 years ago and that the playerbase won't fall for it again. It's not tinfoil hatting anything. Confront her with that and see what she has to say. It's bullshit and it will be the death of the game, that's no conspiracy. It's history repeating itself.

As I mentioned, she popped in to make a few comments and shortly after popped right back out earlier today in the discord. I have no quarrel with individual developers of this game and won't be hunting them down with my questions. My guess is that she is very likely to read these posts from what I've gathered from her reputation so she will likely see your defense as well. But I entirely agree which exactly why the comment was so off-putting to me.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It can't be much fun being the public face of CO at the moment, so my sympathies to Kaiserin and the rest of the team. It hasn't helped that the original information on these changes was incomplete and ever so slightly weasel-worded ("this facility will no longer exist", indeed. :) )

Tip: if you want to defuse most of the anger, just add a Gold Player Pack to the Zen Store. It can cost a little more than the current monthly sub if you like, say 1000, 1250Z. That item would give you a month's access to all your existing Gold content, and could be bought through the Arc platform whenever a player wanted. That way you won't lock people out if they can't keep up their subscriptions for a month or two, and you move people off the old Cryptic subs platform onto the new Arc one.
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way. Many people have pointed out that this has happened before, and the effects of the changes are about as transparent as they could be given the circumstances. This being said, I don't disagree that a certain level of respect and reasonable discourse should be offered. Though I find it a bit unfair to insinuate that we should leave someone out of it when they themselves actively jumped into the chat to throw in their opinion; especially when they have development ties to the game we are discussing. At that point, it's fair game. And I can only hope Kaiserin herself would agree with that sentiment if she is a fair and honest person.

Not surprising, I knew it was surely the beginning of the end when they hired a troll to be a developer. Rarely does hiring a player workout well for a game as they generally just start treating it like a personal kingdom for them and their friends( anyone else recall Dev tokens being traded in for Questionite?). As I mentioned a few posts up, contact the parent company because Cryptic will not listen and needs to be reminded who they work for.
    ~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

Not surprising, I knew it was surely the beginning of the end when they hired a troll to be a developer

Wait, you predicted a 9 year old game would eventually die?

w0w u a wizurd hairy!

Although your clairvoyance powers need a lil bit fine tuning considering Kaiserin's been dev for a good part of 4-5 years now.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way.

This is not at all what happened. I've been following the conversation all day as much as I can and it's basically theories like "these changes are happening because they want to shut the game down and milk us for money one last time."

It's pretty safe to say that these changes aren't being made to squeeze hundreds of dollars out of the players' wallets before they pull the plug. It's evident that this is something that's becoming something of a policy (removing subscriptions) and the Champions team has little say over it.

Trust me, I don't like these changes, and it's literally the first time in (checking... 3204 days) that they've made a change to the way the game will be that I'm actually considering that I might stop playing. So I'm not in any way defending their choices. But the "tinfoil hat" comments come from people making up reasons for why they're doing this, especially when they're applying malicious intent to them. The conspiracy theories are not true and spreading that kind of talk around isn't helping anything, and it sounds silly anyway.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    Not surprising, I knew it was surely the beginning of the end when they hired a troll to be a developer. Rarely does hiring a player workout well for a game as they generally just start treating it like a personal kingdom for them and their friends( anyone else recall Dev tokens being traded in for Questionite?). As I mentioned a few posts up, contact the parent company because Cryptic will not listen and needs to be reminded who they work for.

This comment is absurd.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Fun facts: Most developers also play their own game(s). Most game companies want developers they hire to be familiar with the game(s) they'll be working on.

Source: Just about any developer job opening for currently-deployed games will mention that familiarity with the product is either required or preferred. PWE doesn't seem to have any developer-oriented openings at the moment, so here's one for Heroes of the Storm. Note the very first requirement: Knowledgeable and passionate about Heroes of the Storm. You don't get to be "knowledgeable and passionate" about a game without also being an avid player.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options

I lose a certain level of respect for someone who immediately dismisses the concerns of others with a simple and sarcastic suggestion that your fears are somehow crazy in some way.

This is not at all what happened. I've been following the conversation all day as much as I can and it's basically theories like "these changes are happening because they want to shut the game down and milk us for money one last time."

It's pretty safe to say that these changes aren't being made to squeeze hundreds of dollars out of the players' wallets before they pull the plug. It's evident that this is something that's becoming something of a policy (removing subscriptions) and the Champions team has little say over it.

Trust me, I don't like these changes, and it's literally the first time in (checking... 3204 days) that they've made a change to the way the game will be that I'm actually considering that I might stop playing. So I'm not in any way defending their choices. But the "tinfoil hat" comments come from people making up reasons for why they're doing this, especially when they're applying malicious intent to them. The conspiracy theories are not true and spreading that kind of talk around isn't helping anything, and it sounds silly anyway.

This is exactly what happened. And it is exactly what was said... she used a tinhat foil emoji. If people are going to hop in here and deny this happened when you can quite literally hop in to the discord channel and check the chat history then I am going to start getting a bit more defensive...

And considering this exact thing has happened before there is absolutely no reason to believe that isn't what is happening. This isn't a business move that pushes things forward. I've seen these moves made before in other titles and it is always EXACTLY for the reason of milking the community dry until the inevitable closure of the servers. Before yesterday, everyone was on the bandwagon of, "they obviously don't care about this game/they are just leaving servers open while it's still profitable/customer service is borderline nonexistent". Yet somehow now it is a "conspiracy theory" to think upper management of the games sales division may not have ill intentions in terms of deciding to push a plan that forces everyone to spend more money? No matter what, costume slots will now have to be purchased at some point since they are no longer obtainable through in game means (which costs more $$$ for everyone including pre-gold and LTS). Freeform slots will now be locked out behind a LTS paywall, an individual $50 paywall, or a forced persistent membership until the day the subscription ends one way or another (in which case you'd again be locked behind another paywall). Do I really need to defend these theories? Content we have paid for that existed previously is being made much less accessible/attainable 10 years down the road. That's absurd.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I saw the comment. She asked to cool down on the “tin foil hat” stuff
  • Options
    It's still there.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    See, your problem is that you're saying with complete certainty that these changes are being made because they're planning on shutting the game down. At least that's what it sounds like.

Saying "they're doing this to make more money" isn't a conspiracy theory. That's something you could say about businesses in general. Saying "they're doing this to get as much money as possible before the planned shutdown" is conspiracy theory.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.