test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online

catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
Since Im unable to talk in STO forums anymore, I guess Ill share my STO screens and questions in an off topic thread...

RISA

My best toon in STO

Fleet Promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTfByuRuqc

Screenshot humor...from the Iconian mission where Kayless sings

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    That's a klingon.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Well, a Klingon would make a pretty awful cat-thing. I ought to try to get some screenshots of my STO toons - Capt. Hsriall, a Ferasan commanding IKS Wamwl', is I think a fairly good-looking "cat thing". :smile:

I do have a beauty shot of my very first T6 ship, the Yorktown-class USS Lorna Wing:

"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    spinnytop said:

That cat thing looks awful.

I didnt design it...but now i picture kaiserin doing a small victory dance in the STO section of cryptic after reading your post, "our pets are better! our pets are better!" d(^o^)b lol

That's a klingon.

Yup, thats a Klingon..and this is my game face;

Well, art is art, isn’t it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what else you know.
    jonsills said:

Well, a Klingon would make a pretty awful cat-thing. I ought to try to get some screenshots of my STO toons - Capt. Hsriall, a Ferasan commanding IKS Wamwl', is I think a fairly good-looking "cat thing". :smile:

I do have a beauty shot of my very first T6 ship, the Yorktown-class USS Lorna Wing:

I love those Flagships, very good tanks. When I began to play this account it came with a Feresan too, I renamed it 'Die Katz Von Hypermeow'

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

That cat thing looks awful.

You mean this?:

That's a Risian Caracal, aka, alien cat-monster.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    All cats are monsters
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The new expansion allows us to play as Jem'Hedar, but Im already one step ahead of them. I have one already ^_^

Using an alien base, he can be a First, Vorta or Changeling.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

All cats are monsters

I can't speak for all cats but I know mine are... each of them for a different reason n_n
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    I've not been on the STO forums in awhile but I've said some really dumb s**t there and never been perma banned. You must have posted some top tier dumb s**t :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    nepht said:

I've not been on the STO forums in awhile but I've said some really dumb s**t there and never been perma banned. You must have posted some top tier dumb s**t :D

Are you certain of that, or are you just wanting show your support for attacking me because my point of view and circumstance allowed me to get piled on? If anyone has ever raised chickens, you know if one of them gets an injury and they smell the blood, each chicken by instinct begins to peck at the wound until it bleeds it to death. This is a social trait in people too, when they label someone an opposing team or point of view...well, you've seen how sports fans and political/religious rivals clash! When you have someone in charge who is as eager to attack as the ones here who bombard the mods with their own "dumb s**t" in the hopes they are as willing to ban, to satisfy their bias win/kill. Then no one really wins, because helping to accomplish an evil against someone only furthers said prejudice...has Star Trek/RL history not taught anyone anything about ethics??

Now I'll thank you to not also use this tread as well as another dumping ground for snarky attacks. Respect its theme, if you cant post something on topic or restrain yourself from backhanded comments to satisfy this growing clannish grudge, just dont post.

• Options
    First Contact day; I went to the Phoenix event as Phoenix ^_^

• Options

nepht said:

Are you certain of that, or are you just wanting show your support for attacking me because my point of view and circumstance allowed me to get piled on? If anyone has ever raised chickens, you know if one of them gets an injury and they smell the blood, each chicken by instinct begins to peck at the wound until it bleeds it to death. This is a social trait in people too, when they label someone an opposing team or point of view...well, you've seen how sports fans and political/religious rivals clash! When you have someone in charge who is as eager to attack as the ones here who bombard the mods with their own "dumb s**t" in the hopes they are as willing to ban, to satisfy their bias win/kill. Then no one really wins, because helping to accomplish an evil against someone only furthers said prejudice...has Star Trek/RL history not taught anyone anything about ethics??

Now I'll thank you to not also use this tread as well as another dumping ground for snarky attacks. Respect its theme, if you cant post something on topic or restrain yourself from backhanded comments to satisfy this growing clannish grudge, just dont post.

Chickens got you banned? Did you not learn from Legend of Zelda? Don't f*** with the chickens.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    nepht said:

snip

You dont have to prove it to me, I believed what you said about your comments.

I notice the absence of the "just stop" people...curious..

• Options
    Now I am curious what did go down. Did you call Seven Of Nine ugly that never goes down well :P
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Star ships don't have speedometers so I couldn't do a "zero to warp 10 in under a second" thing.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    You know, Cat, just because someone doesn't agree with everything you say doesn't mean they're "attacking" you. And when a large group of people tell you you're talking nonsense, it might behoove you to consider that perhaps they're right, rather than assuming it's some sort of group attack upon you personally.

