test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Unarmed Good?

I played several years ago and got the impression that Unarmed was one of the weaker melee sets. I recently returned and am wondering if Unarmed is good now.
I wonder if Single or Dual Blade might be better.

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Unarmed got recently revamped (2-3 months ago) and performs really stellar on DPS aspect

Single blade is a stellar DPS powerframe that relies on Set Up and Bleed rupture mechanics

Dual Blade is also great (maybe TOO great) but it requires little no set up and just spamming 1 Skill (Dragon's Wrath)

You came back just in time because MA Blade powerframes are about to get revisited within the next weeks​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    It's awesome. My Unarmed toon has become my new favorite toon. It has tons of utility mashed in with its higher dps. Reminds me of the TK update. The elbow drop is definitely one of my favorite things, just doin big sick elbow drops into Qwyjibo's ankles!

Actually it feels like a cross between Heavy Weapons and TK.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

It's awesome. My Unarmed toon has become my new favorite toon. It has tons of utility mashed in with its higher dps. Reminds me of the TK update. The elbow drop is definitely one of my favorite things, just doin big sick elbow drops into Qwyjibo's ankles!

Actually it feels like a cross between Heavy Weapons and TK.

Okay, you now have me wanting to play an unarmed toon. :)
  • Options
    merlinmonroemerlinmonroe Posts: 40 Arc User
    Thanks for responding. I was trying to decide between Unarmed and Single Blade. In the past, Unarmed was low damage, but it appears that it is better now.
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I would wait, single blade is coming soon for its update if i heard correctly, when something new has been introduced the last ones updated will often feel downgraded for the next set of fish to sound better (pink is the new purple syndrome: see WallE)

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

I would wait, single blade is coming soon for its update if i heard correctly, when something new has been introduced the last ones updated will often feel downgraded for the next set of fish to sound better (pink is the new purple syndrome: see WallE)

That sure didn't hold true for electric or fire :T
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 924 Arc User
    I dunno... nothing about unarmed screams "omg op!" to me. Doubt it will get nerfed in any significant way.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    avianos said:

Unarmed got recently revamped (2-3 months ago) and performs really stellar on DPS aspect

Single blade is a stellar DPS powerframe that relies on Set Up and Bleed rupture mechanics

Dual Blade is also great (maybe TOO great) but it requires little no set up and just spamming 1 Skill (Dragon's Wrath)

You came back just in time because MA Blade powerframes are about to get revisited within the next weeks​​

For single blade, that would most likely mean tweaking, while for dual blade, it most likely means nerfing (of Dragon's Wrath).