test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 5/10/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in Release Notes
Save the Earth!
  • We are launching a new alert this week! Your Nemesis has gotten a hold of a space station that can fire a deadly laser to the earth!
  • This alert will be available for 2 weeks then go into the regular special alert rotation.
  • It is suggested you have a Nemesis before running this alert! Although it will pick a default nemesis if the alert leader does not have one.
  • A new daily mission has been added to the Alerts coordinator for this Alert, you must have a Nemesis made to get this daily.
  • You must be level 25 to queue for the alert.
  • Added many perks for completing the alert in various ways and for kicking around the space rock.

This alert has three different ways to complete it once you hit the timed portion:
  • Defeating your Nemesis and inputting the laser shutdown codes from them.
  • Overriding all of the consoles and shutting down the laser manually.
  • Destroying the laser's core powersource.

These methods range in difficulty, and will grant rolls on different reward tables depending on which one you complete. You will not gain more currency or better rewards, but there will be different costumes, perks and other aesthetic options based on your choice.
  • Failing this alert will only grant you resources as a reward.
  • Completing this alert with any path grants XP, Resources, modifications and a small amount of Nemesis Recognition.

The following items also have a chance to drop:
Any completion:
  • Data Panel costume
  • Tech Guard costume
  • Crouch Idle emote

Nemesis completion:
  • Ray Gun weapon skin
  • Sleek Visor costume
  • Taunt Threaten emote

Shutdown Laser completion:
  • Hi Tech weapon skin
  • Block Visor costume
  • Proud Idle emote

Destroy core completion:
  • Prime Rifle weapon skin
  • Analytic Visor costume
  • Ready Idle emote

Nemesis
  • Nemesis Tokens have been retired. Because this currency has been around for so long without a currency cap and no real additions to the store we will not be offering any sort of conversion. The old nemesis store will stick around though so you can use any unspent Nemesis tokens there.
  • Nemesis Recognition will now drop in its place. This currency has a cap of 1000.
  • Updated the Nemesis store with some random gear and mod boxes, and consumable devices.
  • Added a costume store. Currently this store has costumes that can also be found in Nemesis Confrontation.
  • Added weapon skin store. This store currently has Brainscrambler and Fantasy Sword 1 weapon skins. New additions will be added to this store over the next couple weeks.
  • Some of these weapon skins used to drop in game. However, the ones featured in this store have been updated with additional categories, and do not share the same unlock as the old versions.
  • Fixed a bug where Thugs minions were missing Master Villain and Enforcer ranks.

Until Gateway Station
  • Added a alerts coordinator contact on the bridge.
  • Added Champion and Nemesis recognition stores.
  • Removed the Mechanon Coalition exchange store.
  • Moved the tailor into the lounge.

Misc
  • New loadscreen art!
  • Updated many large enemies to not display bleed and demolish fx.
  • The teleportation pad near Defender in the Renaissance Center now offers transport to the police station (where you can start your Nemesis missions) if you are level 25+.
  • Added additional perks for defeating Shadow Destroyer in Nemesis Confrontation.
  • The Vigilance missions now also requires completing the Save the Earth! alert.
  • Removed the fear animation from the npc fear debuff. There is a bug where the animation wasn't going away when the effect expired. When we know the cause behind this we will return the animation to the debuff.

Known Issues: Unfortunately (or some may view this as fortunate) the cutscenes for the alert are currently not working. This will be corrected next week. The 'story' of the alert may seem a little confusing without them.

The Nemesis Action Figure store is still using the token currency. This will be corrected next week.

We are aware of the old bug where players are unable to progress through their Nemesis arc if someone picked up one of their clues at some point. We are looking into ways to correct this issue and let players get back to doing their Nemesis stories.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    WHOOOHOOO!!! Can't wait to give it a go =D
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Neat. Was hoping this was launching today. Going to bug some friends of mine to give it a go. XD

Would be nice if there WAS a token conversion though, even if it was 5 Old Token for 1 New Token, but *shrug*.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Wait, doesn't the latter make the former moot?
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Save the Earth!
    • It is suggested you have a Nemesis before running this alert! Although it will pick a default nemesis if the alert leader does not have one.
    • A new daily mission has been added to the Alerts coordinator for this Alert, you must have a Nemesis made to get this daily.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    How so? You don't need the daily to run the alert.​​
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Nice job Kai. Thanks for the awesome updates so far :D​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Very nice update to Nemesis stuff and good looking costume pieces for the drops.

