test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy with the new Max 35 Cap ?

2»

Comments

• No, i see no reason for it and want the 50 Cap back.
    deadman20 said:

Yeah, it sucks when things get downsized, but I'd take that solution over the game's content becoming unplayable due to limitations being overmatched.
    .​​

Yup it sucks. But "No I see the reason for it, but think they messed it up" wasn't a poll option.

So like i said no on a scale of no to **** NO.

I will miss Kigas storm failing due to the limitations, that thing is blinding.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Yes , i don't really mind.

Yes something stops does in fact stop scaling! Direct Damage to Tanks. At 1 player. CC timing, stops scaling at 1 player. Number of hearts and dogs, scales at 1 player. Need for dog pullers, off tanks.

None of this has been adjusted relative to party size, yet the probable number of available healers (buffs, auras, heals), and tanks (main, off, pull) does as party size reduces from 100 to 35.

Short: If 4 standard tanks with 4 standard healers were needed at dino V1, we should be scaled down relative to party size everywhere. If hearts were meant to be shared, this should be fixed even if this a temporary situation, even just if done slightly (Not literally 1/3rd damage)

No it's not "fine" that one person can do it, don't settle for "fine" insist on good. P2P/P2W is not the answer (Ultimate tanks, ultimate CC'ers using drifter items, cash shop items)

The default number that the Cosmics were designed for was 20. You can still have 15 players more than that.
    They won't need to be adjusted in the ways that you're talking about until the zone cap is less than 20.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The cause for all this has been well known for years, but still every powerset revamp has been adding more status effects (or making existing stuff more common).

So while I don't mind the lower zone cap to much, I do think the devs should have done much more to lower the number of effects per player.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Think of the bright side, DEVs don't have to buff cosmics now to reflect the power revamps and the new DPS Potential every revamped powerframe brought :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqa wrote: »
    The cause for all this has been well known for years, but still every powerset revamp has been adding more status effects (or making existing stuff more common).

So while I don't mind the lower zone cap to much, I do think the devs should have done much more to lower the number of effects per player.

not having attacks or heals tick more than once per second would probably help too...of course, changing that now would mean having to go through pretty much EVERY channeled attack and heal in the game and changing their tick amount and damage/heal amount - and there's quite a few of them now​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Well, they're doing what they can. Grouping effects together and all that. If they're continuing to introduce new effects to pile on it means that they have some ideas about how to reduce the load as well. We are seeing more frequent instances of update notes talking about "stuff in the background that players won't see". I guess their desire to make cool new stuff that we can see that makes us have more fun is outpacing their ability to do the background stuff that people don't appreciate ;)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

None of this has been adjusted relative to party size, yet the probable number of available healers (buffs, auras, heals), and tanks (main, off, pull) does as party size reduces from 100 to 35.

That's a definite argument for a 35 zone cap. Cosmics don't have enough demand for non-DPS.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    spinnytop said:

Well, they're doing what they can. Grouping effects together and all that. If they're continuing to introduce new effects to pile on it means that they have some ideas about how to reduce the load as well. We are seeing more frequent instances of update notes talking about "stuff in the background that players won't see". I guess their desire to make cool new stuff that we can see that makes us have more fun is outpacing their ability to do the background stuff that people don't appreciate ;)

They should do more of the background stuff. I'd be fine with them hanging back on the cool new stuff for a bit to do some technical clean up (ofcourse I'm sure I'm alone in that suggestion). It's not like they are adding new cosmics, zones, lairs, storylines as part of the new stuff.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2018
    aiqa wrote: »

The number of effects that can be on a target has gone dramatically in the past few years.

Every set revamp sometimes brings in some new effect sure, but most of the time it's replacing 2+ existing ones.

Many debuffs and effects have had their duration lowered/standardized, this makes a big difference.

There was also a time when many debuffs had no caps, which takes off a massive amount of excess effects.

The difference between long ago and now is there weren't many situations where you could fight something long enough for it to really be noticable, and maintaining effects and debuffs wasn't a big deal. But the issue was always there, and if you paid attention to what you were doing in most of the open world event fights you'd notice barely anything you did registered.

