test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 5/11/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in Release Notes
Misc
  • Addressed an issue with players being unable to get past the patcher if they updated to a recent windows 10 update.

Nemesis
  • Fixed a bug where a phase in the alert was causing a massive dodge debuff to be applied.
  • Increased Nemesis Recognition rewards to 4 (from 3).
  • Added a small pause in the initial waves of Nemesis in the hallway.
  • Fixed a bug where multiple reward types could be granted.
  • Fixed a bug where rewards would be granted on a failed run.
  • Fixed a bug where the daily mission could not be turned in. (The mission will reset due to this fix and go on its initial cooldown, we apologize for the inconvenience).
  • Fixed a bug where the Action Figures cost old Nemesis tokens.
  • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Oblivion perk was not displaying a count.
​​

Comments

• Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yay, bug fixes :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    [quoteFixed a bug where a phase in the alert was causing a massive dodge debuff to be applied.][/quote]

I hope this explains why Masterful Dodge seemed to do nothing for me :'(

• Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    melphyx2 wrote: »
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Oblivion perk was not displaying a count.
    ​​

Does Its means characters that fought Shadow Destroyer over 200 times could have Oblivion perk already?

I got the perk Shadow Obliterator on one of my characters the moment I logged in after the patch, so it looks like if you have already done the prerequisites for the perk you will get it automatically.

• Options
    grunspelgrunspel Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thank you all (developers, testers, etc.) once again for your hard work. I was one of those affected by the Windows 10 update. It's good to be back in Millennium City once again. =)
  • Options
    solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Bug: Shadow Obliterator is displaying 1/10 progress for me, yet I've done it 6 times semi-recently. Buddy of mine on the other hand got 16/50
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I have done many Shadow Destroyer defeats and only have 1/10 as well.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    Shadow Destroyer is an old perk, and was likely set up that you need to do a certain percent of damage to get credit for the perk.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Oh yeah, I think that under certain circumstances enemies can get launched over the top of the force field.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Except damage has never been an issue for me, so I really doubt thats why I'm stuck at 1/10 Shadow D's after the maintenance

2f8f63d2dac0e7fc8c0e7108d01d42b4.png

And on another note, /e Computercounter now stops after just a few seconds instead of looping forever
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    One of my toon doesnt have SaveTheEarth mission at Patil list.
    She is lvl40 and have many time sinse created.

img_126.jpg

Anyone with level requierement can queue for save the earth,
    but you need to have a nemesis created to have access to the daily mission
  • Options
    img_127.jpg

I did 3 NemCon today and still in 46/50 .
    i suppose have 49 now... its a bug or i did something wrong?
    Why does the progress bar have a 10 on it? O-o'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Please remove the repel of the concussor beam of nemesis minions with power armor skills. It's too annoying!
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    That's the number of perk points it's worth.

I wonder if the perk stopped working after they revamped NemCon.
  • Options

Hmm, interesting theory. I only ran it once before the rework and sure enough I'm stuck at 1/10
  • Options
    doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Yeah, something isn't right. I've been having an issue with the old Shadow Destroyer perk not unlocking for awhile now, and it seems the issue has extended to the new perks as well. Despite many successful Nemcon runs, none of the Shadow Destroyer-related perks even appear in my list.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • Options
    Okay, we ran a nemcon to test. No-one made progress on shadow destroyer perk, though we did have someone get dimensional destroyer.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    @kaizerin What is going to happen with the Old Vigilance Mission?
    All my characters in live have the Old missions which didn't got updated to include the new alert
    Is that mission officially retired? should I discard it and take the new one?

I can wait until the Warlord alert to test if the mission can still be completed and be turned in for rewards but I don't want to end with the dissapointment of a broken mission (Reference to the original Cosmic Beatdown which after being replaced couldn't be awarded by the NPC)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    So I just looked and Phantasma has this:
    phantasmadestroyer_by_marhawkman-dcbdjmc.png
    I didn't see "Shadow Oblivion" anywhere in her list. Note: this is a new character that never did Nemcon before the change.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Fix one bug, another bunch appears. Just your average dev problems~

That Nemcon counter needs to be fixed soon.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Took a glance at the trigger conditions for the perk and it appears something broke it about a year ago. It can be fixed, but it will not retroactively grant you credit for defeats for the time the trigger condition has been broken.​​
  • Options
    doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    Took a glance at the trigger conditions for the perk and it appears something broke it about a year ago. It can be fixed, but it will not retroactively grant you credit for defeats for the time the trigger condition has been broken.​​

Thanks for checking. Won't be difficult making up for the uncounted Nemcons after the issue is fixed. :D
    Lemon-Scented Evil.
  • Options

I'm 23/50, practically half-way and don't mind the break from CO until it gets fixed. Take your time in making sure that no more unintended bugs happen.

image.png
    I didn't see "Shadow Oblivion" anywhere in her list. Note: this is a new character that never did Nemcon before the change.