Kudos.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I see that we moved from Cybermind to Hi-Pan.... are you resetting Vigilance to add the new alert next week or...?​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    Ah. OK. All the "alerts" had me confused. I wonder how many people will create Nemeses with just the default costume? Guess time will tell.
    How so? You don't need the daily to run the alert.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    So let me get this straight. New gadget blaster weapon skins and love to Gadgeteers-great-...but no added Pulson RF Pistol weapon skin to Gadgeteer powers...You all made new skins but didn't port BACK over the skin from Munitions to Gadgeteers. Its more a Radio Frequency energy pistol (a ray gun) rather than a bullet firing weapon skin. Even if you put it in that weapon skin store, it will only unlock for Munitions at this time. Missed opportunity since this release gives love to Gadgeteers and weapon skins, in my opinion.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Reports coming in of a bug that says your inventory's full when trying to turn in the new daily
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    A for effort, guys.

F for execution.

Another unplayable, spammy mess that's going to eat anyone but endgame tryhards alive, with no real hint as to what needs done (cutscenes may help the latter, but nothing but a hard nerf and a serious re-evaluation of your audience will fix the latter).

Good work on giving the Nem system some love, at least.

I have to agree.

I didn't find it difficult to know what to do per se, but I had the advantage of playing with people who'd clearly done it once before.

This issue is a icouldn't do this on my "main"* because she's not a tank and don't have maxed out gear. Roleplayers loose I guess.

My melee tank survived but jesus it's annoying.

Pluses +

It's an alert so it's short.
    Nemesis content woot!
    Lots of rewards

Minuses -

It's short and unsoloable, It's an alert. So it's only kinda content.
    Generic Nemesis suck and look terrible.
    Rewards are kind of meh.
    Can't turn in the quest.
    The damage output of the enemies and sheer volume of them make non-defensive passives usless sans tank..
    Thus you better use a pre-made group or a tank.

*said main has no trouble doing through Gravitar btw, if that gives you an idea what her gear is like.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The alert is fine with out cutscenes.

As for the actual alert, much like the other custom alerts this one isn't worth nor fun enough to do more then once. 3 nem tokens is pitiful
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Great stuff, I'm happy to see Nemesis getting some love. Also the new costumes look very cool!
    Thank you! :+1:
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Some bugs:

- Alert is giving drops even on failure. Not just the generic drop table but also can drop the path specific tables (someone got the Analytic Visor this way, which is from destroy core method)
    - Some people seem to suffer FPS impact upon entering the turret room, which persists even after leaving the alert till you restart your client.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Also regarding the Alert's difficulty, the "Elites" you guys are talking about suggested making it easier, and Kaiserin did so by reducing the number of spawns and the respawn speed of minions and reducing the Hp on shields. The majority of those players realised that this alert was meant for pug and thus provided feedback the best they could with that idea in mind (you can check the PTS threads if you don't believe me)

The 2 test teams I was in even went so far as to simulate low DPS conditions by having only 1 ranged DPS attack to decide whether a Nem passive was too strong or too weak. But there's only so much that this feedback can cover. For future patches I think it will be great if more people jump into PTS to test and provide their own individual feedback.

A lot of the people in this thread who are not happy with the current difficulty are LTS or Gold, so your feedback could help prevent that next time.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Also regarding the Alert's difficulty, the "Elites" you guys are talking about suggested making it easier,
    Here's one of my personal comments on it:
    Yeah, given the caliber of character we were using for testing, the mission SHOULD have been a cakewalk. When it goes live we won't even be guaranteed to have level 40 characters running it. IIRC lowest you can do custom alerts is 30? so.. yeah.
    Seriously, we were testing it with characters that go Cosmic hunting. The sort of guys who'd be reasonably expected to curb stomp Duratok and Ironclad in Forum Malvanum. If it was in any way challenging to a team like THAT, then level 25 PUGs will get annihilated. Yes, really, this custom alert is for level 25+.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xile#3292 xile Posts: 8 Arc User
    Please remove this crap from vigilance.
  • Options
    shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Got a couple bugs (that might have been mentioned and maybe people know about):
    - Cant turn in the mission to Patil. He keeps saying my inventory is full.
    - I got a nemesis clue that says I have to meet other conditions to do it. I don't know if that is the previously mentioned story arc bug thing or what.