We also optimize old effects where we can, like Chill. While chill only displays 1 stack on a target, it is in reality multiple effects. Chill used to take up *a lot* of resources, but now it's pretty cheap.

Right now the big offenders are stacking specializations, pets and onslaught gear (like slicer). We will address them in time.​​
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    No, i see no reason for it and want the 50 Cap back.

We (the players) don't allow ANY kind of pets during Cosmics fights,
    because ususally they break the CC on somthing they're not suppose to touch.
    kaizerin said:

Every set revamp sometimes brings in some new effect sure, but most of the time it's replacing 2+ existing ones.​​

It tends to be one effect people actually use replacing 2+ effects that people didn't use.
    diggot said:

I've never been stopped from bringing my pet toon.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

not having attacks or heals tick more than once per second would probably help too...of course, changing that now would mean having to go through pretty much EVERY channeled attack and heal in the game and changing their tick amount and damage/heal amount - and there's quite a few of them now​​

Prior to the PA revamp wasn't the maintain in that set something that ticked like 10 times a second or something?

Also I remember that one year where the Anniv Megas turned into a lag hole because of plasma shear stacking...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited April 2018

Also I remember that one year where the Anniv Megas turned into a lag hole because of plasma shear stacking...

I remember 90% of hits not registering; I think people getting disconnected from lag was a somewhat different cause, and of course critters turning invisible because of render limits was yet a third issue. Suffice it to say that the game has always had issues handling large fights, I remember Clarence turning invisible back in 2009.
  • most of the attacks in PA are maintains of sorts...and yes, they DID tick 10 times a second; now they tick 4 times​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    The 35 player cap has it's bad and good points when doing cosimcs.

The Bad: You sometimes can't get needed roles or players with experience in those roles, such as a decent Main tank, or CCer. or healers to support said tanks.

Overall DPS is lowered due to less players, therefor it takes longer to kill the cosmics.

The Good: Only one thing... because it takes longer more people participating have the chance to get the 100K minimum.
    @Powerblast in game
    chuckwolf said:

Overall DPS is lowered due to less players, therefor it takes longer to kill the cosmics.

35 people with the dps to pass checks (which scale with number of players) will drop a cosmic in under five minutes. If it takes longer than that, it's because of problems, and those usually get worse with more players:
    • The main things that make Kigatilik go badly are problems with CC and PCs dying during storms. The first doesn't meaningfully scale with player count, the second generally gets worse with more players.
    • The main things that make Qwyjibo go badly are people hitting hearts and badly placed lava patches. Both problems are increased with more players.
    • The main things that make Teleiosaurus go badly are tanking mistakes and missing dps checks. The first doesn't meaningfully scale with player count, the second is more likely at high player counts due to hits not registering.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    spinnytop said:

diggot said:

Yeah..but your pseudo pet build isn't the same as someone coming in with ALL THE PETS mayhem! The pets you use are high dps pets with short duration. They also tend to focus on one target and don't aggro all over the map. ;)
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • i used hydra all the time at cosmics when i was running lykanthrope through...of course, those are immobile and therefore can't do any harm, except possibly at ape after the hearts spawn; that's why i always stopped summoning them after they spawned​​
    #LegalizeAwoo

Yeah..but your pseudo pet build isn't the same as someone coming in with ALL THE PETS mayhem! The pets you use are high dps pets with short duration. They also tend to focus on one target and don't aggro all over the map. ;)

\o/
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    The pet power bar allows you control what your pets attack, you can just pacify them until the boss shows up to target

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

The pet power bar allows you control what your pets attack, you can just pacify them until the boss shows up to target

If they're controllable.

Anyways, I decided to find out what happens if you participate in Cosmic fights with a character of level 22.

Only difference in rewards is getting Until rec instead of SCR and GCR.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • No, i see no reason for it and want the 50 Cap back.
    So recanting my previous post the last couple of days I have noticed a upsurge in successful cosmics, looks like more people are stepping up into roles needed to run cosmics and becoming leaders. Also seen a lot more communicating on channels which is a positive. Having a smaller cap but more zones means I can do 3 cosmics in a much smaller times so ive changes my mind and all is good
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    You forgot: "I do Cosmics on the regular and don't really care."

