test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Single Blade revamp - some rando power suggestions

aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
With the upcoming Single Blade revamp, I thought I'd just throw out some possible, non-rotation powers to make Single Blade seem a bit, I dunno, fuller? So yeah, here:

Hungering Blade
Tier: 1
Range: Targets foe/10 feet
Activate Time: 0.5
Maintain: 3.5
Description: Deals Slashing damage to the target and heals you every 0.5 seconds. The target is also Snared while this power is maintained. (Blade-themed Devour Essence reskin--animation should be something like plunging your sword into the target and holding it there for the duration of the maintain, or just pointing your sword at them while drainy glowy stuff happens)
[2] Muramasa: The target is rooted for the duration of the maintain and the healing effect is increased by 150%(?) against Wounded targets
[1] *Accelerated Metabolism: Sometimes returns energy.
[1] *Challenge!: Generates extra threat.

Wind Blade
Tier: 2
Range: Targets foes (5 max)/50 feet/60 degree Cone
Activate Time: 0.83
Click
Cooldown: 10
Description: Deals Slashing damage and Knocks targets to you. If not affected by any Bleeds, applies a stack of Bleed. (Particle Wave reskin)
[2] Shadow Sword: Applies Fear to the target. If they are already affected by Fear, applies Psychotic Break, Stunning them briefly and dealing Dimensional damage every second for 16 seconds.
[2] Chi Conduit: Applies Chi Flame to the targets.

Sword Dance
Tier: 2
Range: Targets foes (5 max)/10 feet/200 degree Cone
Activate Time: [0.67,0.67,0.67]
Click
Description: Deals Slashing damage to the targets, increasing over the course of the combo hit (3 combo hits total). Finishing the combo refreshes any Bleeds on the target. Applies a stack of Bleed to the target if they aren't already affected by Bleed. (Inspired by Bullet Ballet--not intended for the optimal Single Blade rotation, but a nice alternative and a moderately-decent combo option for those who like combos)
[2] Dark Sword: This power now deals half of its damage as Slashing and half as Dimensional, and finishing the combo against a Feared target applies a stack of Dependency. The dimensional damage portion may (or may not) benefit from Chi Flame for possible Unarmed synergy.
[2] Firebrand: Finishing the combo applies Clinging Flames to targets.
[2] Frostbrand: Finishing the combo applies Chilled to targets.
[] undefined: undefined

---
Tier 1: 1
Tier 2: 2
Total Powers: 3​​
(Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).

Comments

• Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    Yes to more powers into single blade set. And alternatives for blade set main powers (bleed stacking combo, bleed rupturing) would also be welcome.
    Would be cool to be able to make different single blade users chars with different skills and fighting styles.
    I like the single blade gimmick and i would appreciate to make more swordsman chars, but there s currently not enough variety in skillset to make em significantly distinctive from each other.
    Do not hesitate to borrow animations from other sets if needed (laser sword, tk sword, and dual sword), and use it for new single blade attacks .