Something that I don't think was a bug but was an issue is that someone had minions that had some laggy effects that when they were all spawning made me feel like one of the guys with Leeroy Jenkins ("I can't move"). I adjusted my settings, but that didn't seem to help much (I might have been doing the wrong setting as well).

As for the mission itself, you might have to go the old school route of building a balanced team. Heck, might even want to talk to your friends and see what y'all got when building a team.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    - I got a nemesis clue that says I have to meet other conditions to do it. I don't know if that is the previously mentioned story arc bug thing or what.
    discard it immediately, you can't use it because it's not yours.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    How I feel when I learned that Nemcon Costume pieces are gonna be in vendor:
    CraftyGlaringArizonaalligatorlizard-max-1mb.gif
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    A lot of the people in this thread who are not happy with the current difficulty are LTS or Gold, so your feedback could help prevent that next time.
    Bluntly, when you do so and nothing ever comes of it you eventually quit bothering.

Basically that. I comment and test when I have time, the same people yell over me of how I'm wrong and how successful and correct they are. What I saw was well covered by other posters, so yep didn't comment as I know me saying something is hard starts a fight with those who just want to argue and derail posts.

Good to see we got a TP up over the lightning floor, I don't really feel a change in Nem goon amount / strength with. If anything the down shift is totally removed by move to less prepared groups.
    Seriously, we were testing it with characters that go Cosmic hunting. The sort of guys who'd be reasonably expected to curb stomp Duratok and Ironclad in Forum Malvanum. If it was in any way challenging to a team like THAT, then level 25 PUGs will get annihilated. Yes, really, this custom alert is for level 25+.

Same, my limited groups all copied in their cosmic hunter and played with tanks and healer present at 40. Same, suggested playing it with all dps with the group i had, no go.

Heck, someone even posted reminding to test down (next post standard "you're wrong and i'm successful"), glad some claim to attempted. Personally I did not manage to get my "hey lets all play level 20's in debugger gear and get pwned' group together.

To get hate train going on testing:
    Suggest In future tests with under 40 events
    a) wipe PTS
    b) stop option to copy characters
    c) remove all cosmic, and modifiable items for testing window.

Only way you'll get an authentic test.
  • Options
    I tell you what would go great with these new ray gun weapon skins; single pistol powers.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I've been pugging this repeatedly with constant success. Ya'll need to spend less time complaining and more time gaming.
  • Options
    Small typo. When you have the pop up for selecting Vigilance it still refers to needing to complete 7 custom alerts, when there are now 8.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    This alert kind of sucks. I did it in a PUG and we won, but... Ew. *sigh* I guess I should have known this would be disappointing. Not even going to bother talking about why I didn't like it since I doubt it will be changed.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    This is a pressing concern.
    The Nem Minions' spawn rate can cause severe drop in FPS. I was in a PUG and a tank was aggroing them while laser consoles were being shutdown. every time I come close to that massive clusterfk my fps drops to like 1-5.

Might want to tone it down a bit.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options

Bluntly, when you do so and nothing ever comes of it you eventually quit bothering.

This was my experience back in the day. I recall having some rants about the class of people that firmly believe that difficult = fun and how test is full of them.

Don't get me wrong, some of the content is intended for end game Cosmic RoflStomping people.

However alerts shouldn't be it.

But PTS was a clique-ish place, hopefully that would change, and maybe it has.. but the content they're testing still ends up in the "if it ain't hard it ain't fun" kind of feel.

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options

spinnytop wrote: »
    I've been pugging this repeatedly with constant success. Ya'll need to spend less time complaining and more time gaming.
    (next post standard "you're wrong and i'm successful")

Someone pick up the d@mn phone, ordinaryplayer f^cking called it.

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    When I try to resolve the new alert with the Alerts Coordinator after completion I get the following messages:

Unable to resolve mission "Alerts: Save the Earth!".
    Inventory full.

My inventory is not full, so I assume that I somehow have an item that I can only have one of, but I have no extra items that would appear to block the resolution of the mission. I have 3 Nemesis Recognition and 26 Nemesis Token.

Any clue what the deal is?
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    The AF tab still costs old nemesis tokens instead of the new ones, even though the "retired nemesis store" already has them there, so there are two spots to buy AFs with the same old currency instead of the new one.

Other than that, amazing job!
  • Options
    The Nem Minions' spawn rate can cause severe drop in FPS. I was in a PUG and a tank was aggroing them while laser consoles were being shutdown. every time I come close to that massive clusterfk my fps drops to like 1-5.