Did you searched for "S" word?

The Shadow Destroyer/Obliterator/Oblivion will not appear until you finished NemCon once. My CCer also doesn't have said perks showing up in his perk window.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    image.png
    Did you searched for "S" word?
    I did not. I scrolled through the entire list. Aside from kill perks for Gladiators and Arena Guards, that was the only Nemcon related perk I saw.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I saw several Nem clues drop that I was able to pick up but could not open (had other requirements). Is this a bug, or were the clues for the other players?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I saw several Nem clues drop that I was able to pick up but could not open (had other requirements). Is this a bug, or were the clues for the other players?

Discard it. Nem clues that you can't open are from other players. If you keep it in your inventory, they'll never get a nem clue jntil you discard it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    I made a vid of me scrolling through Phantasma's perks list:
    https://youtu.be/vB1s8trnNak
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Oh for the love of god, Fix the Stolen-Bugged Nemesis Clues already, it completely breaks the nemesis progress
    Put a real life Timer on the clues so they will be vanished from the inventory
    You pick someone's else clue, Discard it ASAP or you will break that destinated player's nemesis mission progress forever​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Maybe tone down the strength of the Nemesis minions, or their spawn rate? They make getting beat down by Q-Horrors look more like they're babysitting me.

Otherwise, I do like the alert. Three low minions seeing me shouldn't mean I'm going to be shredded like cheese though.

So, if you REALLY want that many coming at the players, maybe make them as strong as when they pop up for getting clues. I mean, 30 or 45 attacking you is still something you can't just shirk off. Or if you REALLY want them that strong, slowing down their spawn rate would make the alert more enjoyable.

Right now it's like fighting against white-water rapids of pure ****-whooping. Yes, it's possible to succeed. That's not the issue I'm talking about.

Please seriously take this under consideration and not just glaze over it with a "meh".
  • Options

I think until the perk counter gets fixed, no one will get Shadow Destroyer perk. Have you done Nemcon recently?
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    I think until the perk counter gets fixed, no one will get Shadow Destroyer perk. Have you done Nemcon recently?
    On Phantasma? ONLY recently. It's a new character who didn't get to 40 until last week or so.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Oh, I have been discarding the clues. I just find it odd that this (people picking up other people's clues) is even a thing in the new alert. I am now wondering if other people have picked up clues for any of the toons I've run through it? Hopefully K. will make sorting this out something of a priority now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    So, if you REALLY want that many coming at the players, maybe make them as strong as when they pop up for getting clues.

You mean the ones that die if you say "boo"? >.>
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    So, if you REALLY want that many coming at the players, maybe make them as strong as when they pop up for getting clues.

That's in large part because they're henchman-level mooks.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Different minion types seem to vary substantially in difficulty.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Different minion types seem to vary substantially in difficulty.

I can concur on this one. With my main tank, full endgame gear, Defiance, Str-primary, Con-stacking for Juggernaut, some group of mobs are no problem at all, and some are dangerous like QWZ mobs. The difficulty varies quite greatly.

Also, in some instances, the mobs respawn very quickly, and in large numbers than the initial groups.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    On Phantasma? ONLY recently. It's a new character who didn't get to 40 until last week or so.

Then that proves my theory. No on can get Shadow Destroyer perk until the counter is fix.

Maybe you could try killing Shadow D in Resistance? Doubtful, but maybe that would trigger it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Then that proves my theory. No on can get Shadow Destroyer perk until the counter is fix.
    Can't get any of them, I suspect the perk is tied to a different critter ID.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Oh for the love of god, Fix the Stolen-Bugged Nemesis Clues already, it completely breaks the nemesis progress
    Put a real life Timer on the clues so they will be vanished from the inventory
    You pick someone's else clue, Discard it ASAP or you will break that destinated player's nemesis mission progress forever​​

My main's Nemesis is bugged now, after playing Champs for 7 years. I can't advance Nem missions anymore as of a few days ago.

Please fix this. With this new mission, this is going to become more of a problem.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

Maybe you could try killing Shadow D in Resistance? Doubtful, but maybe that would trigger it.
    I already did that. Seriously, pause the video at 0:07. :p "Archanist"... defeat Arcana in resistance. :p Beaconizer, Resistance Fighter, Shadow's End(1:53 Defeat Shadow Destroyer in Multifaria)

Now, I DID go to Multifaria BEFORE Nemcon. It probably doesn't matter... probably.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It is an alert it should not require uber gear or a specific build or group to over come, that is what the end content is for.

Endgame doesn't even require uber gear. As for that second one, that's not true either. People have completed the alert with 5 dps. All it takes is team work. While you were tanking all the mobs your teammates should have been clearing them off you - hopefully next time you get some better teammates. There's no reason a bad team should be guaranteed a win, alert or not.
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Yes exactly, glad you agree.