test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make a dance into a power.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Make a power where you maintain it and the animation while maintaned is a dance.

example:

Seduction
Infernal
Maintained

While maintained this power Incapacitates surrounding enemies. Uses the Dance_Snake emote.

Advantage: Don't You Know That You're Toxic? - When you finish maintaining the power, all targets have Debilitating Poison applied to them.

Advantage: Boom Boom Boom - When you finish maintaining the power, all targets are knocked back.

Advantage: My Milkshake - While maintaining this power all targets are drawn closer to you.

Comments

• Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Nah, just take the cocktail dance from STO and make people pay money for it. Would make a bank.
  • Options
    ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    i don't know what dance would be appropriate, or a good name but...
    Advantage: It's Electric - While maintaining this power, x% chance per tick to apply negative ions to nearby enemies and deal a small amount of damage.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I highly approve of this suggestion!
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    This is interesting, and could be a good start for more dance based powers.

That could be cool to be able to build chars based on a "siren", or "mystic shaman dancer" gimmick; could be working like Final Fantasy dancer class, various maintained skills for team buffing , foes debuff and crowd control , heal and damage over time, and bonuses advs for full maintained dances.

We got a rez fitting the dance theme, a bunch of dances emotes in game to make power animations, even a short one for thematic Active offense or defense power ( the "Spacewalk (spin)" one).

And summer approaches, so if devs need to make money with someting thematic in the process to be motivated, maybe a support/Hybrid dancer AT, and a lockbox with dancer attire and Shakihana, your support/CC dancer sidekick who can hypnotize foes with her booty dance.

I digress...

A lot of potential in OP suggestion, i support.

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Advantage: My Milkshake - While maintaining this power all targets are drawn closer to you.
    Please no.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    i want a channeled 360d PBAOE breakdancing power that has knockdown - kind of like inexorable tides, but channeled and KD instead of KU​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    well, that'd be the flare dance. that definitely looks like it would knock down everyone around you
  • Options
    yeah, i was actually going to ask for a breakdance emote before i found out the flare dance was one...too bad it isn't on a loop like other dances

getting it as an actual attack would be great, though​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I heartily approve of channelling the Power of Interpretive Dance in this way. You could also use the Dance emotes to make a Ranged Sonic AT - the Metalhead (\m/) or the Raver (using the Rave costume set) for additional fun.