This has more to do with the powerset than number (spawns are fixed to not go beyond a certain point). What powerset were they using?​​
  • Options

This has more to do with the powerset than number (spawns are fixed to not go beyond a certain point). What powerset were they using?​​

It was Super Strength/Might. Their "Throw Rock" attack might be whats causing it if it's not their numbers.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Someone pick up the d@mn phone, ordinaryplayer f^cking called it.

Anyone could call it. The fact that people are steamrolling this alert in pugs on day 1 means the complainers are in fact wrong. Hell, some of us were relishing the incoming flood of complaints days ago ( and quite frankly we're a bit disappointed, we were expecting a lot more complaining, step it up! ).
  • Options
    so, any particular reason we are currently on hi-pan when GRAB the money and run should've been up next?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    I thought Harmon Labs was next ;putsinnocentface:
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    so, any particular reason we are currently on hi-pan when GRAB the money and run should've been up next?​​

Hopefully because they decided to skip the boring alerts.
  • Options
    except now the boring one is going to be rotating back in one week from now, and after i just got done dealing with that **** 2 weeks ago​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    This alert will roflstomp any team made up of undergeared lvl 25 toons. The alert needs a tuning pass to ensure it's more puggable if you're going to add it the Vigilance mission. Especially if you're going to stick with the pitiful rewards at the end. There is nothing about the risk that is worth the reward being provided.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    My review of the mission ignoring the can't turn in glitch:

The first part is fairly self explanatory though at first I thought the green shield was toxic goo and was afraid to stand on it to turn off the consoles. Maybe blue would be a less questionable color. There are a STUPID amount of goons summoned and they could use to have their HP turned down just a bit TBVH.

The second part is mostly annoying because you had to go with Knock Back again and many times when you get back up there you get blasted off before you have a chance to block. Also it can be hard to find the hard point of the shields to hit sometime. Adding in something visual to indicate where they are would be nice. Like the Green Pillars could all be where they are at and they could go dark when killed? Something of this sort.

The last part is confusing. First, nothing in the mission makes it clear what you are supposed to do. So most of the time people just do everything and finish nothing. The Zero G thing is like a flaming middle finger to Melee combatants and generally just massively annoying. If there is an order to how to shut off the panels then it is not really marked anywhere I could see. Once you kill the force fields to shoot the laser targeting the laser itself is nearly impossible because it is an object. You managed to make the Force Fields from part 2 target pretty high on priority so please do whatever you did with them to the Laser core.

Lastly, Zero G after it is over is a major insult to injury because getting your reward can be rather hard while you slide all over the place hoping to nail the right spot with the belt.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Because what is easy for endgame Cosmic hunters and others with endgame levels and gear

You think that's who the queue pairs me up with every single time? I did say pugging. Don't worry, people will pass you by in this content just like they did other content. In a week people will be like "heh, who was complaining about this being hard, surely not me!" just like every other time.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    This new alert is garbage
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    This alert will roflstomp any team made up of undergeared lvl 25 toons.
    Fatal Error and Harmon do a pretty good job of killing undergeared level 25s too, and they won't get past DuraClad in Forum Malvanum either. Reality is, assuming there will be level 40s in an alert is reasonable.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    tangent90 wrote: »
    When I try to resolve the new alert with the Alerts Coordinator after completion I get the following messages:

Unable to resolve mission "Alerts: Save the Earth!".
    Inventory full.

My inventory is not full, so I assume that I somehow have an item that I can only have one of, but I have no extra items that would appear to block the resolution of the mission. I have 3 Nemesis Recognition and 26 Nemesis Token.

Any clue what the deal is?

I am having this same problem.

Fatal Error and Harmon do a pretty good job of killing undergeared level 25s too, and they won't get past DuraClad in Forum Malvanum either. Reality is, assuming there will be level 40s in an alert is reasonable.

This is a good point.

I believe people will not be having so much trouble with this alert once more people figure out what they are supposed to be doing.(the cutscenes might help with that...but I doubt it because nobody pays attention to cutscenes.)

• Options
    Ye, people are already figuring stuff out. It turns out the people who spend more time actually trying the alert than complaining about it quickly find out what they need to do to succeed in it!
  • Options

Warlord has been nerfed significantly since it's release, a gorup of undergeared 25s or even mixed with lvl 40s, will have a much easier time getting through Harmon and FE then they would ever going through this crappy alert.

Most groups undergeared groups with out a tank and healer won't make it past the first ramp.