Were I you, I'd consider getting some counseling for that persecution complex. It's not attractive, and it tends to lead one astray from the path you seem to wish to follow.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    jonsills said:

You know, Cat, just because someone doesn't agree with everything you say doesn't mean they're "attacking" you. And when a large group of people tell you you're talking nonsense, it might behoove you to consider that perhaps they're right, rather than assuming it's some sort of group attack upon you personally.

Were I you, I'd consider getting some counseling for that persecution complex. It's not attractive, and it tends to lead one astray from the path you seem to wish to follow.

If this was about the discussion in the other thread, why have you brought it to this one? I left my verbal participation in that discussion, if you feared I would respond to any snarky comments people wished to get in rest assured i would read them without responding. Despite the accusation I once received, Im not about getting in the last word.

When people in large groups begin to insist you see things their way under threat of public ridicule, its generally a good sign to stay clear of such bad influence...im reminded of what Guinan said about "fitting in" during the Barclay holodeck episode. I mean really, after how much you guys downplayed getting info on the internet, you would then sit there and smugly tell me its always good to listen to a large group of people on the internet when they reject your position, because in large numbers they must be right! XD

As carefully worded as you made this you still basically refused to accept that you or anyone else that agreed with you could be wrong, all the blame was so conveniently put on me..."what was I thinking, how could I possibly be right when you guys are never wrong!" ...what was that Data said that time while also surrounded by a collective??

I never mentioned anything about persecution, if the history of others behavior brings such a definition to your thoughts, perhaps you are lecturing the wrong cat. I think what offends people the most is i have something you inwardly desire but will never reach because it would require you to leave the collective comfort zone and be subject to the same ridicule, i do not fear it. Thinking outside the box and embracing personal liberty is a reward if i hold onto it....lol, like Worf in the Jemhedar arena. I may not look like much after a public beating, but i will remain on my feet and retain my principles. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...its not the approval of the world I seek, its the approval of my King, and the type of bride he wants isnt subject to man!

Now may we get back to the point of this thread? The sooner we are past this, the soon things will go back to normal.

Im sure we could all appreciate using our time to enjoy the games and share our thoughts on the game other then petty bickering.
    Post edited by catstarsto on

• Options
    USS Marie Antoinette VS Borg Cube

• Options

I think what offends people the most is i have something you inwardly desire

It's this kind of thinking that seems to be at the root of what gets you in trouble. Talking about how you're better than everyone else while acting like they're all out to get you isn't a very persuasive position.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

I think what offends people the most is i have something you inwardly desire

It's this kind of thinking that seems to be at the root of what gets you in trouble. Talking about how you're better than everyone else while acting like they're all out to get you isn't a very persuasive position.
    No need to get defensive. Im sure you also believe like Jonsills that you guys are all better then me too, even flawless, but I realize pride is a virtue in the world today, I just find my strength from another source is all. Its my confidence in the one I consider perfect since I am not that allows me to hold my head up high without fear...because hes always there. ^_^

Reminds me of that line from DS9, when they asked Kira "That's the thing about faith... if you don't have it, you can't understand it and if you do, no explanation is necessary."

• Options
    edited April 2018
    So in reponse to me pointing it out, you do it even more o3o

Also as far as "pride is a virtue" I don't often see Jonsils talking about how great and special he is and telling other people they need to be more like him u3u hint hint
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    spinnytop said:

So in reponse to me pointing it out, you do it even more o3o

Also as far as "pride is a virtue" I don't often see Jonsils talking about how great and special he is and telling other people they need to be more like him u3u hint hint

Ether you guys arent understanding me or you're just not going to be satisfied until I come over to your way of thinking, if i felt you guys should follow my faith, it would be you who come to me to ask more...thats how I know the door is open to share. Ive not seen evidence of another Christian in champs, its a tough crowd but I dont mind being different....it gives everyone something to talk about, just please, when you come to break the ice with me, dont do it over my head lol

The discussion in the globalization thread though, should remain there, please dont derail this one like you did the gif one. I understand part of a prideful way of thinking is you believe you are always right, I dont have that same confidence in myself since i am only human and have no delusions of being more then I really am, nor is my independent thought based around a self important worth. My master is where my worth stems from so its his will over mine that matters. Do you understand where im coming from yet? I fear the language barrier is always going to be an issue...1 Corinthians 2:14

• Options

Cat your looking way to much into this. You said you got banned from the STO forums without telling us why. We just got curious and you went full Dale Gribble. You can't tell us something happened then leave it on a cliff hanger.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    @bluhman
    @carrionbaggage

Someone put this thread out of its misery.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Ether you guys arent understanding me or you're just not going to be satisfied until I come over to your way of thinking

Far as I can tell people are just annoyed at your constant claims of persecution and holier-than-thou attitude. If you just learned that it's okay if people criticize your beliefs it would solve a lot. Also if you learned that your beliefs only make you different, not superior.
This discussion has been closed.