The more they restrict the population, the more it becomes like an instanced zone.

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited April 2018

spinnytop said:

diggot said:

I have an ALL TEH PETS build and it does just fine and aggro what I want them to aggro.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

So recanting my previous post the last couple of days I have noticed a upsurge in successful cosmics, looks like more people are stepping up into roles needed to run cosmics and becoming leaders. Also seen a lot more communicating on channels which is a positive. Having a smaller cap but more zones means I can do 3 cosmics in a much smaller times so ive changes my mind and all is good

Ya don't say!!!???? I'm shocked, shocked I say. . .
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Ya don't say!!!???? I'm shocked, shocked I say. . .
    https://youtu.be/N4vIBijzg4w​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • capspectacularcapspectacular Posts: 12 Arc User
    I don't do Cosmics so i don't really care.
    I wish there was a 4th voting option of "I don't do cosmics,but I do care." I am often not on enough to get much joy out of cosmics; so, I don't do them, but that doesn't mean I am not sympathetic for those that do them, and I have left a zone when I have noticed the "please leave if not doing cosmic" if I notice them, but it reduces the quality of my own gameplay to do so; so, I think are larger cap would be better for all.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Smaller caps frequently spawn multiple zones. I think that's great.

I've also seen some players step up, out of necessity, who are new to a particular role....mostly tanks....and while these runs can have a few restarts or take a lot longer it is good to see people stepping up and eventually succeeding.

It is harder to get into a full zone, but I much prefer having this problem over the hits not registering one which by the way is not a common occurrence anymore. I have not noticed it all since the change.

I feel that overall the cap limit is a positive change.
    edited April 2018
    There needs to be a vote option that reads "Yes, and I think people who don't can't see a snot past their nose"
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Need an option for smaller caps fit on pointy heads better, not not big thick heads.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    lezard21 said:

There needs to be a vote option that reads "Yes, and I think people who don't can't see a snot past their nose"

Why would the snot be past your nose? u3u
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Thank goodness
    Lag is heavily reduced, hits are registering, and No crashes on my end.

Only bad thing is getting non-DPS roles to be available. Which is most definitely a reason why I feel cosmics and such should be Private quable on an instance basis like rampages.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    I will explain why I don't mind a 35 zone limit by showing you a link to a recent discussion in Neverwinter.

Please read this, speculation or hard fact encounter powers cause lags.

This is the wiki article I published to explain the issue.

The reduction could mean less lags for the game. However I look at it as, Cyptic can't afford a new computer server because the CEO needs to pay the maid and buy his gardener a limo. :D

banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    After its having been up for a few weeks, the 35 cap seems better to me than 50, and I kind of hope it becomes a permanent feature. The hits-not-registering bug has gone from a constant problem to an occasional annoyance, there's more GCR per rotation due to additional zone pops, and the lower player numbers help the cosmic fights to go more smoothly overall. I haven't had any trouble getting into the zones with the lower cap, since spamming zone change is still just as effective. The only downside I've seen is runs more frequently spending a longer time waiting for the necessary roles to be filled, but that's something the community can easily remedy if more people step up to try tanking, healing, and cc'ing.
    The new zone cap has already been factually proven to be good so there really is no longer a need for this topic.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    I'm not entirely convinced that cosmics shouldn't be instanced. Then the zone max wouldn't be a issue. Still, I don't really expect the devs to change this now, we'll just have to get used to it.

I'm not entirely convinced that cosmics shouldn't be instanced.

CO's known tech for instanced content works poorly beyond 5 players and doesn't seem to work at all beyond 10, so whether or not cosmics should be instanced, it's not really an option.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User

I'm not entirely convinced that cosmics shouldn't be instanced.

CO's known tech for instanced content works poorly beyond 5 players and doesn't seem to work at all beyond 10, so whether or not cosmics should be instanced, it's not really an option.
    Yet another reason I don't expect it to happen.
    Also GCR grind is structured around the time gate of the current respawn timers.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters